Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Lets Talk Characters!

QUOTE=GGTF1214;52539684]We'll be at the Christmas party this year - our first ever Disney trip! So excited!! :D[/QUOTE]

The first trip is always Magical! I hope you have an amazing time!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

As people who go to MNSSHP a few times a year, we were disappointed in the character options for Christmas. Scrooge is the only "christmas only" critter. All of the other non-villian MNSSHP critters will be there with a scarf or hat or other winter element 9I don't think monsters inc will be there nor Jack and Sally either). The last time we went (2012) we got Scrooge, the mice, the dwarfs and the country bears. Santa goofy is also at the DHS lights, which I think is a better picture location, so we skipped him at club tinsel and we did Christmas. The dwarfs had zero line, so we grabbed them at random.

Jack Skellington is listed on the official Disney schedule for the Christmas party

The dwarfs had a zero line!?

Well is Mickey and co in their Christmas outfits? Also were there nice photo ops with Christmas theme? I can't wait to meet Scrooge!

We'll be at the Christmas party this year - our first ever Disney trip! So excited!! :D

Jack Skellington is listed on the official Disney schedule for the Christmas party

Welcome all of you to the Dis :cheer2: First trips are very exciting ! Parties can be wonderful :goodvibes The first party is Nov 7 and we really will not know who will be there as far as characters until reports start coming in. There were many changes to the MNSSHPs this year, I believe even after those first parties already happened.

I would keep checking the Disboards, www.easywdw.com and www.kennythepirate.com All of those resources will help you plan and that is the biggest part of going to a hard ticket event you MUST form a plan. If you don't you will be walking around like one of Santa's reindeer with the " look in the headlights " It can be fun but very overwhelming.

Have a great time !

We haven't been to a christmas party since he appeared at WDW last year. Wonder if his line will be as long as it is at MNSSHP? Maybe monsters inc will be there too? We won't be back for MVMCP till next year.

We are attending the Dec 7th party. First time for MVMCP but not Disney. So looking forward to the decorations. My dd11 must see the dwarves so will be waiting for news about them:cool1:

Berlioz70 said:
I would hold for a little bit before making your strategy, there are some changes this year which could impact your plan. If you're not going to the first party, then wait until the reports from that night come out.

I guess it's good to have no expectations yet!

We loved getting our picture with Mickey and Minnie in Victorian holiday garb. Don't kiss Mickey's nose though. I did and came home with a nasty cold!

:goodvibes Good idea not to kiss Mickey's nose. I can just imagine all the little kids who have been slobbering all over it!

Welcome all of you to the Dis :cheer2: First trips are very exciting ! Parties can be wonderful :goodvibes The first party is Nov 7 and we really will not know who will be there as far as characters until reports start coming in. There were many changes to the MNSSHPs this year, I believe even after those first parties already happened.

I would keep checking the Disboards, www.easywdw.com and www.kennythepirate.com All of those resources will help you plan and that is the biggest part of going to a hard ticket event you MUST form a plan. If you don't you will be walking around like one of Santa's reindeer with the " look in the headlights " It can be fun but very overwhelming.

Have a great time !

Thank you for the links! Are there any threads that post pictures from former parties?

I'm going on Dec. 18th!! :cool1: My first MVMCP!! :dance3::santa::dance3:

:goodvibes Good idea not to kiss Mickey's nose. I can just imagine all the little kids who have been slobbering all over it!

Thank you for the links! Are there any threads that post pictures from former parties?
I'm going on Dec. 18th!! :cool1: My first MVMCP!! :dance3::santa::dance3:

You're very welcome, Denise, both Josh and Kenny on those sites have from last year and it won't be long before they will have this year too. I am going the night after you. I FEEL like it's my 1st too and it has been decades since I went to one. Ruthie

* I just realized the funniest thing I thought I recognized your USer ID ..we haven't met yet but share dear dear friends PrincessinOz and SunDial !! Hope to meet someday soon too !

I would absolutely bet the house payment on that :thumbsup2

Well, darn it. I wish they would make an announcement. We are there in 2 weeks. And for all the advance planning of fast passes, special tours and dining rezzis, they could afford us the courtesy of generous notice.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry for rant.

You're very welcome, Denise, both Josh and Kenny on those sites have from last year and it won't be long before they will have this year too. I am going the night after you. I FEEL like it's my 1st too and it has been decades since I went to one. Ruthie

* I just realized the funniest thing I thought I recognized your USer ID ..we haven't met yet but share dear dear friends PrincessinOz and SunDial !! Hope to meet someday soon too !

That's what I was just thinking! When you signed your note "Ruthie" I thought, hey! I know Ruthie! Hi! :wave:

When are you going to the party? When will you be there?! I'll be there 12/13 - 20. I see you will be there for Xmas! When do you arrive? Would love to meet you! Ed is coming over on the 13th to hang out with me! :yay:

That first thread is great and has lots of pictures and suggestions! And a map!! Thanks again!

That's what I was just thinking! When you signed your note "Ruthie" I thought, hey! I know Ruthie! Hi! :wave:

When are you going to the party? When will you be there?! I'll be there 12/13 - 20. I see you will be there for Xmas! When do you arrive? Would love to meet you! Ed is coming over on the 13th to hang out with me! :yay:

That first thread is great and has lots of pictures and suggestions! And a map!! Thanks again!

I LIVE here I am not arriving LOL I'll send you a PM :wave2:

Special characters out last year were:
-Wendy (with peter)
-Bert (with Mary)
-Dwarves
-Princes (with their respective princess, MINUS ERIC & BEAST)
-Santa
-Cap Jack Sparrow
-Country Bears
-Aladdin & Abu or Genie & Jasmine switching off

Tiana and Naveen, Scrooge, Mary Poppins and Penguins were out last year as well.

I asked the CM last night when I bought our party tickets if they knew of any party within a party and they said no. I doubted they would know or tell me anyway but I thought I would ask. Hard to believe the first party is almost a week away!

I asked the CM last night when I bought our party tickets if they knew of any party within a party and they said no. I doubted they would know or tell me anyway but I thought I would ask. Hard to believe the first party is almost a week away!

I just called to check a different dining reservation - and asked about a hard ticket dessert party in the castle during the X-mas party. The CM suggested I call back on Monday and look for announcement. I'm not CERTAIN he was being suggestive...but it did feel like it to me.

I wonder if they're just getting through Halloween...

I just called to check a different dining reservation - and asked about a hard ticket dessert party in the castle during the X-mas party. The CM suggested I call back on Monday and look for announcement. I'm not CERTAIN he was being suggestive...but it did feel like it to me.

I wonder if they're just getting through Halloween...

They MNSSHP version was so popular, I think they will "have to" have a winter version. The bean counters would go crazy if they pass up that revenue. Just say A&E are going to be there and it will sell out in minutes! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter