• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discounts?

flynavy

Earning My Ears
I have heard that Disney is giving military members 30%-40% off hotels. Not sure if this is true though. I searched on disneyworld.com and came up blank. I haven't had a chance to check with the ticket office on base. Has anyone heard of this?

I am trying to plan a 3 night trip in Dec to see MVMCP (early Christmas present for my wife and daughters). SOG is my emergency backup but we would much rather stay in a moderate or deluxe.

Thanks for any help.

I haven't heard that however if SOG is full they can often give you great overflow rates if you ask them.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

I called Disney today and the first gentleman I spoke with told me there wasn't any such discount and hung up. So I called back again (because I read it on Mousesavers) and got a very nice lady that time and she found it for me. Yes there is a 30% discount on stays of 1 -6 days and a 40% on 7 or more. It is any level of resort as well. She even figured the discounts for me on the different ones.

However, I am now confused because I had a package and I have to decide which is worth more, the resort savings or the dining savings? But I think I'd stay at a deluxe with the discount, DECISIONS!!!

Goodluck!

Some have reported their CM being able to attach a "package" with tix and dining onto a discounted room as long as it wasn't an AP discount. There was a three letter jump code the CM had to use to input the packge with the room. I'll see if I can find it, I wrote it down somewhere. Maybe someone else reembers too, good luck.
Shawna

That would sure be nice if you could just add it to the package. I really want the disney dining, but would love the better room.

I just called and tried to add the military discount to a package and was told that I had to pick which I wanted. The military discount is a room only discount so the dining package cannot be included.

Not to put them down, but they are extremely inconsistent. I know I read on here about a 3 letter "jump code" that allowed you to add package items (tix and dining) to a discounted room ressie. Do a search for it. I found my disney notebook but can't find the code, I know it had a Y in it. Good luck, I say keep trying, you may get a CRO CM who knows how to do it, or if you are persistent with one, they may ask around.
Good luck.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that there is a 40% discount on room for military if you stay over 7 days?!!! That's better than the AP rate!

Lady bugsy according to mousesavers stays of 1-6 nights are 30% off and 7 and over are 40% off for Military between August 1 and October 4

Does anyone know if retired DOD personel can use this code or just active and retired military?

WHOPPEE!!! I just called and got my reservation changed from 2 rooms at POP for 8 days to 2 rooms at POP for 4 days, and @ rooms at AKL for only 100.00 more! I'm so excited to find this code. BUT there is a problem.

I am the one handling all the reservations. My Aunt and Uncle, who is a disabled Veteran are going with us. The military ID is theirs, not mine. Will this be a problem checking in since I made the reservations?

Military August-October 2005 Room-Only Discount Code

Active duty military can ask for the following codes and get special discounted rates at select Walt Disney World resorts for check-ins 8/1/05-10/4/05:

Code EXJ for 30% off rack rates on a stay of 1-6 nights
Code EXK for 40% off rack rates on a stay of 7 or more nights

HTH! :flower:

Crazy Kanga said:
Does anyone know if retired DOD personel can use this code or just active and retired military?

Not sure on that one. When I called, the CM just said I would have to have a Military ID at checkin. My Uncle is a 100% disabled Vet.

I read the two threads about combining the dining plan to a pin code room rate. I might be more confused now than I was before. :confused3 I think the difference in my situation is that the pin code does not reduce the room rate (the military room only code does) so they are not willing to reduce the room rate on a package that gives the MYW dining plan for free.

I called and spoke with four different CMs today. Each one told me that there was no way to combine the military room discount of 40% off and the pin code promotion I received which gave the MYW dining plan for free (attached to package of room and tickets).

I'd take it all if I could get it, but it must be impossible to do.

I can't think of another way to pose the question to yet another CM.

I'd be glad to try again if anyone has any suggestions. I've never used DU or any other travel agency. Do you think they could accomplish this?

I was told I can't even add the dining plan to my Military discount, but that's fine b/c the room savings was worth it for me.

Crazy Kanga said:

Can retired military use this code? I thought that it stated it was for only ACTIVE duty military only.

This discount sounds as if it's totally unrelated to SOG and it's criteria for who is eligible for the discounted rooms (ie, to include retired military, reservists, DOD employees, etc)

If it is to be only for active duty I do hope that CRO makes that clear and doesn't give some others the discount while denying it to others.

Called this evening to see what the rate would be for Sept on the military discount. Was immediately told by CM that Disney didn't offer military discounts and would need to call SOG directly. Have the code handy when you call... after giving her the code she found the offer right away. For those interested for 7 nights discount AKL Std Savannah was $168 after taxes.

I used the Military discount code also. I booked a room at POFQ for $99 a night. Not too bad! :cheer2: I was also told that there was no way to add the dining package to my ressies. Oh well, the 40% off was enough for me! I was going to stay at SOG anyway. I did read that the discount was for Active Duty only though. :confused3 I will say this though, when WDW had a similar offer in '03, we booked a room at ASMu and when we checked in there was no ID showing. I'm not saying they never ask for it, I'm just saying they didn't ask us for it. We'll be looking forward to August, DH will be on leave from Iraq and POFQ will be his surprise. :earseek: He still thinks we are staying at SOG.
God Bless the Soldiers overseas!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter