• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discounts?

My DH will be home from Iraq next month. He will go back to being a reservist a couple weeks later, so I guess we are not entitled! I have Overflow rates locked in for a Nov. family trip, but he and I want an "alone" trip in the fall.
I remember when they did the wording with the military salute a couple years ago, this wording was confusing.

From one service member to another, please pass along a big "Welcome Home" to your DH.

Not sure if your situation fits but it may be worth a shot:

Operation R&R at Shades of Green
Servicemembers and their families on leave from Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) can take advantage of special package pricing. Shades of Green offers 4 to 8-night packages that include accommodations as well as breakfast and dinner at a greatly reduced cost. What better place to reunite with loved ones and enjoy all that Central Florida has to offer.

I wrote Disney and looks like we can use the code, part of what they wrote says:
This offer is valid only for active members of the US Air Force,
Army, Marines, Navy and
Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard and Reservists.
Activated members of the
National Guard and Reservists must show active duty orders, and must have been
active sometime since
January 1st, 2005.

Califred, when you received your confirmation, did your confirmation say that you had to show military ID? Mine said I needed to show proof of Florida residency. Just wondered if yours said the same thing.

flynavy said:
From one service member to another, please pass along a big "Welcome Home" to your DH.

Not sure if your situation fits but it may be worth a shot:

Operation R&R at Shades of Green
Servicemembers and their families on leave from Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) can take advantage of special package pricing. Shades of Green offers 4 to 8-night packages that include accommodations as well as breakfast and dinner at a greatly reduced cost. What better place to reunite with loved ones and enjoy all that Central Florida has to offer.

This is a great program! I just changed ressies to be able to use it. I am going for 12 days in July when DH returns home. It is a room and dining plan disct. I am paying approx $170 above what room only would cost me for breakfast and dinner for 12 days for 4 people. Even if we don't use all the meals we are still ahead. It is pennies per day per person per meal.I love staying all over the place at Disney but this deal makes it hard to turn down SOG!

Having just got back from SoG you can't go wrong. Flynavy, since the code ends 10/4 try to see if SoG is booked for your stay if it is request an overflow rate. I was able to get $216(incl taxes) for AKL Savanna view in Nov, normally it would have been around $350+

Ladybugsy...

Sorry I just noticed you're question..

I haven't gotten a confirmation yet, I booked through DU and she told me I'd have to show my Military ID.

I got a rate of 56/night (including tax) at POP , and 150/night (including tax) standard view at AKL.

That reunion package at SOG does anyone know if my dh is just home from Iraq but not actually on leave (in the Marine Corps you don't get leave mid deployment) and heading back can you use it? If we have to change our dates it might work out for us.

Yes, you can use it during mid tour leave and after rotating out. They must provide DD Form 31 or DD Form 214 that states they are or just served with OIF/OEF.

We are visiting SOG and using this pkg for a vacation while my DH is on leave between a year tour overseas and a move to a new duty station. I just told him what forms they needed and what they needed to say and he said no problem!

Pkg price is on sliding scale for rank just like regular room price. It is a great deal when you do the math. For 12 days if I subtract the regular room rate from pkg price I am paying $1.75 per person per meal for b'fast and dinner. Even if we only use half it is worth it. I know the food at SoG isn't the best but when it is that cheap...it is fine! The pkg includes b'fast buffet and dinner buffet at Garden Gallery. Regular price is $7.00 per person for breakfast and $14.95-$16.95 per person for dinner. Breakfast is served from 0700-1100 and dinner is served from 1700-2200.

Thanks Pixie, if we end up having to change our dates I think we might try it.

Right now we're fortunate to have been able to use Disney's discount :)

have a great vacation! and Welcome home to your dh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter