Military Salute Tickets 2023

Can you activate at Disney springs upon arrival without going to a park that day?

So the MYW tickets at his base don't have to be tied to a specific park date of first use? When do these tickets expire? I know they aren't like the salute as far as expiration dates.
Thank you!
Yes, you can activate at Disney Springs before going to a park that day.

SOG doesn't charge sales tax, which his base office also might not. If you get them from SOG and want them ahead of time, you would likely have to pay shipping (and you likely want them ahead of time to make park reservations).

Your son needs to purchase the tickets since he is the one who is eligible to purchase them. Shades of Green is a DoD installation and ID requirements apply for purchases at the ticket office.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions

They do not take phone orders. It is easier to just have your son go to his base ticket office and purchase them there.

The Military MYW tickets follow the "old" WDW multi-day ticket rules -- no designated start date but must have first use by Dec. 31, 2023 and expires 14 days from first use. This is different than the current theme park tickets which require a designated start date and valid for only so many days depending on length of ticket.

As mentioned, you WILL need a theme park reservation for each day in the parks.

Yes, you can activate at Disney Springs before going to a park that day.
Son went to base office and bought the MYW tickets today. Sent pics of #s and I loaded them into MDE and made park reservations.
Thanks again everyone!

After reading through this thread I want to make sure I have a few things right.
1) uncle is a retired military member can purchase tickets via shades of green via the form and they will contact him
2) those tickets can be for my family and he would be only be buying 5 of them (not the 6th b/c he has an annual pass) - the 6th ticket basically null since it would have to be for him but again he has an annual pass
3) shades of green tickets that would be mailed to him would be activated and we do not need him to be with us when we go through the gate at the park for the first time
4) once tickets are received we can add them to our account and reserve the park days?

Believe that’s what I have been reading?

After reading through this thread I want to make sure I have a few things right.
1) uncle is a retired military member can purchase tickets via shades of green via the form and they will contact him
2) those tickets can be for my family and he would be only be buying 5 of them (not the 6th b/c he has an annual pass) - the 6th ticket basically null since it would have to be for him but again he has an annual pass
3) shades of green tickets that would be mailed to him would be activated and we do not need him to be with us when we go through the gate at the park for the first time
4) once tickets are received we can add them to our account and reserve the park days?

Correct.

What is the difference between the Military Salute Tickets and MYW tickets? We are new to this and I want to guide SIL to purchase correct ones. I did as one poster suggested and pulled up the flyers, I just can't tell what the difference is between the two. Do they all have to be activated at Disney Springs, or can MYW just be added to MDE like a normal ticket and not have to be activated? Thanks in advance!

Technically, your uncle would need to use a military salute ticket and not his AP. The text below is from the WDW 2023 military salute ticket web page:

"No more than six (6) Disney Military Salute Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). In addition, one (1) of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse."

That being said, if you receive activated tickets from SOG, I'm not sure how they would verify that your uncle is using one of the salute tickets (or not).

Technically, your uncle would need to use a military salute ticket and not his AP. The text below is from the WDW 2023 military salute ticket web page:

"No more than six (6) Disney Military Salute Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). In addition, one (1) of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse."

That being said, if you receive activated tickets from SOG, I'm not sure how they would verify that your uncle is using one of the salute tickets (or not).
As others have stated on here; Disney has no history of implementing this and correct, with them already being activated there is NO way for Disney to track this (nor do they care.)

We even were able to activate our non Shades salute tix once without the military id member having a tix. It was on accident as I forgot my id and I suppose you could say they just took my word for having a mil id, but we activated all of tix with my sons dependent id and he did not have and was not using any of the tix.

The OP will have no problem with their plan.

What is the difference between the Military Salute Tickets and MYW tickets? We are new to this and I want to guide SIL to purchase correct ones. I did as one poster suggested and pulled up the flyers, I just can't tell what the difference is between the two. Do they all have to be activated at Disney Springs, or can MYW just be added to MDE like a normal ticket and not have to be activated? Thanks in advance!
The primary difference is that Salute tickets have a greater discount. However Salute tickets are also only available in 4-day and 5-day and are limited to just 6 per military member during the year. So if your trip is longer and/or you have a larger party, you may want or need to consider the MYW tickets. MYW tickets are simliar to regular theme park tickets in that they are available in 1-day up to 10-day length, with or without hopper and/or the waterparks/sports option. MYW tickets are not date-based but will expire 14-days after first use and first use must be 12/15/2023. Be aware of block-out dates for either Salute or MYW tickets.

If ordering from Shades of Green, the tickets will come pre-activated so no need to activate; if bought at a base, tickets can be activated at Disney Springs or any ticket window. All can be added to MDE and you'll need to make theme park reservations.

The primary difference is that Salute tickets have a greater discount. However Salute tickets are also only available in 4-day and 5-day and are limited to just 6 per military member during the year. So if your trip is longer and/or you have a larger party, you may want or need to consider the MYW tickets. MYW tickets are simliar to regular theme park tickets in that they are available in 1-day up to 10-day length, with or without hopper and/or the waterparks/sports option. MYW tickets are not date-based but will expire 14-days after first use and first use must be 12/15/2023. Be aware of block-out dates for either Salute or MYW tickets.

If ordering from Shades of Green, the tickets will come pre-activated so no need to activate; if bought at a base, tickets can be activated at Disney Springs or any ticket window. All can be added to MDE and you'll need to make theme park reservations.
Thank you! So no matter what (unless they’re bought at Shades of green) they have to be activated at Disney springs? Just trying to pick the simplest option. Also, our military member is planning to be with us, but if anything changes and they can’t be, does one or the other make them invalid if the service member isn’t there?

So no matter what (unless they’re bought at Shades of green) they have to be activated at Disney springs?
No, tickets can also be activated at any park ticket window as well.
If the tickets need to be activated, the military member (or spouse with appropriate ID) must be present. If not, I believe you would need to upgrade to regular tickets.

No, tickets can also be activated at any park ticket window as well.
If the tickets need to be activated, the military member (or spouse with appropriate ID) must be present. If not, I believe you would need to upgrade to regular tickets.
Can the activation take place prior to the first use day? Our first day is not a park day but would like to get the activation process out of the way so on our first park day we can walk in to avoid GS.

As others have stated on here; Disney has no history of implementing this and correct, with them already being activated there is NO way for Disney to track this (nor do they care.)

We even were able to activate our non Shades salute tix once without the military id member having a tix. It was on accident as I forgot my id and I suppose you could say they just took my word for having a mil id, but we activated all of tix with my sons dependent id and he did not have and was not using any of the tix.

The OP will have no problem with their plan.
So when he submits the form for shades of green to call him will they ask the names of the individuals for the tickets or just how many? - that way he can hair say 4 and doesn’t have to associate his name with one of them

Or do you think we will have to buy the 6th and he just not use it b/c of his AP pass

Last edited:
So when he submits the form for shades of green to call him will they ask the names of the individuals for the tickets or just how many? - that way he can hair say 5 and doesn’t have to associate his name with one of them

Or do you think we will have to buy the 6th and he just not use it b/c of his AP pass
The last 2 times I ordered from Shades you just put down the number of ppl. Most recent was 2 months ago. I do. remember at some point, definitely for Dland when. I would get military tix on base they asked for names, but it's been a number of years since that happened.

The last 2 times I ordered from Shades you just put down the number of ppl. Most recent was 2 months ago. I do. remember at some point, definitely for Dland when. I would get military tix on base they asked for names, but it's been a number of years since that happened.
It's still this way. DH got tickets just last week from SOG, they only ask for the number of tickets.

Can the activation take place prior to the first use day? Our first day is not a park day but would like to get the activation process out of the way so on our first park day we can walk in to avoid GS.
Yes - when we have gotten tickets from our ITT office, we just stopped at Disney Springs and activated them at guest services on the way to our resort.

I highly recommend activating them prior to your first day of use so that is one last thing you have to worry about at rope drop.

We have been using salute tickets yearly since 2011. We have randomly been asked for Military ID at the gates a few times through the years when entering even though we are already on day 3 or 4 of our trip. I always carry mine or my husbands so we were fine but if you read through some of the Military or Shades Of Green threads on here you will see it does happen randomly and people had to travel back to their room to grab it. Assuming your Uncle is somewhere on property you will just have to wait for him to arrive and show ID if no one else in the party has one. Even a dependent ID will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter