Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

I can be there that early if that's what you all decide. Or later if you decide that too.
It may be hard to find me so I'll be wearing this shirt. I think the W stands for when the Blackhawks Win?

71EOPuBeeTL._SY355_.jpg

Sorry @rteetz that I don't have the cajones to rock the orange and blue.
You're going to fit right in! On Wisconsin!

I can share my phone # via PM to everyone as well and people can just text me if they can't find me at the start. Don't know how nuts it will be.

Nice shirt choice @roxymama. My guess is the spirit of the Motion W makes you about 1% faster!

I can share my phone # via PM to everyone as well and people can just text me if they can't find me at the start. Don't know how nuts it will be.

Nice shirt choice @roxymama. My guess is the spirit of the Motion W makes you about 1% faster!

Cool, yeah I can pm with # as well next weekend.

Ok, so if I take my 1:01 best time. And times by 1%. That gets me closer to my goal...but not quite, so I guess I'll still have to run hard. I'll take the 1% help though.

I haven't quite decided when I'll arrive yet. Perhaps around 6 but I could probably do earlier. I'll make a decision sometime in the next couple days.

Weather watch is commencing even though we're still a week out. Not liking the early mention of rain and even thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change a million more times but not what I wanted to see. It's also still too warm for my liking. I'm wondering when we'll get true fall weather here - it's still so much above average. :(

And come on guys, what's with the red? We're in Milwaukee not Madison - let's show some blue and gold love for Marquette! :p

I was looking at the race website and I see they have pace teams for the half and full. Due to the fallout in my training from being sick, I think my race plan may be to try to use the 2:30 pacers and stick with them as long as I can. That's an 11:27 pace/mile so I'm hopeful I can hold that for a while.

Hard to believe we're less than a week away now! Fingers crossed for nice weather. Forecast is still showing rain.

And come on guys, what's with the red? We're in Milwaukee not Madison - let's show some blue and gold love for Marquette! :p

I wrote DB a million years ago (ok last year) that if he could get me across the 15k finish line that I'd wear a badger on me. So this is the closest I've gotten to that. I was hoping I could find my husband's Brewer's sausage race shirt cause it's hilarious, but it's gone missing.

At this point I'll take rain over heat. But still crossing my toes for cool and dry.

Almost have to laugh at the current forecast:

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.52.01 PM.png

Dew point of 40-50 on every other day, except Sunday with a sudden rise to dew point of 60s with rain, and some serious wind. Time for some serious drafting for anyone hoping for a PR.

View attachment 276004

Dew point of 40-50 on every other day, except Sunday with a sudden rise to dew point of 60s with rain, and some serious wind. Time for some serious drafting for anyone hoping for a PR.
Yeah... not ideal. I’m still confident I can get a better time than a Disney 10k since I won’t be stopping for characters.

View attachment 276004

I've been in forecast denial and just hoping it changes! Hmmm, I wonder who I can annoyingly run behind if needed????

Yeah... not ideal. I’m still confident I can get a better time than a Disney 10k since I won’t be stopping for characters.

You can always stop for pictures with "characters" before the race!

Dewpoint here at home is 56, temp is 62 and the wind is 19 mph NNE. If it's not totally raining tonight, then it'll give me a pretty good test drive with that weather for my final 4x800 tonight. If it's down-pouring I'll be taking it to the treadmill and reporting back how I feel (which I really hope is ready.)

I wrote DB a million years ago (ok last year) that if he could get me across the 15k finish line that I'd wear a badger on me. So this is the closest I've gotten to that. I was hoping I could find my husband's Brewer's sausage race shirt cause it's hilarious, but it's gone missing.

At this point I'll take rain over heat. But still crossing my toes for cool and dry.
I guess I can forgive you but I will not be wearing red! Haha.

Yes, I agree with rain over heat, since I've done 4 half marathons so far and all 4 have been in hot and/or humid conditions. But rain would be just my luck - maybe one day I'll get preferable weather for a half!

View attachment 276004

It's like Mother Nature is mocking us. Definitely not a forecast I want to see. But as long as it's not thunderstorms and is just rain we'll have to suck it up. And I keep telling myself it won't necessarily rain the whole time. The weather forecast looked almost identical for this past Saturday even the day before and it ended up only really raining for about an hour that day. So fingers crossed it's not that bad.

We're getting lucky with the weather so someone out there is making the right wishes!

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 6.36.19 AM.png

T+D of 100 (perfection!), cloudy (perfection), and 20 mph wind....... (not so perfect). Just a good race to brush up on drafting technique. You will save a ton of energy just tucking behind a group even if they're slightly slower than you want to run. Running in a pack will be hugely beneficial in a race like this.

We're getting lucky with the weather so someone out there is making the right wishes!

View attachment 276441

T+D of 100 (perfection!), cloudy (perfection), and 20 mph wind....... (not so perfect). Just a good race to brush up on drafting technique. You will save a ton of energy just tucking behind a group even if they're slightly slower than you want to run. Running in a pack will be hugely beneficial in a race like this.

You beat me to it! I was going to post something like this just now. When I saw no little rain or lightning picture for Sunday I had to do a double take. Crossing all appendages that it sticks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter