Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction

I haven't been checking every day. But several times a week. I have snagged one set of pins I missed out on that way that is now in my possession. And yesterday was able to place an order for the October pins (so now waiting on shipping confirmation). Hoping to get this last set of pins to be able to complete my set. I have also found this year to be frustrating since it all went online. And now that they have closed the Disney Store that was convenient for me, even if it returns to in store releases, I don't plan to collect next year if there is a new series. I did enjoy the theme this year. Each month's pins and plush were pretty cute.

I wanted to be collecting the pins and ears. Ended up collecting the plush as that's all I've ever been chosen for, and last month we got nothing at all.
IMHO, Merchpass was a great big fail, they should just randomly release small numbers online at various times of day over several days.

I haven't been checking every day. But several times a week. I have snagged one set of pins I missed out on that way that is now in my possession. And yesterday was able to place an order for the October pins (so now waiting on shipping confirmation). Hoping to get this last set of pins to be able to complete my set. I have also found this year to be frustrating since it all went online. And now that they have closed the Disney Store that was convenient for me, even if it returns to in store releases, I don't plan to collect next year if there is a new series. I did enjoy the theme this year. Each month's pins and plush were pretty cute.
I was collecting the Disney wisdom series last year, I love the journals, keeping one as my go-to for household info, one for doodling and another for all the randomness that comes with having sick parents to take care of. I loved them, but there's only so many journals one needs.

The mugs are okay, I loved the Starbucks you-are-here series the best, they never should have ended those.

The pins were fine, but I only want to keep pins that are from our trips, so I'll be getting rid of them soon.

I look forward to seeing what they'll have for us next year, I'm hoping for Mickeys to match the Minnies from this year.

I love the attraction based merch. It seems so hard to come by outside if the parks. Back in 2014/15 they did the Attractionista Dolls and I got all of those for my then 5 year old.

Already got my emails saying we weren't selected for the Fireworks/Castle MMMA stuff. If anyone has a plush that they don't want let me know? It's the only one I will be missing. Good luck to everyone else.

Just got my "I wasn't selected" email. Hoping at some point I'll be able to trade for the pins (I have an extra set of JC ones) or get lucky and come across them online later like I have managed to do with the others that I did not get picked for. Glad this is the end of this. Don't think I'll play if there's another collection next year.

Edit: And my mother didn't get picked either. While I did get picked through MerchPass twice I think, she never got selected. Not even once.

Last edited:
Got the reject email too. It says "Starting 12/16 at 7AM PT these items will be available on shopDisney.com for general purchase while supplies last." I'll try for the pins on 12/16.

I actually ”won” the MerchPass lottery for this month’s ears! It’s the first one I’ve actually gotten. I didn’t get it for the pins, which I had also entered for. I’ll have to check with DH to see if he got either or them.

I was able to get the pins. But took some effort to find them. Searched for Minnie Mouse, not there. Searched for Main Attraction, not there. Followed the link from the MMMA page, not there. Searched for pins, found them about 2/3 of the way through the results.

I have the pins in shopping bag and get to the checkout but just keeps taking me back to the captcha then it times out and I'm back in the virtual waiting room.

Glad you got the pins @gatorlisa! Guess I'll be stalking shopdisney for the pins since they seem to pop up randomly.

It was going to let me buy the ears, but once I took a close look, I decided I liked the new Little Mermaid inspired ears better and I bought those instead XD I hope whoever got the Main Attraction ears I was looking at is happy :-D

It was going to let me buy the ears, but once I took a close look, I decided I liked the new Little Mermaid inspired ears better and I bought those instead XD I hope whoever got the Main Attraction ears I was looking at is happy :-D
I'm happy you found a pair you love. I'm still looking for my first pair... had the HM ones but gave them to my HM fanatic daughter as her first pair.
Disney's system doesn't hold items in reserve for us in the cart. Chances are the ears were sold out before you could would have checked out anyway.

I'm happy you found a pair you love. I'm still looking for my first pair... had the HM ones but gave them to my HM fanatic daughter as her first pair.
Disney's system doesn't hold items in reserve for us in the cart. Chances are the ears were sold out before you could would have checked out anyway.
Oh wow, so even if you can put it in your cart, they might be gone before you can complete the check-out process? That's kind of rotten. Glad I went for the ears that weren't such a hot item!

I was up and online at 6:30 (PST) this morning. The que started up at just before 7am and I was actually able to get my final plush by about 7:15. Now here's hoping nothing goes wrong with the order.

For me, grand tally at the end of the year: I have 4 plush (carousel, mansion, peter pan, btmrr) and three sets of pins (hm, btmrr, castle)

Note, I wanted to be collecting the pins and ears. Never had a chance.

I'd say this collection was a bust and probably has burned me on wanting to collect any more of newer ones, even if they have mickeys to match the minnies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter