Minnie Van cost?

DisneyGuy

DIS Veteran
thinking of taking a Minnie Van to the Grand Floridian tomorrow morning from the Yacht Club. The app is saying it's $25.00 but I thought it was a flat fee of $20.00? I think it even said it was $20.00 on the app earlier? Did the price go up? It's only $5 more but I thought I saw it say $20 earlier.

thinking of taking a Minnie Van to the Grand Floridian tomorrow morning from the Yacht Club. The app is saying it's $25.00 but I thought it was a flat fee of $20.00? I think it even said it was $20.00 on the app earlier? Did the price go up? It's only $5 more but I thought I saw it say $20 earlier.

It was $20 when we utilized them in December. I didn't hear of a price increase, but perhaps it did if the Lyft app is now quoting $25.

Wow I just used it from WL to EPCOT on January 30 and it was 20. We were planning on using it in April. Very sad to hear it went up another $5.

Wow I just used it from WL to EPCOT on January 30 and it was 20. We were planning on using it in April. Very sad to hear it went up another $5.

I was planning on trying it out in April as well. I can afford $25, but I just don't think it's worth it. I would need to be feeling ill or something that would make riding the bus impossible before I would pay that. I thought $20 was a stretch and a splurge. I would be more likely to use it regularly at a price point around $15. I guess that will solve their problems with availability . . .

We only used it because we had to try it out and see how convenient it would be. We used the buses all week and they were fine. The $20 was a lot but it was fun.

We used it as late as 2/2 for $20. We used it 3 times during our vacation. It was great, but they double charged us for one ride.

I hope it didn’t go up. I really enjoy the option. I used it twice in October when I was there and I was okay with 20 bucks.

Not there now, but just pretended in the app and it says $25. Ouch.

That’s a quick price increase for something that was already double the price of another ride. I certainly hope this means they’ve expanded the fleet to meet demand at busier times. This also probably means some people will skip a tip, and more money goes to the company and less to the CM.

I’ve used them on my last two trips and thought they were GREAT, but this is just enough that I’m not sure I’ll do it again. (I also travel with just my wife and realize that if you have a family this may still be good value for you.)

I saw an article that the price went up with all the other price increases today but the article didn’t know how much. I was actually on here to see if anyone knew and you were the one!

Well we tried to use it this morning and both times my credit card was declined (tried two different cards) and it was a fraud protection thing - I received a text from the second card I tried to use and I authorized the charge and went back to the app and tried again....same problem. I gave up, went to bell services and requested a cab because we were losing time playing with the app. Had a cab in less than five minutes and cost about 20.00. Would have been fun to try the Minnie Van, but I wanted a quick ride.

Good to know about the price change though - I wonder if it changed last night because I know I saw it say $20 and then next time I looked it was $25

Considering that Lyft and Uber were already cheaper before the price increase, I think it has priced me out of the market unless I was taking it to Magic Kingdom to be dropped off at the bus area instead of the TTC.

Not there now, but just pretended in the app and it says $25. Ouch.

That’s a quick price increase for something that was already double the price of another ride. I certainly hope this means they’ve expanded the fleet to meet demand at busier times. This also probably means some people will skip a tip, and more money goes to the company and less to the CM.

I’ve used them on my last two trips and thought they were GREAT, but this is just enough that I’m not sure I’ll do it again. (I also travel with just my wife and realize that if you have a family this may still be good value for you.)
Actually, no, it's not.
Not if you compare exact vehicles and levels of service. Realize, Minnie Van is equal to XL
Example (only using Uber as only Uber will offer a car seat option)
UberXL+Car Seat (only 1) from Pop to CR, $25 before tip
Uber XL, without car seat, from Pop to CR, $17 before tip

So, depending on where you are going, a $20 ride, which includes tip, was not at all out of line, and $25 isn't all that high either. Plus, it gets you 2 car seats, something Uber can't do at all.
Now, for those who don't need XL and/or don't need a car seat, it's never been cost effective. A fun splurge for sure, we've done it several times ourselves. But it's also not a fair comparison as you can't compare the cost of X to XL
The only other thing you need to decide, and it doesn't have a monetary value exactly, is how much is a drop off at MK bus stop worth to you? This is the only other thing Minnie Van can do that Uber can't. Uber can get to CR but that's not the same as Bus stop 11

Am I the only one that thinks $20 is a bit too much or do I just sound super cheap lol? I remember my husband and I looking on Uber and Lfyt and seeing cheaper prices on there then the Minnie Vans. Also is it per person or for everyone in the cab?

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks $20 is a bit too much or do I just sound super cheap lol? I remember my husband and I looking on Uber and Lfyt and seeing cheaper prices on their then the Minnie Vans. Also is it per person or for everyone in the cab?
It is one price for the ride, no matter how many in the van. It is more expensive, for sure. But I used it on my solo trip a couple weeks ago. Being a woman alone I felt better having a Disney World cast member as my driver. My 2 rides were $15 each because, when you sign up, you get a few rides at a discount. I had to get from Saratoga Springs Resort to the Grand Floridian for an afternoon tea reservation. It worked very well!

Actually, no, it's not.
Not if you compare exact vehicles and levels of service. Realize, Minnie Van is equal to XL
Example (only using Uber as only Uber will offer a car seat option)
UberXL+Car Seat (only 1) from Pop to CR, $25 before tip
Uber XL, without car seat, from Pop to CR, $17 before tip

So, depending on where you are going, a $20 ride, which includes tip, was not at all out of line, and $25 isn't all that high either. Plus, it gets you 2 car seats, something Uber can't do at all.
Now, for those who don't need XL and/or don't need a car seat, it's never been cost effective. A fun splurge for sure, we've done it several times ourselves. But it's also not a fair comparison as you can't compare the cost of X to XL
The only other thing you need to decide, and it doesn't have a monetary value exactly, is how much is a drop off at MK bus stop worth to you? This is the only other thing Minnie Van can do that Uber can't. Uber can get to CR but that's not the same as Bus stop 11
My driver said the tip was not included in the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter