Minnie Van question

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
We were at Beach Club in November 2017, and got the code for using Minnie Vans. What a great service! We used it several times and loved each trip.

On one of our trips, our driver told us that now that we have the code on our phones, we can use it anywhere on Disney property.

Now we are planning a trip in March but staying at a resort not currently participating in the program.

Question....currently, the Minnie Van does not appear as a choice of vehicles in the app. Obviously, Minnie Vans are not available here in Minnesora, but will that choice suddenly reappear when we get on property?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but we are not normally Lyft or Uber users, and only have used the app at Disney for the Minnie Van.

Thanks in advance.

We were at Beach Club in November 2017, and got the code for using Minnie Vans. What a great service! We used it several times and loved each trip.

On one of our trips, our driver told us that now that we have the code on our phones, we can use it anywhere on Disney property.

Now we are planning a trip in March but staying at a resort not currently participating in the program.

Question....currently, the Minnie Van does not appear as a choice of vehicles in the app. Obviously, Minnie Vans are not available here in Minnesora, but will that choice suddenly reappear when we get on property?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but we are not normally Lyft or Uber users, and only have used the app at Disney for the Minnie Van.

Thanks in advance.

It should show up when there. Also, you can move the map to WDW right now and the Minnie Van option should show up as well (at least it does for me).

It should show up when there. Also, you can move the map to WDW right now and the Minnie Van option should show up as well (at least it does for me).
Sorry, I got so excited to see the minnie van option on the app, that I forgot to say thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!

R
Rats, before I found this thread I tried that. I don't see the Minnie thing on the bottom of the screen like before. I only have the purple lyft one.

When I look in Promos i can see Minnie Van service so maybe I can figure it out when Im down there.:rolleyes1

Last edited:

R

Rats, before I found this thread I tried that. I don't see the Minnie thing on the bottom of the screen like before. I only have the purple lyft one.

When I look in Promos i can see Minnie Van service so maybe I can figure it out when Im down there.:rolleyes1
If you have had it added while on site during a prior trip it will be there when you return. We had it added in August and have used it many times since, no matter what resort we stayed in. Every time we return to property, the option returns as a vehicle choice.

But will a CM set it up for me at Yacht Club if I'm not staying there? I'm going to eat at the Yachtsman and would like to use it to go back to CSR. I have heard they will not set it up unless you are a current guest.

But will a CM set it up for me at Yacht Club if I'm not staying there? I'm going to eat at the Yachtsman and would like to use it to go back to CSR. I have heard they will not set it up unless you are a current guest.
Maybe.
Some have had them say yes.
Some have had them say no.
It won't hurt to ask but have a back up plan just in case they say no

When we were there, they verified that we were staying at Beach Club before they did it.

Well dang. I think we will just drive. Unless I can find someone with the magic hand who knows the code to set it up lol

Uber/Lyft would also be an option, if you'd consider that.
Yeah I know, but even though we aren't going to far I'd be worried about my son not being in a car seat. Although he isn't in a seat on a bus but that's beside the point. lol

Yeah I know, but even though we aren't going to far I'd be worried about my son not being in a car seat. Although he isn't in a seat on a bus but that's beside the point. lol

Fair. You CAN request a car seat Uber, but there are apparently very few of them so the wait may be long. You could also take the boat to Hollywood Studios and catch a bus back to your resort from there.

Fair. You CAN request a car seat Uber, but there are apparently very few of them so the wait may be long. You could also take the boat to Hollywood Studios and catch a bus back to your resort from there.
Cool, didn't know that about Uber. Not familiar with those boat trips. How close are the boat docks at HS to the bus area?

I looked at a map, disregard. That looks like a great alternative if the Minnie Van doesn't work or actually may be a better all around option. Thank you for the info.

How far of a walk is that from The Yacht Club to Hollywood Studios? I just saw that someone said there is a sidewalk the whole way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter