Minnie's holiday dine at H&V no F! Or Mama Melrose lunch with F!?

lisagirl88

Mouseketeer
We have never eaten at either of these restaurants so I was wondering which one you would choose? I have ressies for both, but am making final plans and have to drop one!

how many times is F! showing on your HS day? If there's a second (or third) I think I would probably go to Minnie's dinner (it's a more unique dining experience, which is what I look for at disney) and then the later F! show (which tends to be less busy)

My ressie for Minnie is 7:45 with only a 7:00 show of fantasmic. I was hoping to hit F! And then go right to dinner!?

FWIW....Mama Melrose is one of our family's favorites! We have eaten at both and would choose MM hands down.

We're kind of in the same situation but I'm thinking of doing it all. Not sure if that's too crazy though!

We have mama melrose with F! at 3:55pm. Then we'll see Fantasmic with the vip seats at 7pm and go to Minnie's holiday dinner at 8:15. I was thinking that maybe we could eat light at the lunch and dinner.

Does that sound too crazy? I'd really prefer to just do the Minnie meal with F! Around 5:30pm but it's booked solid. I check many times a day but can't find any openings.

DisneyRobin- I had also hoped to get a Minnie dinner with F! Around 4:30, but no luck. Maybe we will do both too, but I also have a pre park open breakfast thAt day at Sci-Fi so that would be a lot of food and dining credits!!!

We're kind of in the same situation but I'm thinking of doing it all. Not sure if that's too crazy though!

We have mama melrose with F! at 3:55pm. Then we'll see Fantasmic with the vip seats at 7pm and go to Minnie's holiday dinner at 8:15. I was thinking that maybe we could eat light at the lunch and dinner.

Does that sound too crazy? I'd really prefer to just do the Minnie meal with F! Around 5:30pm but it's booked solid. I check many times a day but can't find any openings.

I think that is a lot of money for eating lightly at MM. I never tell folks that their plans are crazy because some of mine only make sense to me, but I would not do this. Not only are you spending a great deal of money fo food youalready know you will not eat, but the park time is lost as well. Can you just get a FP for Fantasmic, skip MM and have a late dinner at H & V?

I know you're right. I'm just not sure what to do since we want to do it all! I'm still holding out hope that a Minnie dinner with F! will pop up.

Not sure if there will be fast passes available for F! since it'll be such a busy day at HS - 11/22. Also, when there are 2 fantasmics, do they only let you FP the 2nd one? If so, that wouldn't work since our Minnie dinner is at 8:15.

Hopefully, we can work up an appetite in between meals. They are 4 hrs apart...

I think that is a lot of money for eating lightly at MM. I never tell folks that their plans are crazy because some of mine only make sense to me, but I would not do this. Not only are you spending a great deal of money fo food youalready know you will not eat, but the park time is lost as well. Can you just get a FP for Fantasmic, skip MM and have a late dinner at H & V?

I know you're right. I'm just not sure what to do since we want to do it all! I'm still holding out hope that a Minnie dinner with F! will pop up.

Not sure if there will be fast passes available for F! since it'll be such a busy day at HS - 11/22. Also, when there are 2 fantasmics, do they only let you FP the 2nd one? If so, that wouldn't work since our Minnie dinner is at 8:15.

Hopefully, we can work up an appetite in between meals. They are 4 hrs apart...

One thing t keep in mind is that you cannot do it all. If you want to hang on to both while waiting fo ran optimal time at H & V to pop up, that's great, but lets do the math here.

Dinner at MM at 3:55, so you check in at say 3:45. MM is not know for running on time, so lets factor at least 20 minutes in to get called and then seated, and you are at 4:15. This is a three course meal, so no matter how you look at it you are there for at least 60 minutes, but probably a bit longer. You will be lucky to get out by 5:30 the earliest by the time you eat, pay and get out. Are you really going to be in the mood for a full buffet after this?

I really do get wanting to do it all, but in this case with all there is at DHS to do somewhere you have to pick your priority and then run with it. If you have kids, this is going to be a LONG time dining in a short period of time. I always look at teh ones that got away as a reason to come back.

You make very good points and I may end up cancelling one or the other, but here's what I'm thinking...

We're doing rope drop that morning at MK and then have our fast passes at AK. When we get to HS, we'll be ready to relax and eat and get our F! passes so we don't have to waste time standing on line. When that meal (lunch) is finished around 5:15 or so, we can go on a ride and shop a bit before heading to Fantasmic.

One F! is over we can check out the Osborne lights or go on a ride. I think the lines will be very long and the lights will be very crowded. We're doing the HS dessert party at the Osborne lights and have FPs at HS the day before so it's ok if the lines are too long and we don't go on anything. I really just want to soak up the lights for one last time that night since I'll probably never see them again and they are my favorite part of Disney.

The Minnie dinner that we may not be hungry for is a little crazy but at the same time, the park will be overcrowded so it may be a nice escape into what I'm hoping will feel like a Disney Christmas party. The main characters will be dressed up and visiting us and the restaurant will be decorated... The price for the meal is less than the dessert party the night before and a lot less than the Halloween soiree at the castle last year which only served dessert - so if we only eat dessert, maybe that's ok. After the 8:15 dinner, we'll still have time to dance to the Christmas Carols at the Osborne lights for one last time since the park won't close until 10:30.

Does that make it sound less crazy? lol

You make very good points and I may end up cancelling one or the other, but here's what I'm thinking...

We're doing rope drop that morning at MK and then have our fast passes at AK. When we get to HS, we'll be ready to relax and eat and get our F! passes so we don't have to waste time standing on line. When that meal (lunch) is finished around 5:15 or so, we can go on a ride and shop a bit before heading to Fantasmic.

One F! is over we can check out the Osborne lights or go on a ride. I think the lines will be very long and the lights will be very crowded. We're doing the HS dessert party at the Osborne lights and have FPs at HS the day before so it's ok if the lines are too long and we don't go on anything. I really just want to soak up the lights for one last time that night since I'll probably never see them again and they are my favorite part of Disney.

The Minnie dinner that we may not be hungry for is a little crazy but at the same time, the park will be overcrowded so it may be a nice escape into what I'm hoping will feel like a Disney Christmas party. The main characters will be dressed up and visiting us and the restaurant will be decorated... The price for the meal is less than the dessert party the night before and a lot less than the Halloween soiree at the castle last year which only served dessert - so if we only eat dessert, maybe that's ok. After the 8:15 dinner, we'll still have time to dance to the Christmas Carols at the Osborne lights for one last time since the park won't close until 10:30.

Does that make it sound less crazy? lol

I think that whatever works for you makes perfect sense. My plans drive folks nuts, but we like them. Have a great time!

you're doing 3 parks in one day.?? that's a lot for my me and my family... that's exhausting..lol.. hope it works

Yeah - we do that a lot.

Sometimes all 4 parks in a day! Lol

We wake up early, stay close to the parks and take cabs btwn parks when it's not a quick walk. That saves a lot of time. We've also been to the parks so many times that we know where we're going and what we want to do, etc.

It also helps that we have a lot of energy! Lol

I find a lot of Times that animal kingdom doesnt need fastpass that much might be better to use them at Hollywood studios and one of them for fantasmic. Animal kingdom starts to slow down by 2 and the only really long line is kilimanjaro safari. It is too cold for kali rapids and everest has a single rider to it. If you are worried about splitting up put one parent before and one after the kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter