MK counter service lunch.....

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
What do you recommend for a counter service lunch at MK - What restaurant and what dish?

Any food at Cosmic Ray's is good! We make it a "must-see" when we go. The kids love to watch Cosmic Ray sing while we eat.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: :wizard:

great corn dog nuggets for the kids and a wonderful fixin's bar at cosmic rays...here's another vote!!!!

Me and my DS watched a Food Network special together featuring foods at WDW. He told me in no uncertain terms that lunch "will be turkey legs"! :teeth:

I like the clam chowder at Columbia Harbor House, but I'll also second the Cosmic Ray's vote.

Another vote for the chicken wrap at Pecos Bill! I also like that you can get carrots instead of fries. It makes for a healthier meal.

Another vote for Pecos Bill's. The portions are huge, the fixins bar is great, and if you hit it early enough, the place is practically empty.
I plan on sharing lunch there with my sisters in June. DH always orders his own because he's a bottomless pit :)

There are several great choices for counter service lunch at MK. We love Columbia Harbour House (they have a great vegetarian chili in a bread bowl), Pecos Bill's and Casey's Hot Dogs.

Columbia Harbor House .. I think it's called the Captain's Plate (?). Chicken strips and fish sticks together. Enough for DH and I to share. Their sandwiches are also very good (and huge!).

Pecos Bill's is also a favorite. Cheeseburgers with fixin's or their salad. Yum! :)

Another vote for the salad at Peco's Bill's. Stop at the fixins bar for some of the cooked onions to add to it. On a hot day-Yum!

My family and I are big fans of Columbia Harbor House. I like the fried fish basket. Not very healthy, but good!!

Depends of your pallete, but for regular fast food (chicken, pizza etc...)

Plaza Pavillion. More quiet atomosphere than Cosmic Rays. Outdoor seating in the shade with a view of a small pond and Main Street. Kids like to watch the ducks, and last time we had a limited view of "Cinderella's Suprise Celebration" in front of the castle. Plenty of seating.

Haven't been to Pecos Bill, I'll have to try next time.

You know, we have eaten at Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, and the Plaza Pavillion. I have heard lots of good things about the Columbia Harbour House and would like to try it there sometime.
Pecos Bill's is our favorite - maybe because it is just "tradition" for us. But we have enjoyed everything that we have had at the Fast Food restaurants in the MK. I don't think that you will go wrong at any of the places eating any of the choices.

My vote is for Cosmic Ray's over Pecos Bill's. They usually have free cheese for fries and barbecue sauce to put on my cheeseburger, so they get the edge. The place gets insane at peak eating times, though.

That's "Sonny Eclipse" singing in the lounge.

We liked the taco place acros from Pirates of the Carribean. It is named "Y Pirato" or something. Pecos Bill's was too crowded when we went and this place was much quieter and the food was good.

Another vote for Columbia Harbor House - favorite dish Captains Plate (fish & chicken strips)
You will not go wrong with either Pecos's Bill or Cosmic Rays
Check the menus at the restaurants to help make your decision

Pecos Bill. I was "trying" to be good and low carb. Pecos Bill made it easy and delish. I ordered a cheeseburger no bun or fries. And went wild with the fixings. It was very good. In fact we ate there twice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter