MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I've been waiting for them to open up 10/2... does this mean I shouldn't hold my breath?

I’m already debating if I want to keep this extra for my August trip.

I’m doing it to try and get 2/3 rides on mine train, but if PP is down I’ll be annoyed and will be pushing me to canceling. More because it’s one less ride to spread people out to.

Got my call about 9/1 this morning. Same compensation as everyone else.

I booked a 10:30 Crystal Palace on 9/3 last night to have it for when they call. I kind of hate to take away morning ride time, but if they are comping it it will let my girls meet a Pooh and friends.

Did the same thing last night. Same day. Same time.
I did the same. Booked 10:40 am and Patrick said that we will receive an emailed gift card covering the price and the gratuity within 2 weeks.

Got my call about 9/1 this morning. Same compensation as everyone else.

I did the same. Booked 10:40 am and Patrick said that we will receive an emailed gift card covering the price and the gratuity within 2 weeks.

The CM I had said the comp meal would be noted and they will see it when I check in at the restaurant and that is why they needed to make the reservation on their end. No mention at all of a gift card or anything. The only mention of 2 weeks was it could take up to that long for the refund to post to my credit card. I guess I have one more question for when they call back.

Great not only can I not book an EMM for our trip, I don't get an awesome "Im sorry package" because even at 180+8 days I couldn't reserve when others could for 9-24, and I also now have a worthless BOG PPO since they are changing these dates to EMH. This is like getting sprinkled with the opposite of pixie dust.

The CM I had said the comp meal would be noted and they will see it when I check in at the restaurant and that is why they needed to make the reservation on their end. No mention at all of a gift card or anything. The only mention of 2 weeks was it could take up to that long for the refund to post to my credit card. I guess I have one more question for when they call back.
Mine was already booked so that may be why the different procedure?

Whoa a gift card!

I would have much preferred that. They wouldn’t even apply the comp’ed dinner to my exisiting BOG reservation. She said it has to be CP or the plaza and only breakfast.
They did tell me it has to be CP or the Plaza for breakfast. I’ll report back when I receive it, if there are any stipulations on it.

My sister just got the call for her 9/17 EMM being canceled. Looks like they are getting a refund, a gift card to cover their breakfast at the Plaza with the gratuity for 8:55am and the 8 FP's like others have mentioned here. She didn't have CP as a choice for breakfast, just the Plaza but we already have CP booked during our trip for breakfast on a different day.

Our trip is 9/1-9/6 and I was banking on being able to pay for EMM to at least have some assurance of a low crowd opportunity for my 16 month old and husband who has terrible anxiety. I am really leaning toward moving my trip with the Star Wars opening just days before and now that these are being canceled. Can anyone convince me otherwise? At least it we moved it to May 2020, we could do EMM, After Hours, or other paid events to decrease crowds. Plus the humidity won't be as suffocating. I know that the halloween party is happening during our trip, but I have heard that that is extremely crowded now too, so doesn't help our situation.

Any way you could move it forward to this summer? The discounts that Disney released yesterday are pretty great, lots of room discounts and gift card incentives.

Depending upon the crowds & the opening of Rise of the Resistance, as well as park anniversary stuff and new rides opening in 2020, I don't know how EMM is going to play out as far as scheduling. You could delay your trip until May only to still not have it offered then. If you try to go this summer, you'll get there before Star Wars, while they are still offering EMM.

More of a lurker but just wanted to note that we just got a call for 9-3 being cancelled. We received same compensation as others mentioned (refund, fastpasses, and breakfast). We weren’t given a choice of restaurant or time though, just said they had an opening at crystal palace at 9:50. I was more than thrilled to accept as we haven’t been to Disney world before so it’s all new to us lol. We were also told we would receive a gift card to use for our meal.

Just wanted to pass along our update.

Just got the call about our 9/3 date and was offered the same compensation as everyone else. Very generous.

It’s obviously not urgent, but for those that had problems with the anytime FP showing incorrectly in MDE, what did you do to have it fixed? Mine currently shows that everyone person has 3/3 so I assume that means we only have 3 each right? I’ve never used an electronic anytime FP before since the last time we went they were still using paper ones for extras.

I got my call for 9/3 too. I am pleased with the compensation and in some ways this might be better? I think we might park hop in the afternoon and use our three fast passes in a different park. Would that work? I know the 8 can only be for those rides. My plan is to be near the front of rope drop crowds. Do our top rides not included until our late breakfast at 10:30. Do our 8 fantasy land fast passes and then maybe hop to animal kingdom.

Hey all - got my call today about 9/3 as well but I missed it - need to call them back tomorrow. Just curious if anyone who has been canceled already had free dining - and if that affected what compensation was? I'm guessing no - but curious. We have free dining - but could always use the extra credit I suppose.

I got my call for 9/17 - only getting fast passes + refund to credit card because I am leaving at noon for the airport and they couldn’t get breakfast in - it’s ok - the fast passes will probably work out better for me anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter