MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had luck - I've been checking/stalking for about 3 weeks now for Feb. 4th - it sold out the morning that I was going to get ours! :-( I am so mad at myself! I'll keep checking though! We booked a Kona Cafe breakfast so if we end up not getting EMM I'll enjoy the mimosa flight with breakfast to ease the pain! LOL - first world problems!

My EMM date sold out the day I went to book (two days ago - for April 24). I was able to get 1 person booked, not the second. I'm planning to keep checking until the last day to cancel... hopefully some people will cancel. If you have time on Feb 2nd-3rd, I would be checking over and over!

My EMM date sold out the day I went to book (two days ago - for April 24). I was able to get 1 person booked, not the second. I'm planning to keep checking until the last day to cancel... hopefully some people will cancel. If you have time on Feb 2nd-3rd, I would be checking over and over!

Yes, my plan for March 25 is to check about 20 Times a day everyday. Haha

I plan to! Will it show up if I search from the app or do I have to be on the site? I only ask as we'll be out and about the parks those days... the app is easier to navigate while in the parks but I know not everything shows up on the app when searching.

I plan to! Will it show up if I search from the app or do I have to be on the site? I only ask as we'll be out and about the parks those days... the app is easier to navigate while in the parks but I know not everything shows up on the app when searching.

In MDE, it says book this special event online or call. I would bookmark the web page on your phone so you can book directly online. My guess is you'll have the best chances two nights before since guests have until 7:45 am Feb 3 to cancel. Good luck!

In MDE, it says book this special event online or call. I would bookmark the web page on your phone so you can book directly online. My guess is you'll have the best chances two nights before since guests have until 7:45 am Feb 3 to cancel. Good luck!

Great idea! Thanks!!

I was reading a review from Kenny The Pirate about his experience with EMM (very positive). He felt there were far less than 200 guests attending the sold out event. He never saw a full train on 7D or crowds at breakfast. He does not think 200 is the magic number.

Anyone able to get a number from a CM? I’m curious.

I was reading a review from Kenny The Pirate about his experience with EMM (very positive). He felt there were far less than 200 guests attending the sold out event. He never saw a full train on 7D or crowds at breakfast. He does not think 200 is the magic number.

Anyone able to get a number from a CM? I’m curious.
Yes, I did. The number is 200. When trying to book a certain date, it would not let me book my party of 4, but would let me book just a party of 1. I thought it may be a glitch, so I called and spoke to a CM. She said that date had 199 people booked. That is why it would let me book 1 but not 4. There was only 1 spot left available before reaching the max 200 people. And there is NO wiggle room in that number. The CM could not add the 3 more we needed and go over that magic 200 limit.

Yes, I did. The number is 200. When trying to book a certain date, it would not let me book my party of 4, but would let me book just a party of 1. I thought it may be a glitch, so I called and spoke to a CM. She said that date had 199 people booked. That is why it would let me book 1 but not 4. There was only 1 spot left available before reaching the max 200 people. And there is NO wiggle room in that number. The CM could not add the 3 more we needed and go over that magic 200 limit.

Thanks.

I guess 200 guests in Fantasyland really feels like a handful. That’s good to know!

Heads up for the July EMM watchers....Sunday, 7/29 was added as an EMM date (continuing the current pattern of adding dates at the 180 day mark). For whatever reason they skipped over Tuesday 7/24, looks like no EMM that day.

Will update Post #1 tonight.

Any idea when August dates will be announced? I'm hoping to be able to do it again (did it last fall and loved it) on my birthday trip (tentative MK days are August 12, 13, and 14, though I could shift that a day either way).

[EDIT] It looks like July is Sundays and Tuesdays, but they skipped the second to last Tuesday in July, so...maybe not the same in August.

Any idea when August dates will be announced? I'm hoping to be able to do it again (did it last fall and loved it) on my birthday trip (tentative MK days are August 12, 13, and 14, though I could shift that a day either way).

[EDIT] It looks like July is Sundays and Tuesdays, but they skipped the second to last Tuesday in July, so...maybe not the same in August.

If the current pattern holds, dates will be made available at the 180 day mark on a rolling basis. Sometimes they get ‘off’ of this pattern for whatever reason, but at the moment it’s a rolling 180 day window. :thumbsup2

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I am planning to book EMM for an upcoming trip for me and daughter (age 7). We've experienced DL and CA Adv before but this is our first trip to WDW. Some questions:
1) Has anyone had experience with booking EMM as your very first experience in the MK, or thoughts on this? We are very excited for this and my only thought/concern is that DD might be distracted on the way in, as the castle, etc., are obviously enormous draws and we won't have had time to experience them. (There are two EMM offered during our trip.)
2) Is it a reasonable and a good plan to try to line up to meet Merida right at the end of the EMM time? She is a huge priority for us. Does that line form fast after RD?
3) Do Sun. vs. Tues. EMM make a big difference in terms of crowds at RD/first hour after?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice. :-)

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I am planning to book EMM for an upcoming trip for me and daughter (age 7). We've experienced DL and CA Adv before but this is our first trip to WDW. Some questions:
1) Has anyone had experience with booking EMM as your very first experience in the MK, or thoughts on this? We are very excited for this and my only thought/concern is that DD might be distracted on the way in, as the castle, etc., are obviously enormous draws and we won't have had time to experience them. (There are two EMM offered during our trip.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice. :-)

The very first thing my family of 5 did in WDW was EMM. My kids (5, 3, and baby at the time) had never been to a theme park of any kind before. It was awesome. We got pictures taken by the castle in a near-empty park, rode all the rides multiple times (and the carousel for my 3yo), did the astro-orbiter (kids' request), and then had a really yummy breakfast while watching people get on It's a Small World. It was so magical, and a great introduction to WDW. Ours was on a Tuesday, and RD crowds were definitely lighter than when we RD'd the following Sunday.

I don't think she'll be too distracted... she's older than our kids, but we had hyped up the rides a lot, and they looked at the castle but were ready to ride.

Thank you! My gut instinct, based in part on lower season weekdays at DL/CA Adv., was that Tues. was bound to be at least a bit less crowded than Sunday. Really appreciate that you shared your experiences! Did you watch people get on Small World from Pinocchio House? Can you actually see inside the ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter