• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone in doubt, we did this in late July and will be doing it again on 3/18. We got there a few minutes late because neither monorail or the ferry were running from the TTC until almost 7:45am. Even getting there a bit late, I rode 7DMT 11 times. I had to stop, because I was getting nauseous. DH and DS rode is 13 times. We rode PP once. Pooh was down. We had a couple of minutes to use the bathroom and then wait for RD. We then did breakfast about 9:30am. It was one of those priceless things.

Just curious what you were able to get in from RD until you did bfst at 9:30. Thanks.

When I did it last summer, I rode 7DMT 7 times, Peter Pan 2 times, and Winnie the Pooh 1 time. 7DMT had a couple minutes wait when they first opened as most of the guests went there first, but was walk-on after a short while. The CMs at Peter Pan were practically begging people to reride by the time I got there. Most of the boats were empty.

Looking back through my PhotoPass pictures, it looks like I wasn't the only one riding over and over....I see a lot of the same faces.

EMM.jpeg

Just curious what you were able to get in from RD until you did bfst at 9:30. Thanks.

We did this last spring and we rode Dumbo, Under the Sea, and Teacups by breakfast (~9:45). We ate fast then rode Small World and Haunted Mansion with very short lines. My husband does not usually love Disney, but EMM made such a difference in our day that he wants to schedule it for every trip!!!

We did this last spring and we rode Dumbo, Under the Sea, and Teacups by breakfast (~9:45). We ate fast then rode Small World and Haunted Mansion with very short lines. My husband does not usually love Disney, but EMM made such a difference in our day that he wants to schedule it for every trip!!!

This is pretty much how we want to do it, but I think we'll stay in FL until after we eat. Not too worried about running to the mountains, as my kid won't ride them lol.

We are booked for May 8th. I know it is published to end at 10AM, do they start removing the breakfast items right at 10AM. I am just trying to plan on how many rides we can get in at rope drop and still get back in time for breakfast.

Last August, we attempted to do BTMM and Splash at RD and be back by 9:50 or thereabouts for breakfast however Splash was having technical issues and we were delayed so we didn't arrive until 10:15! I was certain that they wouldn't let us in but they were quite gracious and didn't rush us at all. FWIW, there were a couple of other families there still eating. So on that particular day they didn't start striking the breakfast buffet until around 10:30. Obviously I don't recommend that anyone arrive there at 10:15 expecting the same outcome.

Just booked for 8/28/18 and very much looking forward to it!

Today was my ADR day, so since I was on MDE, I checked for EMM availability. I was hoping for Sunday, September 2, but it appears there's no EMM that day. There is on Tuesday, September 4, though, so we will do that day. We are there August 31-September 8, and I wanted to do EMM earlier in the trip, but oh well!

Today was my ADR day, so since I was on MDE, I checked for EMM availability. I was hoping for Sunday, September 2, but it appears there's no EMM that day. There is on Tuesday, September 4, though, so we will do that day. We are there August 31-September 8, and I wanted to do EMM earlier in the trip, but oh well!

Same here. Going in Oct and was hoping for a Sunday on the first day of our trip but it looks like it will be Tues and Thurs. still holding out hope.

Were you able to book for 9/4 yet? My window opens on Monday morning and I am hoping to get it.

When I did it last summer, I rode 7DMT 7 times, Peter Pan 2 times, and Winnie the Pooh 1 time. 7DMT had a couple minutes wait when they first opened as most of the guests went there first, but was walk-on after a short while. The CMs at Peter Pan were practically begging people to reride by the time I got there. Most of the boats were empty.

Looking back through my PhotoPass pictures, it looks like I wasn't the only one riding over and over....I see a lot of the same faces.

View attachment 305412

Late response here, but that photo collage is awesome. :-)

That's a great idea for something to make as a gift/keepsake later.

Post #2 & Post #3 have been updated with the latest dates and any reviews posted in the thread.

Thank you to everyone that posts visible dates in your 180+ window and for those that post reviews/thoughts/strategies.

Happy planning all!

Just FYI, it appears from the MK calendar that Tuesday, 9/11 will be an EMM morning (it shows “Special Ticketed Event 7:45-9AM”, which is usually an early indicator for EMM.

Ok everyone we are booked for EMM on 9/4! We'll be coming from the Poly (!!!). What method of transport is the best way that early? The only MK resort we ever stayed in was the Contemporary, so I have no idea how we should go about getting there by 7:30am.

Ok everyone we are booked for EMM on 9/4! We'll be coming from the Poly (!!!). What method of transport is the best way that early? The only MK resort we ever stayed in was the Contemporary, so I have no idea how we should go about getting there by 7:30am.

I’ve done it from Poly a few times. ‘Usually’ the monorail is running starting at 7AM, but you do have to be mindful of monorail hours when you are there just in case. They can change week to week.

But if this were me, I’d be leaving my room 7ish.

I’ve done it from Poly a few times. ‘Usually’ the monorail is running starting at 7AM, but you do have to be mindful of monorail hours when you are there just in case. They can change week to week.

But if this were me, I’d be leaving my room 7ish.

Thanks! I thought I read in the poly thread that they would have buses if the monorail isn't running. Is that correct?

Thanks! I thought I read in the poly thread that they would have buses if the monorail isn't running. Is that correct?

In theory, that is correct. In reality, if the monorail is down for a mechanical delay/problem/etc, I have found things go a bit off the rails. There ‘should’ be a bus, but YMMV!

Quick story. This wasn’t for EMM but it was an early MK opening back around NYE (and I really wanted to be there on time). Monorail was down for some reason (didn’t know until I walked up). After a deep breath, I decided to take a taxi to CR. Had him drop me off just past the security gate and walk to MK.

It added a few minutes of overall time vs the monorail, but I was really worried if I waited for a bus I’d be waiting much longer.

I guess, point being, sometimes you have to quickly react and make an alternate plan on the fly! :-)

After reading a few reviews online and this entire thread I decided to book our first EMM! We are going 5/13 and it will be myself, DH and our DS(3.5). I’m a little nervous because DS measured 37” in January (he was shoeless) so I’m really hoping between shoes and 4 months of growing that he’ll gain that extra 1”. But if not at least DH and I will finally get to ride 7DMT for the first time while the other takes DS to Pooh or PP.

We are staying at POFQ, any thoughts on whether I should rely on the buses or plan on getting a Minnie Van?

Next, I was trying to plan our morning and this is what I came up with. Thoughts/suggestions?

Arrive by 7:30
EMM rides until 8:55
Head to Tomorrowland for Buzz, then Astro Orbiter and (if time) Tomorrowland Speedway
Breakfast at 9:40ish-10:15
Barnstormer, Dumbo, Teacups, iASW, Under the Sea (as many as we have time for)
Haunted Mansion FP for 10:30-11:30 and ride at the end of window
Jungle Cruise FP 11:30-12:30
Aladdin’s Magic Carpets
PotC FP 12:30-1:30
Try to get add’l FP for rides we didn’t have time for earlier like iASW and Under the Sea

TIA for any input you might have!

After reading a few reviews online and this entire thread I decided to book our first EMM! We are going 5/13 and it will be myself, DH and our DS(3.5). I’m a little nervous because DS measured 37” in January (he was shoeless) so I’m really hoping between shoes and 4 months of growing that he’ll gain that extra 1”. But if not at least DH and I will finally get to ride 7DMT for the first time while the other takes DS to Pooh or PP.

We are staying at POFQ, any thoughts on whether I should rely on the buses or plan on getting a Minnie Van?

Next, I was trying to plan our morning and this is what I came up with. Thoughts/suggestions?

Arrive by 7:30
EMM rides until 8:55
Head to Tomorrowland for Buzz, then Astro Orbiter and (if time) Tomorrowland Speedway
Breakfast at 9:40ish-10:15
Barnstormer, Dumbo, Teacups, iASW, Under the Sea (as many as we have time for)
Haunted Mansion FP for 10:30-11:30 and ride at the end of window
Jungle Cruise FP 11:30-12:30
Aladdin’s Magic Carpets
PotC FP 12:30-1:30
Try to get add’l FP for rides we didn’t have time for earlier like iASW and Under the Sea

TIA for any input you might have!

Sounds like a heck of a morning to me! Love it!

If it were me, I might bump my FPs up just a bit so I could be using my first FP and second FP back to back. But it’s not that critical.

As for morning transport - I do fall in the camp of ‘controlling’ your trip if you can. Buses are just fine 99% of the time, but a few extra bucks can give you that little bit of ‘control’ just in case.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter