• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Review of 5/8/18 EMM: Awesome event!

Family of 6 adults, 4 preschoolers (13 months-5). We were at Poly monorail and through security by 7:10 and waited until 7:25 for the first train to come by. Got checked in by 7:37. We were let in at 7:47. We took our time stopping for a few pictures.

All three rides were working plus the carousel. We rode 7DMT x 4, PP x 4, Pooh x 2. We could have done more but we weren’t on that kind of pace. At 9:00 we went to various rides...some to SM, some Buzz and some IaSW. Back for breakfast at 9:45, which was surprisingly good!

We were so happy our first choice of EMM dates,5-6, was not offered since that was my first choice and it was pouring rain that morning. Today we had beautiful clear, cool weather. We’d definitely do this again!

Thanks for letting me know the time it takes to get there from the poly! Does the boat not run that early?

So if we want to ride seven dwarfs as many times possible without a long wait...we should do PP then Winnie?
Technically, you'd be better off with this plan, but just slightly. We did 7DMT first, 10 times, then Pooh and PP each once. No shortage of 7DMT rides for us as you can see! We were just excited to ride it a lot, so we did it first. It honestly doesn't matter what you do first!

Thanks for letting me know the time it takes to get there from the poly! Does the boat not run that early?

I think the boat started at 7:00? But we had a monorail plan so didn’t pay close attention to boat times.

I originally had a 10 am BOG breakfast ADR booked for our MK day on our upcoming trip. When checking out the park hours the other day I noticed there was a ticketed event before park opening. I had never heard of EMM and had to google “Disney ticketed events.” It brought me to the EMM page on Disney’s website and I knew we had to do it. I immediately cancelled BOG and after reading these reviews I’m sure we made the right choice.

I am currently checking for cancellations on 24th June several times a day:surfweb:. I had it booked for 1st July but then The After Hours event came along and we booked that for 30th June, supposedly instead of doing EMM at all. But I still really want to try EMM and managed to get 3 places for 24th June which is the only other date available in our trip. Problem is there are 5 of us so keeping fingers crossed another 2 places come available in the next 6 weeks!!

I'm looking at my next trip and both EMM and Disney After Hours are available. Does anyone have a preference between the two? I'm going in July if that helps. Thanks!

I'm looking at my next trip and both EMM and Disney After Hours are available. Does anyone have a preference between the two? I'm going in July if that helps. Thanks!

Hard to compare the two offerings, in my opinion. They are both available for an upcoming trip for us as well, but we’re keeping EMM because of the ages of my kids (7 and 3). I’d take DS7, but 10-1am is just too late for it to make much sense for us.

If not for the kiddos, it’d be DAH all the way for me.

Heads up to any other 4/24 EMM attendees - initially no pictures from 7DMT showed up in my account, and when I asked at the photopass services center (in town square theater) they told me they had no 7DMT pictures from before 9am in the system and that "maybe they didn't turn the camera on." (Which sounded like nonsense but what could I do?) However, this week pictures and videos suddenly showed up in my account! DS and I had gone out of our way to make different matching faces for each of our 10 rides, so it's nice to finally have those pictures. If you too were missing your 7DMT pictures, might be worth checking MDE!

So happy they included November this year, as they didn't last year. This is our favorite extra that we do each trip! We thought they wouldn't have it this year in Nov. Can't wait to book it.

During EMM, since it lasts until 10 am with 9 am park open, does your wristband get you into the FP line for PP, Pooh, and 7DMT once the park is open to general public or do you have to wait in standby?

During EMM, since it lasts until 10 am with 9 am park open, does your wristband get you into the FP line for PP, Pooh, and 7DMT once the park is open to general public or do you have to wait in standby?
The unlimited access to those three rides ends when the park opens to the general public. You can enjoy breakfast during that time, or ride other Fantasyland rides with short/no waits for a little while before grabbing breakfast...

I’m still surprised to see them on there as well. Shows what I know!

Have fun!

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I wonder if it was because last year they made a kinda last minute change the park closure on the MVMCP days (closing at 6 instead of 7) and to compensate for the late notice to day guests they opened the parks at 8am they did MVMCP. I suspect this year since people know the park closes at 6 they'll just do the park hours from 9-6 on MVMCP days. I sure hope they offer EMM on the similar days they did in 2016. We missed out on being able to attend EMM last year during our post Thanksgiving trip. We're crossing our fingers we can do it again this year!

November 11 and 13 are both now included for 2018. I'm hoping this a good sign for us being able to do it on December 9 or 11.

Yay, I am also hoping for Dec 11! This does give me a bit more hope, since Nov 13 has a xmas party, and now has EMM. Dec 11 already has the xmas party, so I thought maybe EMM wouldn't be avail (like last year).... but now I have hope!

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I wonder if it was because last year they made a kinda last minute change the park closure on the MVMCP days (closing at 6 instead of 7) and to compensate for the late notice to day guests they opened the parks at 8am they did MVMCP. I suspect this year since people know the park closes at 6 they'll just do the park hours from 9-6 on MVMCP days. I sure hope they offer EMM on the similar days they did in 2016. We missed out on being able to attend EMM last year during our post Thanksgiving trip. We're crossing our fingers we can do it again this year!

We were at the EMM the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2016. It was such a great start to the day. :-)

Yay, I am also hoping for Dec 11! This does give me a bit more hope, since Nov 13 has a xmas party, and now has EMM. Dec 11 already has the xmas party, so I thought maybe EMM wouldn't be avail (like last year).... but now I have hope!

Us too on December 11th. We were so bummed last year that EMM wasn't offered November/December. It was really a big let down for us as we'd been looking forward to it. Fingers crossed these November dates during MVMCP are good signs for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter