MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also new to EMM. I never really paid attention to it, but it's slow at work today so I started trying to research what it is exactly. In trying to research through the boards, it seems that there are offerings in Oct but I'm not sure what days. The link of the pictures on the post at the beginning of the thread doesn't seem to have the Oct dates, but 2 pictures of the Jul/Aug/Sep dates? :oops:o_O Our MK day is actually going to be on Tues, Oct 23, and I think from what I've been able to find out on here it may be offered that day. However, the Disney website link isn't working either, and based on me trying to log into MDE on my phone, through safari and from my work computer, the Disney website doesn't appear to be working at all. :mad: If I could find a shocked face I'd post it...anyway...so, can someone tell me if the EMM is available for booking on Tues, Oct 23, still? Or is it sold out, on hold, or what? TIA!

Hey everyone, check out my posts earlier above. They are not sold out, just not taking any bookings past sept 25. I have been round and round with this with various Disney CMs and their superiors.

At one point it was bookable (through end of nov), and several here have tickets in hand. Then one night it suddenly became unbookable past 9/25.

Just have to keep checking, and post here when it opens back up again!

If anyone can chime in I am wondering if it is feasible to ride Pan x 2, Pooh x 2 and 7DMT x 5. We cannot skip Pooh, as it's my daughter's favorite ride in all of WDW.

We want to do Haunted Mansion at 9am then eat breakfast. Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Any suggestions on the order?

HM at 9 followed by breakfast is exactly my plan. DH plans to ride SDMT "until he pukes."

I am also new to EMM. I never really paid attention to it, but it's slow at work today so I started trying to research what it is exactly. In trying to research through the boards, it seems that there are offerings in Oct but I'm not sure what days. The link of the pictures on the post at the beginning of the thread doesn't seem to have the Oct dates, but 2 pictures of the Jul/Aug/Sep dates? :oops:o_O Our MK day is actually going to be on Tues, Oct 23, and I think from what I've been able to find out on here it may be offered that day. However, the Disney website link isn't working either, and based on me trying to log into MDE on my phone, through safari and from my work computer, the Disney website doesn't appear to be working at all. :mad: If I could find a shocked face I'd post it...anyway...so, can someone tell me if the EMM is available for booking on Tues, Oct 23, still? Or is it sold out, on hold, or what? TIA!

I have a reservation for October 23, so yes, it is being offered that day.

I have a reservation for October 23, so yes, it is being offered that day.

Thank you. Haven’t decided if we want to do it yet, but sounds like I need to keep watching to see if it will even become available again. What’s the best way to find out if it opens? Will it be bookable on MDE?

Thank you. Haven’t decided if we want to do it yet, but sounds like I need to keep watching to see if it will even become available again. What’s the best way to find out if it opens? Will it be bookable on MDE?

You book it like you book any other dining reservation.

Hmmmm...last August EMM DD and I got in line for Cinderella at 8:55 (2nd in line) and then jumped in the Rapunzel line and were done both by about 9:20am. My boys went to Space Mountain and I don't think they had to wait for the rope drop crowd. Seems a bit unfair to be held later than the rest of the crowd. What if you wanted to see the Opening Show? Would they let you through?

Anyway, I guess heading toward Frontierland at 9am instead of Tomorrowland is the better bet currently?

Hmmmm...last August EMM DD and I got in line for Cinderella at 8:55 (2nd in line) and then jumped in the Rapunzel line and were done both by about 9:20am. My boys went to Space Mountain and I don't think they had to wait for the rope drop crowd. Seems a bit unfair to be held later than the rest of the crowd. What if you wanted to see the Opening Show? Would they let you through?

Anyway, I guess heading toward Frontierland at 9am instead of Tomorrowland is the better bet currently?

We went last October 1st and again in March. Last year, we weren't held back. We were in line at HM at 8:55am and the first people on. But in March, it was completely different. Everyone was held in Fantasyland at various points until 9am.

Hey everyone, check out my posts earlier above. They are not sold out, just not taking any bookings past sept 25. I have been round and round with this with various Disney CMs and their superiors.

At one point it was bookable (through end of nov), and several here have tickets in hand. Then one night it suddenly became unbookable past 9/25.

Just have to keep checking, and post here when it opens back up again!

Thank you!

I know this may have already been addressed on this thread, and I did read a few pages, so forgive me if this is redundant: What happens if 7DMT is down while attending EMM? I know last time we were there it was down several times. In fact, on our MK day, 4 attractions were down for a period of time (one a very long time).

I know this may have already been addressed on this thread, and I did read a few pages, so forgive me if this is redundant: What happens if 7DMT is down while attending EMM? I know last time we were there it was down several times. In fact, on our MK day, 4 attractions were down for a period of time (one a very long time).
I think based on some reviews we've seen, it appears as if they allow you to return to the FP line at 7DMT until noon (using your EMM bracelet.)
Maybe someone else can chime in if that's not right.

The most consistent reports when 7DMT has been down is that they’ll let you use the FP line on an unlimited basis through noon. You just show them your EMM wristband and they let you through.

This happened to us once (a long time ago) and it ended up working out very well for our style as we were going to be around Fantasyland anyway. We actually preferred spacing out rides a bit. But it’s not a great option for some folks who may have tight other plans once the park opens.

If things are totally nuts (really long closure, whatever they offer doesn’t work for you, etc), a stop by Guest Relations to discuss is always an option.

So the EMM calendar on the Disney site now scrolls into January, yet no dates listed for December or January at this point. Are they killing the program after November?

So the EMM calendar on the Disney site now scrolls into January, yet no dates listed for December or January at this point. Are they killing the program after November?

180 days from today would be 1/3. You didn’t see EMM start this past Jan until Tuesday, 1/9. My “guess” is we’ll see dates added, but probably after the WDW marathon, which is later this year (1/12/19).

I'm going to ask for some opinions because we're getting (sort of) close to FP days. We're doing EMM and MNSSHP on the same day. Because of that, we'd like to be out of the park by noon. Park hours are 9A-6P. My biggest concern is making FP outside of the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland area. If 7DMT is down, I don't want to have to go back to Frontierland to use a FP then return to Fantasyland to ride 7D and then back to another area to use a FP, etc. So does it make the most sense to use our FP relatively close to the EMM area just in case 7D is down? (And yes, I realize this is completely overthinking things and borderline ridiculous, but, eh :duck:

I'm going to ask for some opinions because we're getting (sort of) close to FP days. We're doing EMM and MNSSHP on the same day. Because of that, we'd like to be out of the park by noon. Park hours are 9A-6P. My biggest concern is making FP outside of the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland area. If 7DMT is down, I don't want to have to go back to Frontierland to use a FP then return to Fantasyland to ride 7D and then back to another area to use a FP, etc. So does it make the most sense to use our FP relatively close to the EMM area just in case 7D is down? (And yes, I realize this is completely overthinking things and borderline ridiculous, but, eh :duck:

We had it in the back our minds when planning that 7DMT could be down - though as it turned out everything was fine. So our strategy was to go to Tomorrowland for Space or Buzz (some kids to one - others to the other) right at 9:00 - no FP. We were well ahead of the RD crowd. Then did anything with a short wait in Tomorrowland and back to FL. Our FPs were 11:30 (meaning we had until 12:30), 12:30 and 1:30. Had 7DMT been down, we would have been able to stay in FL with our plan.

Worth noting I guess is that 180+10 is Tuesday, 1/15.

No EMMs so far on the Jan calendar yet.

Worth noting I guess is that 180+10 is Tuesday, 1/15.

No EMMs so far on the Jan calendar yet.
That’s interesting. Based on the 2017 and 2018 patterns there should have been an EMM there. I wonder if no EMMs for December and January yet, plus the “freeze” on booking October and November EMMs does mean the prices are being evaluated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter