• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a $10 price increase along with a pretty big format change. The current EMM price hadn’t changed since introduced in 2016. Now it matches the DHS EMM price.

I’m good with this and like the change. Having done EMM probably more times than I should admit, I was getting a bit bored with it as-is.

Sort of wish they’d expand the time... make it 7:30 start or something.... so you can get more time in.

I’d rather eat in Pinocchio Village House than Cosmic Rays, but I’ll live with it. :-)

First reaction, I think I like it.
Me too! I am soooo excited! We have a toddler who can't ride Mine Train but this was still worth it to us. This new and expanded version is even better.

Also interesting to me to see December dates. Good for people that go that time of year that haven’t really had an opportunity to do EMM in the past. Bad for park hours. Every one of those Dec dates is also a MVMCP date.

Well, I think it’s safe to say the breakfast location change certainly implies a larger guest count. ;-)

These attractions and the land can absorb a lot of people, so I think I’ll take comfort in that fact.

That was my first thought when I saw the location change...I've wanted to try this but I haven't gotten it to work yet...

Booked for 12/2! We are staying offsite and only doing MK on short party days, so I hope this helps us maximize our time. I think my kiddo would love 7DMT, but a FP+ seemed unlikely at 30 days and waiting in line for 90 minutes with her would just not be worth it.

This is such great news. Last October was our first EMM and it was a fantastic experience. I have been looking every couple of days hoping that it would be offered in December for our upcoming trip. Between this and the one in Hollywood studios we should be able to get a lot of rides in.

So a $10 price increase along with a pretty big format change. The current EMM price hadn’t changed since introduced in 2016. Now it matches the DHS EMM price.

I’m good with this and like the change. Having done EMM probably more times than I should admit, I was getting a bit bored with it as-is.

Sort of wish they’d expand the time... make it 7:30 start or something.... so you can get more time in.

I’d rather eat in Pinocchio Village House than Cosmic Rays, but I’ll live with it. :-)

First reaction, I think I like it.

Well, I think it’s safe to say the breakfast location change certainly implies a larger guest count. ;-)

These attractions and the land can absorb a lot of people, so I think I’ll take comfort in that fact.

You know what I've thought about this EMM .............

Now I think this has way more value for the money.
Especially if headliner is not rolling until after.

I like the atmosphere at Pinocchio better but I know even on our day
it was too crowded/chaotic since everyone seemed to eat at the end.

Cosmic will give more space in bigger rooms,
and I like what seems to be a slight menu change.

And yup, with capability to easily expand offer,
let the money roll in.

Just booked for Jan 29 but I looked at the info again and it says Peter Pan won’t be available. Is it going down for maintenance? This was a big reason for me booking since my toddler loves it.

Eek. We have done EMM several times and I think this may be a way for wdw to sell more tickets and justify a bigger crowd. I’m afraid this may lead to no more walking on SDMT and not actually increase the value. Just an idea

Just booked for Jan 29 but I looked at the info again and it says Peter Pan won’t be available. Is it going down for maintenance? This was a big reason for me booking since my toddler loves it.

Don’t think it’s on the refurb schedule, but it must be planned. It was already announced when they added Disney After Hours dates that PP would not be available for a couple of the Jan dates.

I guess I’m in the camp that thinks the 7DMT crowd was already getting too big. The last EMM we did (this summer), the line early on was back to the entrance of the cave. It got much better as the event went on, but it chewed into minutes a bit.

The more rides/options for folks, the better in my opinion.

I guess I’m in the camp that thinks the 7DMT crowd was already getting too big. The last EMM we did (this summer), the line early on was back to the entrance of the cave. It got much better as the event went on, but it chewed into minutes a bit.

The more rides/options for folks, the better in my opinion.
Now my next question. Do these typically sell out? If so I think this opens it up for them to sell more tickets to this.

Now my next question. Do these typically sell out? If so I think this opens it up for them to sell more tickets to this.

I guess they do sell out, just checked for 10/07, it is showing no availability. Darn, last weekend before our passes expire.

Is it absolutely insane of me to do EMM at HS on 12/10, EMM at MK on 12/11, and then MVMCP the same night?????? With a 2yo?????
I am in the same boat with a 2yr and 5yr old. I think with good breaks of at least 3-4 hours each afternoon we should be fine. Our kids are early risers (no sleeping later than 7 no matter what it seems) and good nappers, so we figured why sit around the hotel for a long period of time when we could take advantage of these events in the morning.

Mon - Our plan is HS EMM, then mainly do shows the rest of the morning so not a ton of nonstop going, then go back to hotel for lunch and naps/rest around 11:30ish, then back to HS for 5:40 dinner at MM and finally JBJB dessert party. Hopefully back in room and bed by 9:30.

Tue - Our plan is MK EMM, do rides until 11:30, head back to Contemporary for lunch and rest, Head back to MK around 4:00 for a 4:40 dinner reservation and then do the party and probably only stay until after the fireworks.

Worst case for us, kid sleeps in the stroller or we have to send someone back to the room with the 2yr old while others stay during the party.

Someone please reassure us this will work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter