• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for 2 more tickets to May 20, 2018, if anyone sees an opening! I booked 2 tickets already for my husband and I but didn't realize until after the fact that my 2 year old and infant will also need a EMM ticket even though they don't need park admission tickets - or am I wrong (please say I'm wrong so I can stop frantically checking - haha!)?!?

From what I understand no ticket for anything is needed for kids 2 and under. As a test, if you pick a future date that does have EMM availability and go through the checkout process, if you choose a kid under 2, on the checkout screen it doesn't calculate an EMM charge for them. Unless you need a ticket even if its free, but that seems counter-intuitive when they don't require a ticket to even access the park.

EMM is considered a dining reservation. Like any dining reservation, all persons must be counted, regardless of age.

My son was 18 months when we took him last May. I just looked back at my reservation and it is, indeed for 3 guests (me, DH, and DS), but DS was a $0 charge.

I honestly don’t know what they’ll do if you show up without the child on the reservation.

I thought the same when booking but on the "Disney Moms" site run by Disney, someone asked if their 2 year old needed a ticket for EMM when park admission isn't needed, and the reply was, "Since your daughter is 2 and does not require a park ticket, she will also be free for Early Morning Magic, but you'll still add her when you purchase your tickets. It will show her as $0.00 when you check out, so there is no charge for her."

...so I started freaking out frantically searching for more availability once I read this to no avail...

I am guessing there is more flexibility than with dining and I would hope they would be understanding and work something out with you, but I will say in August they did count my one year old and gave him a wrist band.

I am guessing there is more flexibility than with dining and I would hope they would be understanding and work something out with you, but I will say in August they did count my one year old and gave him a wrist band.

Did you have the $0 booking for the 1 yo beforehand, or just for yourself?

After reading some of the comments and recommendations to run over to Big Thunder Mountain for rope drop, I am now wondering if I am wasting that first FP+ at BTMR. I am considering cancelling BTMR FP+ at 925a and going over there for rope drop (means postponing Little Mermaid to another time). We will have a double stroller (1 seat, 1 glider board), grandma in her ECV and granddad (can walk fast), so we can move relatively quick if needed. On the map it just seems like a lot of extra walking from Fantasyland to BTMR, then walk back to EMM Breakfast buffet, then back to Splash for 1025 FP+. Its been over 15 years since I was last there, so I don't have a good mental picture in my mind how the walk is between the 2 places.

So we did this back in August, and we didn't use FP. At RD we bolted over to BTMR where there were some people but it was almost walk on. Then we went to Splash (also without a FP) and there were a bit more people but it was moving right along UNTIL the ride started having issues and delayed us to the point that we didn't get back to the breakfast until 10:15. Had Splash been running normally my guess is that we would have comfortably made it back to breakfast by 9:45/9:50 or so. Then after breakfast we went back to Splash for a second ride using a FP (my kids LOVE Splash). Yes, it involves a bit of back and forth but in can be done if you want to do it and the group is up for the walking.

So we did this back in August, and we didn't use FP. At RD we bolted over to BTMR where there were some people but it was almost walk on. Then we went to Splash (also without a FP) and there were a bit more people but it was moving right along UNTIL the ride started having issues and delayed us to the point that we didn't get back to the breakfast until 10:15. Had Splash been running normally my guess is that we would have comfortably made it back to breakfast by 9:45/9:50 or so. Then after breakfast we went back to Splash for a second ride using a FP (my kids LOVE Splash). Yes, it involves a bit of back and forth but in can be done if you want to do it and the group is up for the walking.
With how reliable Splash is nowadays, I definitely wouldn't do it before EMM breakfast. :rotfl:

Thanks guys! I am using Touring Plans to craft my schedule. I removed the FP+ for both BTMR and Splash and suprisingly their software says almost no wait until about 10am. The walking back and forth is just a bit much for us, and I also didn't realize you can in-and-out at the EMM buffet if the kids need a muffin or something to eat quickly before we sit down.

New plan is to do rides at EMM till about 855a, eat at the EMM bfast buffet somewhat quickly, then head over to FL for BTMR and Splash then pick with with our FP+ at Jungle and FP+ at Pirates mid-morning. I feel good about this plan! Now my only concern is not having a EMM $0 booking for the baby since all EMM on 5/8 are gone. I can't imagine they will care much about this...will continue to watch for spots that open up.

I thought the same when booking but on the "Disney Moms" site run by Disney, someone asked if their 2 year old needed a ticket for EMM when park admission isn't needed, and the reply was, "Since your daughter is 2 and does not require a park ticket, she will also be free for Early Morning Magic, but you'll still add her when you purchase your tickets. It will show her as $0.00 when you check out, so there is no charge for her."

...so I started freaking out frantically searching for more availability once I read this to no avail...

@ElsaSnow : Did you call Disney today? What did they say?

@ElsaSnow : Did you call Disney today? What did they say?

I just called Disney dining customer service, and they said since my children under three are free, they do not require a ticket! Hopefully, I don't run into any issues day of, but theoretically, I shouldn't run into any problems

Thanks guys! I am using Touring Plans to craft my schedule. I removed the FP+ for both BTMR and Splash and suprisingly their software says almost no wait until about 10am. The walking back and forth is just a bit much for us, and I also didn't realize you can in-and-out at the EMM buffet if the kids need a muffin or something to eat quickly before we sit down.

New plan is to do rides at EMM till about 855a, eat at the EMM bfast buffet somewhat quickly, then head over to FL for BTMR and Splash then pick with with our FP+ at Jungle and FP+ at Pirates mid-morning. I feel good about this plan! Now my only concern is not having a EMM $0 booking for the baby since all EMM on 5/8 are gone. I can't imagine they will care much about this...will continue to watch for spots that open up.

In case you didn't see my post above, I called Disney and they said that since children under three are free, they do not require a ticket to EMM. So theoretically, you (and I) shouldn't run into any issues. I am going to EMM on May 20th with a 2 year old and infant plus husband (and only 2 adult tickets to EMM)

My daughter and I attended EMM on 3/4 and had a fantastic time! We checked into POR very early that morning and caught a bus from POR to the MK at 7:05am. It was our first time staying at POR and I was so surprised that it only took us 10 mins to get to MK. We checked in for EMM around 7:30 and were let in right at 7:45. We rode PP first since that is always our first ride at MK. We then rode 7DMT 8 times in a row. We could have ridden it a bit more but we were both done at that point. We didn't try to ride Pooh but took some time to take a few photos and just walk around before heading back over to PP. At that point, the rope drop crowd had arrived so we headed to breakfast. We had gotten up really early that morning and didn't worry to much about beating the rope drop crowd to other rides. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and just took a little time to unwind. Our first FP was at 10:40 so it all worked out great. I'd gladly do it again. Feel free to ask any questions! :)

Going to the one on 9/11!! We tried to do this day (second Tuesday in September) last year but it was cancelled due to Irma. It will be our first time and I know the kids will love it!

My daughter and I attended EMM on 3/4 and had a fantastic time! We checked into POR very early that morning and caught a bus from POR to the MK at 7:05am. It was our first time staying at POR and I was so surprised that it only took us 10 mins to get to MK. We checked in for EMM around 7:30 and were let in right at 7:45. We rode PP first since that is always our first ride at MK. We then rode 7DMT 8 times in a row. We could have ridden it a bit more but we were both done at that point. We didn't try to ride Pooh but took some time to take a few photos and just walk around before heading back over to PP. At that point, the rope drop crowd had arrived so we headed to breakfast. We had gotten up really early that morning and didn't worry to much about beating the rope drop crowd to other rides. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and just took a little time to unwind. Our first FP was at 10:40 so it all worked out great. I'd gladly do it again. Feel free to ask any questions! :)

Thank you for the review! Sounds like you had a great time. :thumbsup2

As a reminder to folks reading along, I link EMM review posts to Post #3 so that reviews are easily accessible and don't get buried deep in the thread. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thunder (9:30 AM)

01-30 (Crowd Level 7): 10 minutes
02-05 (Crowd Level 7): 10 minutes
02-21 (Crowd Level 8): 45 minutes (Space and Splash were both Down During the Morning)
02-22 (Crowd Level 8):
20 minutes (BTMRR Went Down at 1030, Splash was Down all Day)
???* (Crowd Level 4-7):
30 minutes (Space was down until 1030)

Splash (9:30 AM)

02-05 (Crowd Level 7):
10 minutes
02-21 (Crowd Level 8): DOWN
02-22 (Crowd Level 8): DOWN
???* (Crowd Level 4-7): 40 minutes (Space was down until 1030)

*Forgot to name the worksheet. Sometime during the last week of February/First week of March. Crowd levels varied from 4 to 7 during that time.

Touring Plans seems to be correct as long as everything is up and working. If one of the mountains (or worse 2/3) goes down, wait times can spike, but there is really nothing you can do to predict that.

Sad about the missed September 16th one, it had been offered that Sunday the previous 2 years. (Plus, I was hoping to book that day and had been making plans around it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter