MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thing happened last year. First dates turned blue but you could not book and a couple of days later booking opened. So, looks like there will be EMM in October (Tue and Sun) unless Disney is playing really cruel trick with us

The same thing happened last year. First dates turned blue but you could not book and a couple of days later booking opened. So, looks like there will be EMM in October (Tue and Sun) unless Disney is playing really cruel trick with us

I keep reminding myself it might be a mistake and not get my hopes up. :scared:

what calendar shows Special Ticketed Event for EMM?

Also, I did end up calling the reservation line, and they couldn't book me either for Oct 7, said it's not available yet.

Steven

Looks like those October dates are bookable this morning. Surprised to see the Sunday and Tuesday of Columbus weekend are EMMs!

Wow - call me shocked, especially that Columbus Day weekend Sunday.

A tip... if the blue date stops/doesn't do anything when you go to book, right click and click open in a new window.

Happy planning all!

I’m so sad...I got all excited when I saw October dates added for EMM, but there are none the week I’m there (was looking for 10/23). :(

I’m so sad...I got all excited when I saw October dates added for EMM, but there are none the week I’m there (was looking for 10/23). :(
I am also waiting for the 23rd. I think it is too early. It is more than 180 days, so it is impossible to see (unless your arrival day is within 180 days and you are still there on the 23rd). There is a trick to see if "Special Ticketed Event" is in the calendar but for some reason it does not work for me at the moment.

So, I am quite optimistic about the 23rd. I travel to Disney World every year (and always the last week of October) and EMM is always there!

And I got Oct 9th!
Thank you everyone and especially GADisneyDad... This thread was so very helpful!

I can't believe they are offering it on Columbus day week/weekend given the crowds over that time. Also, since it is being offered on Sundays, that means MK won't open up til 9 AM on those days even with closing at 6 for parties. Previous years Sundays opened at 8 AM on Sundays in October on party nights.

We were planning on Oct. 23 and had given up hope but it looks like it now may be offered!!

Maybe crowds are expected to be down this fall given the days offered (wishful thinking I know!).

I can't believe they are offering it on Columbus day week/weekend given the crowds over that time. Also, since it is being offered on Sundays, that means MK won't open up til 9 AM on those days even with closing at 6 for parties.

Yeah, agree with this. I just checked and MK had 8AM openings Friday-Monday for Columbus Day weekend last year. I was there that weekend and I would describe things resort-wide as pretty darn stout!

I believe this is the first “holiday” weekend we’ve seen where they offered EMM.

Very, very interesting.

I am also waiting for the 23rd. I think it is too early. It is more than 180 days, so it is impossible to see (unless your arrival day is within 180 days and you are still there on the 23rd). There is a trick to see if "Special Ticketed Event" is in the calendar but for some reason it does not work for me at the moment.

So, I am quite optimistic about the 23rd. I travel to Disney World every year (and always the last week of October) and EMM is always there!

The trick to see “Special Ticketed Event” does work for me and it isn’t showing for the 23rd, at least right now. But I’ll keep my eyes peeled over the next week, maybe I’ll find a pleasant surprise!

I am also REALLY surprised they are offering it this year during Columbus Day week. I just purchased tickets to October 9th as well.

Has there ever been a situation where they sold tickets & then decided to cancel it later? I have a BOG breakfast that morning that I will obviously release since I am doing this instead, but don't want to release it and then Disney changes their minds and cancels this and opens at 8 a.m. Is that at all a possibility?

I'm also thinking that my Wednesday BOG PPO breakfast at 8:30 will, in fact, truly be a PPO. I booked it thinking "I'll cancel it because MK will change hours and open at 8 a.m. that day". Now I'm thinking they won't change opening times.

I just booked a dummy reservation so I could see +10, 10/21 and 10/23 both look like EMM dates.

Yeah!! We were planning on the 10/23 EMM date but I thought it was a lost cause. I am somewhat disappointed that 10/21, however, won't be an 8 AM open from the looks of it as we were planning on that extra hour on Sunday.
We were also hoping Friday 10/26 would move to 8 AM open and EMH at 7 AM but maybe that won't change either.

I wonder if they decided party dates are relatively uncrowded that 9 AM openings are fine. Perhaps non party dates will move to 8 AM opens given the crush of crowds on those days?

Still can't get over them offering this on Columbus day week with how the crowds have looked the last couple of years, although again maybe party dates are light enough.

This morning I was able to get 4 tickets for 5/13. I am staying at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista and I know their shuttles won't run early enough for me. Does anyone know the best way for me to get to MK that early? I believe Uber only takes us to TTC and they won't be running yet. Could we Uber to an on property resort and take the bus? Which resort and what time would you leave our hotel? This is our first trip and I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the transportation options. Thanks for any help.

This morning I was able to get 4 tickets for 5/13. I am staying at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista and I know their shuttles won't run early enough for me. Does anyone know the best way for me to get to MK that early? I believe Uber only takes us to TTC and they won't be running yet. Could we Uber to an on property resort and take the bus? Which resort and what time would you leave our hotel? This is our first trip and I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the transportation options. Thanks for any help.

You can take Uber/Lyft/Taxi to MK, but you are right, they will drop you off at the TTC. The Ferry and/or monorail will (under normal circumstances) be running, buses would be provided if not.

However, I’d set CR as your Uber/Lyft/Taxi destination and just walk from there to the MK. Easier than messing with the TTC.

Have fun!

You can take Uber/Lyft/Taxi to MK, but you are right, they will drop you off at the TTC. The Ferry and/or monorail will (under normal circumstances) be running, buses would be provided if not.

However, I’d set CR as your Uber/Lyft/Taxi destination and just walk from there to the MK. Easier than messing with the TTC.

Have fun!
Thank you! Would leaving our hotel at 6:30 give us plenty of time to get to MK by 7:30?

I am also REALLY surprised they are offering it this year during Columbus Day week. I just purchased tickets to October 9th as well.

Has there ever been a situation where they sold tickets & then decided to cancel it later? I have a BOG breakfast that morning that I will obviously release since I am doing this instead, but don't want to release it and then Disney changes their minds and cancels this and opens at 8 a.m. Is that at all a possibility?

I'm also thinking that my Wednesday BOG PPO breakfast at 8:30 will, in fact, truly be a PPO. I booked it thinking "I'll cancel it because MK will change hours and open at 8 a.m. that day". Now I'm thinking they won't change opening times.

I'll be there at EMM on 10/9 too and cancelled my PPO BOG for that day. If for some strange reason they cancelled EMM and moved opening forward to 8am (I do not see this happening), than the PPO reservation would be useless anyway. I'm very curious to see if, when, and how hours will be adjusted on the now non-EMM days that week. I too have other BOG PPO's booked that week, and I'm now a lot more hopeful that they will stay PPO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter