MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I think the "non-refundable" language is basically about like if you don't show up or don't enjoy the event or anything like that, they aren't required to offer you a refund. Now, that doesn't mean they absolutely won't, but it would depend on your circumstances.

I was worried about check in too! We didn’t get there till 7:30, and I’d heard that the check in took a long time. But it wasn’t bad at all. We waited around a while before being let into the park.

There were several CMs checking people in. At least 3 if not 4. It took a whole lot longer to go thru the security checkpoint than it did to check in. At that point EMM and PPO dining reservations checked in at the same place. Then they pointed us to the left to the CMs with the wrist bands. No lines for wristbands. There wasn’t any sort of rope, you probably could’ve walked right over with just an ADR. Maybe not? There were quite a few wristband CMs, and they weren’t very busy. I imagine someone could be watching to see which way we were pointed towards.

Once we got to the hub we went to the right of the castle. I knew I wanted to do PP first, so instead of going all the way to the teacups we took the pathway by where Merida meets. Once we came out behind the castle there were all the PPO ADR people coming from the other direction. It felt really crowded, but once we got past the carousel it was pretty empty and we walked right onto PP.
Thanks for your reply! It sounds like my experience two weeks ago was abnormal, which I’d kind of suspected, but it’s helpful to have some clarification of how things really happen! Someone else recently mentioned how easy it would be for regular dining reservations to walk right over and get a wristband. I’d thought possibly my experience was Disney trying to do something about that, but it sounds like unfortunately that wasn’t the case (it was just chaotic the morning I was there for no reason!). Thanks for telling me more about your experience getting into the park!

I was just reading on the website for “Know before you go” and it states that “All reservations are non-refundable...” does anyone have confirmation that you can cancel and get a refund? I had heard it was a one day cancellation period. I want to make sure I can cancel if something comes up.
Not sure why it says that. I recently cancelled a Tuesday in July and rebooked for Sunday. My credit card statement shows that I received a full refund for the cancelled Sunday.

I read the terms carefully during the check out process and it said 1 day cancellation. Also, in MDE, there is the option to cancel online. I have no clue why they say non refundable in the description.

Edited to add: The cancellation policy is in my email also. 1 day. They are, for some reason, booking this as a dining reservation. The DAH's are not refundable, but EMM is.
Awesome thank you!

We are planning to go Oct 5 - 11. We are wanting to do MNSSHP on the 8th. History says that the 8th will also be EMM. I'm torn trying to decide if we need to do EMM and MNSSHP. Considering we'll be there for so many days. Does anyone think it's worth doing both?

We are planning to go Oct 5 - 11. We are wanting to do MNSSHP on the 8th. History says that the 8th will also be EMM. I'm torn trying to decide if we need to do EMM and MNSSHP. Considering we'll be there for so many days. Does anyone think it's worth doing both?

Anything after 9-1 is a big :confused3 right now. Im hoping that we get solid, and bookable, fall dates soon.

We are 100% planning on doing both if EMM opens up for our late September trip. The activities included in each dont really overlap in my mind.

It's worth doing both, but I wouldn't want to try to do both in the same day. I'd hate to not get my money's worth out of one event because of the other event, kwim? We were able to do 2 EMM's and 1 MVMCP during our post-Thanksgiving trip in 2016 and loved all 3 events! However, we did EMM on 2 Sundays and MVMCP on a Thursday. It would have been too much for us to be up early enough for EMM and stay up late enough for MVMCP on the same day.

It's worth doing both, but I wouldn't want to try to do both in the same day. I'd hate to not get my money's worth out of one event because of the other event, kwim? We were able to do 2 EMM's and 1 MVMCP during our post-Thanksgiving trip in 2016 and loved all 3 events! However, we did EMM on 2 Sundays and MVMCP on a Thursday. It would have been too much for us to be up early enough for EMM and stay up late enough for MVMCP on the same day.

Iowamomof4 said everything I was going to say. :-) In 2016, we did both EMMs and a Christmas party, and you definitely want to separate those. Our 2.5yo spent lots of time napping in the stroller any day we did EMM or a PPO meal, and was definitely not up for a late night.
I'm really excited to learn about the new MK EMM! More rides sounds great, so you really can knock out Fantasyland with ease and comfort.

We are waiting as well for 10/2! Fingers crossed they release soon.

Could you do MNSSHP on 10/10? Would that help?

We did EMM and MVMCP on the same day last year. It was fine- we left the park from about 2-6. Our only other option (if we wanted to do both) was to do the Christmas party the night before EMM, which would have made even less sense!

Ideally it would be better to do them on separate days, but Alison S also makes a good point. If you have to do them on the same day, take an afternoon break. That way everyone can feel rested before a long night. Also it is possible that an EMM might be offered on Sunday, October 6. Who knows with Disney, but you might get lucky!

The other thing to consider is whether you actually need an EMM, since you'll be there a week. Right now I have 1 booked for MK and 1 for HS, but I may drop them if we've already done everything or need the sleep more. So you could book it when it becomes available, but cancel it if you feel like your family has accomplished everything you wanted to do.

Has Disney stopped selling a month and not listed the next before?

The 24 September is still in my MDE but I’m starting to get suspicious that both EMMs may be cancelled. Replaced by new a new upcharge option maybe?

Not so much an upcharge event, but the worry is park hours will be dropped to 8am to help absorb the GE crowds that will be ruining all of our September fun (kidding!?). And with 8am park open they wont have EMM.

Im curious when you were able to book. Thats the day we want and we were never able to get it.

With all of the stress surrounding the unknowns for our September trip, we decided to cancel altogether. I popped on this thread to share that after I cancelled my September MK EMM reservation for four, I went right on to see if those spots showed up as available, and they did not.
Good luck to those of you still hoping to attend the event in Sept./Oct. and beyond! :)

With all of the stress surrounding the unknowns for our September trip, we decided to cancel altogether. I popped on this thread to share that after I cancelled my September MK EMM reservation for four, I went right on to see if those spots showed up as available, and they did not.
Good luck to those of you still hoping to attend the event in Sept./Oct. and beyond! :)

I’m sorry to hear that! Hopefully the chaos will calm down soon. :)

Now that they have listed the September hours and nothing looks any different from the normal hours do you think that they might open up the EMM again? Do they ever add dates for EMM? Currently they have Sunday 9/15 not listed do you think that they will open it up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter