Hello fellow disboarders! I snagged a reservation for a party of 1 for the HEA fireworks dessert party with plaza garden viewing on 12/4. I was ecstatic since it's the only night for those fireworks that week. After 2 hours on hold, I was unable to add my husband to my reservation, even though I have a single table to myself. It doesn't seem to make sense that he can't be added when a single table is just as big as a double table. They said it's by person though and I can check when I get to the park. Am I completely out of luck? Is there anyone else I can talk to before I get there to get some firm answers? I'm worried if I can't add him once I'm there and I'm outside the 5 day cancellation window, I will have to eat the cost. Any tips or previous experiences are greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Certainly makes the evening special! Any thoughts on EMH night vs regular night? It obviously would cut into ride time, but if we are doing an after-hours another night, maybe that won't matter. I also debated the before party, but I think my DH would enjoy the party more with a beer. lol!
We did it on a regular night, no EMH but it was still crowded, it was a Saturday. We had dinner and snuck in a few rides and shopping before hand. We also scoped our spot out and I waited in the garden area while my husband and kids did some Main Street shopping.

Hello fellow disboarders! I snagged a reservation for a party of 1 for the HEA fireworks dessert party with plaza garden viewing on 12/4. I was ecstatic since it's the only night for those fireworks that week. After 2 hours on hold, I was unable to add my husband to my reservation, even though I have a single table to myself. It doesn't seem to make sense that he can't be added when a single table is just as big as a double table. They said it's by person though and I can check when I get to the park. Am I completely out of luck? Is there anyone else I can talk to before I get there to get some firm answers? I'm worried if I can't add him once I'm there and I'm outside the 5 day cancellation window, I will have to eat the cost. Any tips or previous experiences are greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
I would keep checking for another single until and up to your cancellation day - people might cancel day of and I think it's any time that day. Then cancel if you get nothing, people will be less likely to cancel inside the window I'd guess.

How does WDW release dates for the dessert party? Our ADR's were open today for May 2020 but the only date available for the dessert party was through May 17 and we are looking for May 21 or May 22.

How does WDW release dates for the dessert party? Our ADR's were open today for May 2020 but the only date available for the dessert party was through May 17 and we are looking for May 21 or May 22.
I looked at it, likely just not available yet, I would just keep checking back.

Dates seem to be released in “chunks” lately - a few months at a time - and rarely by the 180 mark. Just keep checking back.

I’m looking for a little help. I’ve booked the “after fireworks dessert party with plaza viewing”. My question is how does the timing of all this work. My reservation says 8pm, HEA says 9pm and Once upon a time says 9:45. Does the dessert party start after once upon a time? Or after the fireworks portion?

I’m looking for a little help. I’ve booked the “after fireworks dessert party with plaza viewing”. My question is how does the timing of all this work. My reservation says 8pm, HEA says 9pm and Once upon a time says 9:45. Does the dessert party start after once upon a time? Or after the fireworks portion?

The party portion of the after fireworks starts after the fireworks. So you check-in at 8. They will take you to the viewing area (shared with the HEA Plaza Garden Party). This means you get first dibs on the viewing. Around 8:30/8:45 the Plaza Garden Party would shuffle into the viewing area. You all get to watch the fireworks. The After Party then goes back to TT for dessert.

When my dad and I went, they did say that we could stay and watch the OUAT show then go back. We had seen it before, so opted to just return and eat our desserts. We are fast eaters though and as such we were able to see OUAT as well.

Ok. I wasn’t sure if you could stay and watch OUAT then go back for the dessert party or not. We want to watch both and I wasn’t sure if this was a conflict with the dessert party or not

We did it earlier this month and timing was the same as your night. We checked in at 8:15 and were at the viewing area a few minutes afterward.(No line, but apparently there can be one.) HEA ended by 9:20, IIRC. We checked in at the dessert party and asked about OUAT. They told us that as long as we kept our wristbands on we could exit to watch and then return to the party. In the end we made our 2nd trip to the buffet by 9:35, so we were done and left (with our last few snacks in hand) just in time for OUAT. We were 2 adults; we probably would have had to come back if we'd had our kids with us.

Curious as to those that have gone to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party @ MK - was there as an option the "ooey gooey dessert"? If so and you had it, and have had the dessert at Liberty Tree, is it the same? I was really looking forward to that one dessert and it was a let down and wondering if its the same thing they serve at Liberty Tree.

Curious as to those that have gone to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party @ MK - was there as an option the "ooey gooey dessert"? If so and you had it, and have had the dessert at Liberty Tree, is it the same? I was really looking forward to that one dessert and it was a let down and wondering if its the same thing they serve at Liberty Tree.
I think it’s similar, but it’s WAY better at LTT.

I think it’s similar, but it’s WAY better at LTT.
Agreed. We did LTT for dinner and the dessert party that same night and it was definitely better at LTT!! But yes, it’s very similar if you need an ooey gooey fix!!

Agreed. We did LTT for dinner and the dessert party that same night and it was definitely better at LTT!! But yes, it’s very similar if you need an ooey gooey fix!!
I've got a dessert party reservation in a couple of weeks (first time), and speaking of ooey gooey, I'm slightly concerned that all the sweets on that buffet are gonna keep me awake all night!:crazy2:

I've got a dessert party reservation in a couple of weeks (first time), and speaking of ooey gooey, I'm slightly concerned that all the sweets on that buffet are gonna keep me awake all night!:crazy2:

We felt terrible after ours (After Fireworks for 9PM HEA) but it was worth it! It did ruin our plans of staying through the midnight EMH but it was such a fun memory that we didn't care. We moaned and groaned all the way back to the resort though. :rotfl:

If you don't stuff your face, don't eat a big dinner before and mix in some savory you should be ok. We did the party in Jan and felt it well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter