• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!!! MK view from the CR when CIndy's castle is in refurb?

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
I just read over on theme parks thread that Cinderella's castle will be undergoing refurb between January and March. Of course, I have been saving forever for an MK view from the CR and now I'm wondering if I should change resorts...only one day left with the 4/3 deal.

Have you ever stayed MK view from the CR while castle was being refurbed? Can you still see castle lights changing color somehow? WOuld it still be worth staying there if the castle is covered/boarded up? What a disaster! :sad1:

I just read over on theme parks thread that Cinderella's castle will be undergoing refurb between January and March. Of course, I have been saving forever for an MK view from the CR and now I'm wondering if I should change resorts...only one day left with the 4/3 deal.

Have you ever stayed MK view from the CR while castle was being refurbed? Can you still see castle lights changing color somehow? WOuld it still be worth staying there if the castle is covered/boarded up? What a disaster! :sad1:

I don't know exactly how extensive the wall/scrim will be, but if this is a "once in a lifetime" deal I'd probably change resorts. It sounds like this may be something that bugs you the whole trip, which would be a shame.

I don't know exactly how extensive the wall/scrim will be, but if this is a "once in a lifetime" deal I'd probably change resorts. It sounds like this may be something that bugs you the whole trip, which would be a shame.

Yes, it would absolutely kill me! I have dreamed about watching the castle change colors from my bed at night, and waking up to the castle every morning...but if I'm paying all this money for an MK view, and all I see is cranes, walls and scrims, I will regret saving all year for a view that doesn't exist. First Splash mountain, now this. And this is Peak Season too...I wonder why they charge people peak rates when they're doing all these rehabs? :confused3

I have been wondering the same thing all day. I don't see how they can charge all that money for a castle view and then block your view of the castle.:sad2: We probably won't be at a monorail resort until early April of our trip, and even I am concerned... I don't blame you for thinking about changing your plans...:sad2:

I have been wondering the same thing all day. I don't see how they can charge all that money for a castle view and then block your view of the castle.:sad2: We probably won't be at a monorail resort until early April of our trip, and even I am concerned... I don't blame you for thinking about changing your plans...:sad2:

I wish I'd found out about this earlier in the day...I don't think my travel agent is available on Sundays, and the 4/3 deal ends tomorrow. I can't even downgrade at the CR because there is nothing cheaper than MK view available! If I can reach my TA, I think I'll go back to the Poly and stay GV. That way, we can still enjoy the resort for less, take in all the beauty, and still see the EWP and fireworks without being too much affected by the disappearance of the castle. Cross your fingers that I can reach my TA in the morning!

Yes, it would absolutely kill me! I have dreamed about watching the castle change colors from my bed at night, and waking up to the castle every morning...but if I'm paying all this money for an MK view, and all I see is cranes, walls and scrims, I will regret saving all year for a view that doesn't exist. First Splash mountain, now this. And this is Peak Season too...I wonder why they charge people peak rates when they're doing all these rehabs? :confused3

:confused: I'll be there in January (MLK weekend), which is not technically peak season. Having been four times in January I'm conditioned to expect refurbs that time of year. I'm hoping all the buzz about Epcot attractions closing in 2010 too doesn't pan out until later.

I hope you have the greatest trip ever no matter where you wind up. :wizard: Don't let those refurbs get you down too much. :hug:

I was wondering the same thing, will the castle still change colors? I was looking forward to watching it from the beach at Poly. We have a GV room. Now I'm glad I didn't get the MK view! I've been several times in Jan, and the castle has never been closed or blocked for renos. Guess it's bound to happen sometime to keep it up. Well, I'll still be able to watch the fireworks from the beach.

:confused: I'll be there in January (MLK weekend), which is not technically peak season. Having been four times in January I'm conditioned to expect refurbs that time of year. I'm hoping all the buzz about Epcot attractions closing in 2010 too doesn't pan out until later.

I hope you have the greatest trip ever no matter where you wind up. :wizard: Don't let those refurbs get you down too much. :hug:

Thanks for the kind words! :flower3: We will have a great time no matter what :) I checked the rate schedule, and peak season runs from Feb 12-March 27. I wouldn't expect them to do a big rehab during this time, but I guess it could happen anytime...

I am going in January as well. Just curious what the buzz is about Epcot attractions??

How much of the castle will be blocked? I was there in Oct. when they were working on the back of the castle and if thats as high as the walls are going to be in the front then I wouldn't think it would block your view from the CR.

How much of the castle will be blocked? I was there in Oct. when they were working on the back of the castle and if thats as high as the walls are going to be in the front then I wouldn't think it would block your view from the CR.

This is what I am wondering myself. From what I've seen, if it is as high as it was in Oct, then I don't think we'll notice from the CR. There is little info posted on this, and it is not on allears yet on their refurb list. I will just have to wait and see until someone there can report back while it is happening!

I'm in the same situation, staying at CR tower with MK view during the castle refurb. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me only because of the 4/3 deal. My worry is if I change to a different resort, and the castle refurb is not even noticable from the CR tower, I'll be kicking myself for changing. But if I can't see those castle spires poking along the horizong from my room in the CR tower, I'll be very devestated about all that money we saved for our dream room.

I'm in the same situation, staying at CR tower with MK view during the castle refurb. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me only because of the 4/3 deal. My worry is if I change to a different resort, and the castle refurb is not even noticable from the CR tower, I'll be kicking myself for changing. But if I can't see those castle spires poking along the horizong from my room in the CR tower, I'll be very devestated about all that money we saved for our dream room.

My travel agent works for Small World Vacations which handles only Disney vacations, and she has been searching for three days and not one person has mentioned this castle rehab...maybe it is just a rumor? I am totally torn. She said it would be taking a risk. I'm thinking of switching to Poly garden view, where I know we'd be happy, but I'm just like you...what if the refurb doesn't happen or isnt' that bad? Then I'd kick myself for making the change! How many days til you leave?

Why don't you call reservations and see if they can give you any information about the rehab? Maybe they can shed some light on what might happen??

A few years ago when they had that huge crain behind the castle my family and I had the Magic Kingdom View, so that's the best answer I can give. Although if it helps I didn't really notice much of it.

A few years ago when they had that huge crain behind the castle my family and I had the Magic Kingdom View, so that's the best answer I can give. Although if it helps I didn't really notice much of it.

That helps a whole lot! That's what I was hoping was that from the CR it would be so far away that all I would see is the crane (which I could live with). So you could still see the whole castle and the colors still changed at night? That's what I am looking most forward to is sitting in bed in my odd-numbered room watching the castle lights change...:lovestruc

That helps a whole lot! That's what I was hoping was that from the CR it would be so far away that all I would see is the crane (which I could live with). So you could still see the whole castle and the colors still changed at night? That's what I am looking most forward to is sitting in bed in my odd-numbered room watching the castle lights change...:lovestruc
Well during that time yes you could see the castle change colors at night, however who knows what will happen during this next set of renovations.

Well during that time yes you could see the castle change colors at night, however who knows what will happen during this next set of renovations.

This is what I'm afraid of. :confused: I"ve been saving so long for this MK view, and have no idea what to expect and I'd hate to open my shades to see no castle at night...that's what I'm paying for. I could see the fireworks from the Poly beach and save $400 with a garden view. It's definitely a risk. I'm really not sure what to do, especially because right now the only place I saw this was WDWMagic and no CMS or my travel agent have any info. It's either really minor, or they're not talking about it because it will be something major...I'm trying to weigh in my mind how much it would bother me if I looked out at night and could not see the castle. That view is what sold me on trying the CR...in your humble opinion, what would you do?

Last January the crane was there to pull down the netting that holds the lights on the castle.

The crane also returns in the fall to put those lights back up.

Castle was painted about two years ago, and I can not find anything about a major refurb for 2010. Anyone have a link?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter