• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!!! MK view from the CR when CIndy's castle is in refurb?

This is what I'm afraid of. :confused: I"ve been saving so long for this MK view, and have no idea what to expect and I'd hate to open my shades to see no castle at night...that's what I'm paying for. I could see the fireworks from the Poly beach and save $400 with a garden view. It's definitely a risk. I'm really not sure what to do, especially because right now the only place I saw this was WDWMagic and no CMS or my travel agent have any info. It's either really minor, or they're not talking about it because it will be something major...I'm trying to weigh in my mind how much it would bother me if I looked out at night and could not see the castle. That view is what sold me on trying the CR...in your humble opinion, what would you do?
Personally I would stick with the Magic Kingdom View because it means your still staying at the Contemporary and in my opinion their view is the best one of the Monorail Resorts since you see a lot more of the park then just Cinderella's Castle. That's why always said they have the only true Magic Kingdom View of the Monorail Resorts, because the Magic Kingdom View rooms at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian are just of the castle and cost more per night then the Contemporary view.

Last January the crane was there to pull down the netting that holds the lights on the castle.

The crane also returns in the fall to put those lights back up.

Castle was painted about two years ago, and I can not find anything about a major refurb for 2010. Anyone have a link?

Here's the current thread on the theme park/attractions site. THere's a couple of links and much speculation on what will happen:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2352733

lissiesmum,

I don't blame you at all for being worried. If you expect a perfect MK view, and pay for it, then it will feel like a big letdown if there are big walls blocking the castle...:sad2: Hopefully we'll be able to find out soon if it's only a rumor or something they have planned.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter