Changed flights - arriving saturday morning now.
Waiting on travel agent to add 1 night at hotel and 1 more park day to passes.

Will update sunday fast passes once it goes through.....more time to eat at epcot.......

I wouldn't be flying in on Saturday or Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday maybe but would prefer to wait until the storm rolls by. Too many variables. I'd be surprised if your flight doesn't get delayed or even cancelled.

I can't believe we did this...but we changed our trip to fly in on Thursday - as in 36 hrs from the time we booked (24 hrs from now)! Trying to finish up work things (but will probably end up bring laptops with us to work on plane/hotel on Friday morning), but of course I need to check the Dis! So we will be doing 11 days in Orlando!

I can't believe we did this...but we changed our trip to fly in on Thursday - as in 36 hrs from the time we booked (24 hrs from now)! Trying to finish up work things (but will probably end up bring laptops with us to work on plane/hotel on Friday morning), but of course I need to check the Dis! So we will be doing 11 days in Orlando!

Please keep us informed and stay safe!

I got an email back from Disney regarding the food, basically ask the CM's at the carts about snacks. Last time I asked back in 2011 the poor girl did have a clue.
When I asked about the treats for Halloween they gave me the ToT locations....yeah that's not what I was asking. Oh well, I asked McDonalds about their French menu - the UK ones have a vegetarian menu and wanted to know if it was the same there. They linked me to the French site...I can't read French and from what I could see it doesn't answer my questions anyway. :sad2:

Upside I had my appointment today, I should be good for Disney, just need to go back next week. She said my whole left side is tense, including my foot. :lmao:

My parcel got picked up! Had to call, apparently the knocked at 2pm yesterday, they didn't.

Still got a cold :sick: I didn't get much done today so I shall hopefully have something to share tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yup. That's what I was told via chat. Over the phone they offered me no options at all. I was very polite with them and tried to be brief because I'm sure I'm not their first call like that today. Unfriendly and snarky was the best way to describe the one I talked to. What I don't understand is why in the world they want me to go to guest services at the Magic Kingdom. If I take the hour and a half to drive all the way there, wait in the hour long line and then get exactly the same response I'm going to be a level of livid I've never reached before in my life. I simply cannot see how that is a good idea.

I guess this is what really bugs me. I never send food back. I don't return things. I've never, ever talked to guest services before except for when there have been brief mix-ups with my pass, usually their fault. I've never asked them for anything. I've never complained, not when the cakes I order show up looking like they've been dropped, not when I wait in a line for an hour and the ride breaks down and they don't even give me a fastpass for a different attraction. We've had annual passes for almost 5 years now. We've stayed at their hotels. No matter how much they goof or things happen I haven't asked them for anything before. They treated me like a Walmart customer service associate would treat someone trying to return something for the 10th time that year without a receipt. (Basically, you can return things three times in a year without a receipt, after that you're basically labeled a thief.)

I really understand your frustation ; however it is not rudeness just because you do not get the answer you wanted! In hindsight, your best option would have been wait in the guest services line that was " too long" , they would have proabably been more whiling to grant some type of compensation.

I really understand your frustation ; however it is not rudeness just because you do not get the answer you wanted! In hindsight, your best option would have been wait in the guest services line that was " too long" , they would have proabably been more whiling to grant some type of compensation.

That's neither here nor there. @JenniferinFL already stated the line at Guest Services were very long. We're trying to extend help going forward. ;)

News

Blizzard Beach will be closed Friday, Sept 8th and Saturday, Sept 9th.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/amp/attract...ay-and-saturday-due-to-forecasted-weather.htm

The Aerophile balloon in Disney Springs will also be closed so it can deflate and be grounded.
The flags on Cinderella castle have been tied down ahead of Hurricane Irma.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/06/disney-world-hurricane-irma-need-know/

WDW website now has Hurricane Irma "CHAT" available:

upload_2017-9-6_20-41-57.png

The DIS Boards has a dedicated Hurricane Irma thread some have cancelled their trips others are waiting. Some have posted awesome links to help keep you informed.
Link: Hurricane Irma?

DIS Boards Cancelling/rescheduling a trip thread due to Hurricane Irma:
Irma, Results for Canceling/Rescheduling ONLY (no debate or if you should or shouldn't)

Last edited:
We're out. Trying to find dates to reschedule that would still allow us to do the party but so far everything would be more than 1000$ extra and I just can't make that work.

Hoping we can sneak into an opening in November, but for now just going to have to cancel outright.

Unfollowing this thread because every update makes me cry, but thank y'all for the fun and learning experience! I hope everyone that gets to go has a great time.

upload_2017-8-25_1-41-59-png.264405

Can someone remind which shirts are which? I know the grey is (unfortunately for me) the AP shirt. Is the orange shirt for adults? Which is the kids' shirt? Is that purple shirt a normal tshirt, because it looks like it is cut funny?

Finally - can you buy these starting at 4:00 if you have your wristband? I am debating buying the shirts below from the Disney store, but I'm afraid I'm going to want an official MNSSHP shirt too and I'm not sure I need both. So, if I could buy the MNSSHP shirt starting at 4:00, I could change into it before the official party starts and not buy these shirts from the Disney store. I wonder how easy it is to find XL and XXL in the MNSSHP shirts. Since we are no longer Disney bounding, I want to have Halloween themed shirts at least and don't want to lose out if we can't find something in the park. Plus, I'm not sure my hubby would even be willing to change shirts in the park so if I don't buy him a shirt before we go, he might not even change clothes.

upload_2017-9-7_9-22-0.png

Can someone remind which shirts are which? I know the grey is (unfortunately for me) the AP shirt. Is the orange shirt for adults? Which is the kids' shirt? Is that purple shirt a normal tshirt, because it looks like it is cut funny?

Finally - can you buy these starting at 4:00 if you have your wristband? I am debating buying the shirts below from the Disney store, but I'm afraid I'm going to want an official MNSSHP shirt too and I'm not sure I need both. So, if I could buy the MNSSHP shirt starting at 4:00, I could change into it before the official party starts and not buy these shirts from the Disney store. I wonder how easy it is to find XL and XXL in the MNSSHP shirts. Since we are no longer Disney bounding, I want to have Halloween themed shirts at least and don't want to lose out if we can't find something in the park. Plus, I'm not sure my hubby would even be willing to change shirts in the park so if I don't buy him a shirt before we go, he might not even change clothes.

View attachment 267723

I think the purple is a "ladies" cut style judging by the scoop neck.

I think the purple is a "ladies" cut style judging by the scoop neck.

That's what I was wondering. It's a shame, because I love purple, but I honestly prefer just a normal unisex tshirt to ladies cuts. Often the torso in a ladies shirt is too short for me. I don't need my belly showing when it's hanging over my pants, lol! That gray shirt is by far my favorite. Wish it wasn't just for AP holders.

View attachment 267723

Orange is adults, I believe unisex. Green is kids and purple is women's style/cut/whatever you want to call it.
IIRC, you can start purchasing party merch at 4pm with a wristband. I remember seeing picture of carts with these shirts at one of the first parties.

That's what I was wondering. It's a shame, because I love purple, but I honestly prefer just a normal unisex tshirt to ladies cuts. Often the torso in a ladies shirt is too short for me. I don't need my belly showing when it's hanging over my pants, lol! That gray shirt is by far my favorite. Wish it wasn't just for AP holders.

I like the grey the best too. We don't have APs either so definitely a bummer. I'll have to see the others in person and decide if I want one. My daughter's current favorite color is green though so I'm hoping to snag her one of the kids shirts at least, I'm very short and can fit in large/extra large in youth sizes so maybe we'll end up matching!

Thanks, everyone! I'm thinking I may go ahead and order the Minnie/Mickey icon shirts from the Disney store. If I decide I want a MNSSHP shirt then I'll get that too, but my DH will probably refuse to change once we're at the party. My DD isn't a big fan of green, so I'm not sure she will want that one. She will be dressed up as Belle anyway. Then I have no clue what stepD will wear.

Thanks, everyone! I'm thinking I may go ahead and order the Minnie/Mickey icon shirts from the Disney store. If I decide I want a MNSSHP shirt then I'll get that too, but my DH will probably refuse to change once we're at the party. My DD isn't a big fan of green, so I'm not sure she will want that one. She will be dressed up as Belle anyway. Then I have no clue what stepD will wear.
We ordered the Disney store ones and they are super cute, if it's any consolation!

We ordered the Disney store ones and they are super cute, if it's any consolation!

Thanks! How was the fit on the women's tee - if you got one of those. I wear an XL in unisex and sometimes a 2XL in women's cut, but if it is cut particularly small, then a 2XL in women's won't work.

Thanks! How was the fit on the women's tee - if you got one of those. I wear an XL in unisex and sometimes a 2XL in women's cut, but if it is cut particularly small, then a 2XL in women's won't work.
It's big. I usually wear a M but ordered a L because I hate when fitted tees "hug" too much - and it's almost too big.

It's big. I usually wear a M but ordered a L because I hate when fitted tees "hug" too much - and it's almost too big.

Thanks. So maybe I should stick with the XL then. Is it long enough to cover my belly, lol? Sometimes I have an issue if the waistband of my pants rolls down, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter