This is my go to site for weather. Sad to say it doesn't look good. Only the 12th does at this time.
Give it a few more days.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0372:1:US
I'm now a little worried our party (the 12th) will be much more crowded! Well, really I'm most worried my flight on Saturday could be cancelled-so I'm monitoring the airline sites and if they offer a no change fee waiver to fly out on Friday I may head to Florida a day early!

I haven't been on here since Friday afternoon. During Friday's (9/1) party, were the water taxis and ferry still running or did they shut down for a period? I'm trying to avoid the monorail and just trying to see how severe the weather has to be for them to stop the ferry.

Ugh

So I'm almost done with costumes, my little side projects are almost done and all the birthday arrangements for family members in September are done. Now I can go back to Disney planning, I emailed Disney over a few questions about snack related food being vegetarian and it was saying it didn't send but I just got their automated email so I bet they got my email about 20 times :oops: :badpc:

Keeping an eye on Irma but Tropical Storm Jose is of interest too seeing as he's tailing behind hopefully he will stay in the sea although not great for my work college who goes on a cruise just before I get to Orlando. :worried:

I have my appointment about my back tomorrow, I have two parcels that were supposed to be collected by a courier on Monday still sitting in my hall (Tuesday night) so I need to sort that, one was a birthday gift to a 2 year old so not impressed. I got my Universal ticket. I also got a massive head cold so yeah hitting the low point before my trip, back at work Thursday so this is going to be fun. :sick:

WARNING - TSA

It's being reported by fellow DISers: disneyAndi14, HHMcG and JayLeeJay

TSA was asking everyone in line to remove candy, snacks, books, magazines, and iPads, these were all be inspected separately not even going through the X-ray machine. I fly a lot and this was totally new to me!

Good to know! We'll still have almost a week left of our vacation after our mnsshp night though, so I'm sure there won't be much candy left to bring home anyway :laughing:

Are there any M&G that would not be effected by weather besides Mickey on Main St?

I specifically asked on the Official MNSSHP thread "Where do the outdoor character's go to meet during inclement weather?" I am still waiting. I would like specifics. Where does Minnie & the Ducks go? There was a photo posted on twitter that Anastasia & Drizella went into Mickey's Philharmagic, but is that their "Plan B"? What about the others?

Sorry buddy, I just don't know.

I specifically asked on the Official MNSSHP thread "Where do the outdoor character's go to meet during inclement weather?" I am still waiting. I would like specifics. Where does Minnie & the Ducks go? There was a photo posted on twitter that Anastasia & Drizella went into Mickey's Philharmagic, but is that their "Plan B"? What about the others?

upload_2017-9-5_20-20-52.png

When i was there during a long rainstorm they simply ended sets and went inside. During the hurriane last year when they told people not to leave thier hotels they had some dressed up keeping attn of people in the dvcs. I think there no set in stone what they would do.

NEWS

The Lunching Pad at the Magic Kingdom has been added to Mobile Order today with Aloha Isle also set to be joining the service tomorrow!

Mobile Order is currently available at The Lunching Pad, Harambe Market, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, PizzeRizzo, Liberty Inn, Electric Umbrella, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café, Pinocchio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Tomorrowland Terrace, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu'li Canteen and D-Luxe Burger.

Only credit card payments will initially be accepted

Hurricane Irma Updates:

Walt Disney World Resort Hurricane Cancellation and Rescheduling phone number:
(407) 939-7675

Walt Disney World Hurricane Policy:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/hurricane-policy/

I'm also including a link to a well written post from a WDW guest who experienced Hurricane Mathew in 2016.
http://www.onezumiverse.com/2016/10...hour-waits-for-food-complete-disorganization/

Southwest Airlines has just announced that passengers may reschedule flights into most Florida airports without incurring a penalty from Tuesday, September 5 through Monday, September 11th.
https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_2017841504542489393.html

The DIS just published “Preparing for Hurricane Irma at Walt Disney World
Excellent tips!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/preparing-for-hurricane-irma-at-walt-disney-world/

Last edited:
I'm just sick over this storm y'all. It's looking increasingly like we will have to cancel... and I just really wanted to go to the party!

Just figured you'd understand.
Current party itinerary:
FINGERS CROSSED!!!

RRRRRRR - we're fighting over changing flights to get down there earlier or later. current schedule is fly in on sunday morning. I say fly in saturday morning. he's worried about being stuck at property and having the place (WDW) shut down for DAYS. Weather looks promising for tues - thurs......

During our party it started to storm while we were in line for Belle & Gaston. They moved them into Gaston's Tavern in the corner of the room where you order. The line was outside, against the side of the building.

Changed flights - arriving saturday morning now.
Waiting on travel agent to add 1 night at hotel and 1 more park day to passes.

Will update sunday fast passes once it goes through.....more time to eat at epcot.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter