MNSSHP Photos and Tips..I'll Start!!! New Pictures SOON!!!!

LPNmom

Mouseketeer
Well I can't wait till my next trip to WDW in Sept/Oct, thought it might be fun to have a thread with pictures and tips for MNSSHP to pass the time! Also post pictures of fun/creative halloween costumes while at WDW. I'll start....
Tip:
1)Arrive EARLY, we arrived an hour late due to t/s dinner reservations, planning for c/s next trip.
2)Do the later parade, decreased crowds.
3)Do the Photo Pass of Cinderella's Carriage early, it got longer during the last half of the party.
4)Take the time for the small dance parties, my girls loved these, and the characters were great dancers!!

Ticket info can be found at:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm#tickets

Tickets can be ordered by calling 407-W-DISNEY

Pictures:
DisneyPhotoImage5.JPG
Grand Gathering Group, adults were "Survivor WDW Casts" (can you guess that we love Survivor)
IMG_1148.JPG
DH in Costume Survivor WDW
IMG_1579.JPG
Chip or Dale?? Trying to get daughter to dance...She declined didn' t want to look silly (Preteens??:upsidedow)
DisneyPhotoImage10.JPG
Photo Pass Spot at MNSSHP

1. Try to rest and take it easy during the day, don't go commando at another park before this night!

2. Remember you can get in with your ticket at 4pm!

3. Trick-or-Treat at the END of the night, they give out TONS more candy because they realize they have a lot leftover and night will be over soon.

WDW2008872.jpg

WDW2008952.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

I REFUSE to go without a new camera this year! I want something that takes good night pics, it's a must!

I agree with the night shots, our photo pass pictures were not so great, would def. do them earlier in the day before dark!! did get a really wierd picture of daughter with night shot though:
AshleyPicture.jpg

Oh I have to join! We just found out that we can go this year but it will be on the 9/11 date. Need to pass time before the tix go on sale!:lmao:

1) BRING A VIDEO CAMERA!!!
We taped the parade and most of the fireworks(the battery died) and we still watch the parade and its been almost 3 years!
2) REST before you go!
*Note to self*: Do more trick or treating this time.

If anybody is reading this that hasn't gone, heed everybody's tips and you will have a fantastic time!

My son HAD to meet her and then he wouldn't smile for the pic!
453106468111_0_ALB.jpg

Beginning of the day: Jack Sparrow
OplCommandServlet-1.jpg

End of the day: A Jedi in training? lol He took his wig off(it was hot) and he looks like he belongs in Star Wars!
OplCommandServlet2.jpg

Love this!!!

We are going to be in Disney 10/8-10/13 and it will be our first time to be there at Halloween! We can't wait -- it looks like a blast!!!

*Note to self*: Do more trick or treating this time.
QUOTE]

Totally agree with this!! The Character experience when doing trick or treating is a blast. My daughters loved the Queen from Alice in Wonderland! The queen made my daughters curtsey, oldest daughter was laughing the whole time (this made the Queen even more mad!!) Great memory!!:thumbsup2

Looks like we will be there the same time. Going to do the MNSSHP for the first time. Can't wait! Think my boy and I are going to dress as Buzz.:thumbsup2

I can't wait for the dates to be released. For now I'm hoping the ones at Allears are correct. Bring on the tips (and the pics)....we can't wait! :yay:

I can't wait for the dates to be released. For now I'm hoping the ones at Allears are correct. Bring on the tips (and the pics)....we can't wait! :yay:

The dates were released. Check Disney's website. I just wish I didn't have to wait until May 1 to order them:furious:

First-timer here~
Thanks for all the great tips! I especially like the one about trick-or-treating later on in the night. More candy!

It looks as if we'll be in disney for the first night of MNSSHP - please explain to me how it works. What do you buy tickets to? Is it in a particular part of the park? Is it after the park closes? Help!!:scared:

MNSSHP is a separate ticket that you purchase. The party is at MK from 7pm to midnight and the whole park is closed to everyone else during the party. You can arrive at 4pm if you have a ticket for the party. You can ride rides, trick-or-treat, go to dance parties, see the characters dressed up in costume and there are special Hallowishes fireworks and the Boo-to-you parade. It's great fun!

Everyone already has great tips, but here's one I'll add:

Prepare to get extra attention if you dress like a character. DH and I went as Woody and Jesse, and got tons of attention from cast members, as well as the famous duo. Woody didn't have any people in line for pictures / autographs while the parade was going on, so he came over and danced around with us while watching the parade.

DSC_0315.JPG

The dates were released. Check Disney's website. I just wish I didn't have to wait until May 1 to order them:furious:

Oh I'm so excited. I checked these yesterday and they weren't there. There is only one party during our visit, so needless to say I'll be on the phone bright and early on May 1st. Thanks for the heads up!:yay:

Everyone already has great tips, but here's one I'll add:

Prepare to get extra attention if you dress like a character. DH and I went as Woody and Jesse, and got tons of attention from cast members, as well as the famous duo. Woody didn't have any people in line for pictures / autographs while the parade was going on, so he came over and danced around with us while watching the parade.

DSC_0315.JPG

This is the cutest picture, wish my husband would let me dress him up this way, took a lot just to get him to wear a bandana!!!:upsidedow

It looks like we are in the minority here, but we had a HORRIBLE time the last time we went to MNSSHP! We've been twice before. The first time was great, but the second time was bad, bad, bad. It was way more crowded that night than it was during the day. The cast members were rude. The bus service going back to the hotel that night was ridiculous. We waited OVER AN HOUR for a bus and we were staying at a moderate resort. To me it's not worth it to spend more than $40+ per ticket for us to go and get a bag of candy that I can get at Target for like ten bucks.

We went to MNSSHP twice last October and thought it was great!!! I have lots of pictures and will post some characters ones next. The Boo To You parade is fabulous. The second parade is usually less crowded than the first one. Here are some cool pictures:

IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg
IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg
IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg
IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg
IMG_1017.jpg

MK is decorated with lots of orange banners, scarecrows and pumpkins. It's very festive right from the front gate!!

IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg

There are several characters that only come out for MNSSHP, like Mickey/Minnie in costume, Pooh/Piglet/Tigger/Eeyore in costume, Cinderella in her carriage, Snow White & all 7 dwarfs, Chip/Dale in costume, Jessie/Bullseye and lots of villians (Cruella, Malificent, Jafar, Captain Hook). Plus lots of other characters like Baloo, King Louie, Tarzan, Terk, Buzz Lightyear, Aladdin, Jasmine, Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, Stepsisters, Timon, Mr Smee.

Here are some character pictures:

IMG_1275.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg
IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg
IMG_1303.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter