MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

Not true. They used to promote MNSSHP as short lines for all the major attractions. Sometimes that was true and sometimes it wasn't.
I have not attended and AH event, but have read stories about them not being very crowded to extremely crowded and long waits.
None of use will really know what Disney means about "limited" until the the events start happening.

I am saying I checked the current AH page and the current Christmas party page. I remember the parties of the past, and I went to the Halloween parties multiple times over the years and was a witness to the increased crowds each year. I’ve also attended AH events over the years they have been offered. The waits were short to extremely short, though I have waited 20+ minutes during an AH for headliners on occasion. Zachary did point out I am making an assumption, but it’s based on evidence both personal and what is posted in Disney’s own language. I think it is highly unlikely we will see a huge spike in the AH attendance cap this year, though I suppose could see it following the party pattern where each year it gets just a little more crowded until it gets really bad. However, due to the price point, I doubt it.

I will be at the first party if I can get tickets. I am lucky we are just a party of 2 so it will not be extraordinarily expensive. Personally, I have always enjoyed these events and am happy to see Disney offering them again.

I am saying I checked the current AH page and the current Christmas party page. I remember the parties of the past, and I went to the Halloween parties multiple times over the years and was a witness to the increased crowds each year. I’ve also attended AH events over the years they have been offered. The waits were short to extremely short, though I have waited 20+ minutes during an AH for headliners on occasion. Zachary did point out I am making an assumption, but it’s based on evidence both personal and what is posted in Disney’s own language. I think it is highly unlikely we will see a huge spike in the AH attendance cap this year, though I suppose could see it following the party pattern where each year it gets just a little more crowded until it gets really bad. However, due to the price point, I doubt it.

I will be at the first party if I can get tickets. I am lucky we are just a party of 2 so it will not be extraordinarily expensive. Personally, I have always enjoyed these events and am happy to see Disney offering them again.

I agree. Although as I’ve said before I do believe the first party will be sold out due to all the media/bloggers and the Halloween night party since it’s Halloween...I also think Fridays will be more crowded since it’s weekend and no school for local kiddos the next day...I’m expecting/hoping crowds to be comparable to After Hours events held in previous years. I will also be buying tickets for only 2 people vs a larger family which obviously makes huge difference. But we are looking forward to the event. I do think Disney could have made this a more family friendly event by offering a reduced price for children but I think they were aiming this at an older demographic....

Obviously true.

but Disney could, not likely, remove resort amenities from point stays. I mean DVC discounts, DME (if it comes back in some form), ADR timing etc.

Also not likely...after 9 11 there was a rumor Disney was going to sell DVC operations to Marriott. Disney would get the money from sales. Dues might go up. The concern would be Marriott owners being given equal footing with DVC owners not booking their home resort.

Disney could load up DVC with losses have DVC declare bankruptcy and auction the properties. The only thing the DVC members would be due is a pro rated payout for their real estate interest.

Disney corporate would be the buyer or a new shell corporation would be the buyer.

I guess another reason we will give Boo Bash a try instead of any Xmas party replacement is I only have to buy 3 tickets. By Xmas, my youngest will be old enough to need a ticket. Didn't the Halloween party used to have slightly discounted child tickets? I guess there will be no military discounts to the Boo Bash either.

Disney could load up DVC with losses have DVC declare bankruptcy and auction the properties. The only thing the DVC members would be due is a pro rated payout for their real estate interest.

Disney corporate would be the buyer or a new shell corporation would be the buyer.
If Disney wants to be sued into oblivion, sure. DVD has a fiduciary responsibility to the owners to run things in the owners' best interests. That would be a violation of the contracts and fraud.

If Disney wants to be sued into oblivion, sure. DVD has a fiduciary responsibility to the owners to run things in the owners' best interests. That would be a violation of the contracts and fraud.
The question is if the fraud would result in jail time or just huge dollar damages

This thread is about MNNSHP being replaced with "Boo Bash". The topic has nothing to do with DVC and certainly nothing about DVC going bankrupt or failing their members.

If this line of discussion continues, posts will be removed and this thread will be closed.

I am pretty excited about this! I am sad that MNSSHP isn’t happening because it is one of my favorite things that Disney does, but this should still be fun. As long as the parks are decorated with the pumpkins and have at least a little bit of the ambiance of the parties, I will be happy. I will be ready on Tuesday morning to get tickets for August 17th!

I am pretty excited about this! I am sad that MNSSHP isn’t happening because it is one of my favorite things that Disney does, but this should still be fun. As long as the parks are decorated with the pumpkins and have at least a little bit of the ambiance of the parties, I will be happy. I will be ready on Tuesday morning to get tickets for August 17th!
Same here, my DD and I are overjoyed that we will get to experience this!!

This thread is about MNNSHP being replaced with "Boo Bash". The topic has nothing to do with DVC and certainly nothing about DVC going bankrupt or failing their members.

If this line of discussion continues, posts will be removed and this thread will be closed.
Sorry, I replied without realizing what thread I was posting in.

On topic we'll know how limited tickets are by how fast they sell out. First night and October 31 should sell out quick. Other dates sell out before, or right after June 15 we can infer limited capacity.

Rule of thumb, an event which sells out quickly is underpriced

Any word on purchasing tickets this morning? Our resort reservation (CBR) is in October, and we still haven’t received an email regarding the advance purchase for Boo Bash tickets. I emailed our TA, and no word from her either...

Any word on purchasing tickets this morning? Our resort reservation (CBR) is in October, and we still haven’t received an email regarding the advance purchase for Boo Bash tickets. I emailed our TA, and no word from her either...
It’s tomorrow morning, June 8th. As long as you have a reservation you’re fine to call and reserve tickets regardless of receiving an email (or your TA should be able to do it for you).

They go on sale tomorrow for those with resort reservations :)

Just a quick plug for Dreams Unlimited travel, for those discussing the requirements to get tickets to this event. I can appreciate the investment and effort they make to enable all this discussion to happen. If you do not have a TA, or the one you are using appears less than ideal, give Dreams Unlimited a call.
(And no, I do not work for them. Just trying to keep all this conversation afloat by recognizing the support they provide)

Online or do we have to call.

Honestly, I wouldn't put money on the online option being available. It might, because I've had some CM's tell me they were looking into it for tomorrow, but I would plan on being on the phone at 7AM Eastern. If they do open something online, try that as a secondary option. Their IT is unfortunately not reliable. There is a very good chance that both the first party and Halloween will sell out tomorrow!

Honestly, I wouldn't put money on the online option being available. It might, because I've had some CM's tell me they were looking into it for tomorrow, but I would plan on being on the phone at 7AM Eastern. If they do open something online, try that as a secondary option. Their IT is unfortunately not reliable. There is a very good chance that both the first party and Halloween will sell out tomorrow!
Same number as general June 15th? 407-939-4240

I know it's more money than MNSSHP but I'm going with the info on the after hours party seems like it will be fun. We are just going to make a quick weekend of it and the plus side is I only have to buy 1 ticket my cousin and I are going to go for a girls weekend. It will be my first after hours party and why not celebrate Halloween in august :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter