MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

This is definitely a situation where it would come in handy to have a TA! Thanks for sharing any info you can get :-)

Heard back from my TA. She is able to book our tickets tomorrow morning, so I don't have to get up at the crack of crazy (we're 2 hours behind Orlando time). She also included a link to the updated ticket pricing from the Disney World website:

Event Dates and Pricing

Disney After Hours Boo Bash takes place from 9:30 PM to 12:30 AM on the following dates:

Date
General Ticket
Price (+ tax)
Annual Passholder &
Disney Vacation Club
Member Ticket Price (+ tax)
Tuesday, August 10$139$129
Tuesday, August 17$129$119
Friday, August 20$139$129
Tuesday, August 24$129$119
Friday, August 27$139$129
Tuesday, August 31$129$119
Friday, September 3$139$129

Disney After Hours Boo Bash takes place from 9:00 PM to midnight on the following dates:

Date
General Ticket
Price (+ tax)
Annual Passholder &
Disney Vacation Club Member
Ticket Price (+ tax)
Tuesday, September 7$129$119
Friday, September 10$139$129
Tuesday, September 14$129$119
Friday, September 17$139$129
Tuesday, September 21$129$119
Friday, September 24$139$129
Tuesday, October 5$159
Friday, October 8$169
Tuesday, October 12$159
Friday, October 15$169
Tuesday, October 19$159
Friday, October 22$169
Sunday, October 24$169
Tuesday, October 26$169
Friday, October 29$169
Sunday, October 31$199

We've decided to go on October 29 - can't wait!!

What time will these go on sale tomorrow?
It seems that resort and DVC guests have to purchase tickets by phone, with online sales starting on the 15th when booking is open to all. I'd expect tickets to be available to resort guests when the phone lines open at 7am EST, and I think it's 9am EST for the DVC line...? (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

No, they probably won’t sell out tomorrow.

If not I'll be pleasantly surprised! Given the fact that there was no Halloween party last year and a lot of people moved their trips to this Fall, I think we'll see a large turnout. If you have a certain date that you want to go and nothing else will work, you should assume they might sell out and be on the phone tomorrow morning. I certainly will be so I can try to snag tickets for my clients.

As a DVC member do I have to call DVC member services to book? Does it matter what number I call or does it specifically need to be DVC? DVC member services have been incredibly hard to get through for months.

Because it is an After Hours event. There’s no question it’s going to be very limited.
It is an after hours event, but you have to really scrutinize how it’s described. They say something to the effect of shorter waits- exactly the wording they used for villains AH. With traditional after hours they said “ little to no waits”. It may not seem like it, but the difference is huge. With Villains there were lots of complaining about long lines and lots of people disappointed that were expecting the same conditions as traditional after hours. Add to that the fact that there is nothing to draw crowds from the lines, only makes it worse. Anyone who thinks they’re going to experience short waits and near empty parks is going to be disappointed.

It is an after hours event, but you have to really scrutinize how it’s described. They say something to the effect of shorter waits- exactly the wording they used for villains AH. With traditional after hours they said “ little to no waits”. It may not seem like it, but the difference is huge. With Villains there were lots of complaining about long lines and lots of people disappointed that were expecting the same conditions as traditional after hours. Add to that the fact that there is nothing to draw crowds from the lines, only makes it worse. Anyone who thinks they’re going to experience short waits and near empty parks is going to be disappointed.

I went to a VAH and the issue was with the rides that they "plussed up" for the event. Those had very long lines, but most other rides did not. Space Mountain took much longer than I expected it to, and was underwhelming too. I think if they don't do overlays then that should help.

I went to a VAH and the issue was with the rides that they "plussed up" for the event. Those had very long lines, but most other rides did not. Space Mountain took much longer than I expected it to, and was underwhelming too. I think if they don't do overlays then that should help.

I liked the space one and found the live actors in pirates underwhelming. But the "overlays" made the line at those two longer, worse at mnsshp with them.

The only issue I had with the ah was that it starts at park close so you are missing out on time while lines work to get out the reg crowd. It's the one nice thing about the hour buffer with the holiday parties.

less waiting on line at popular attractions

is what is promised. You're right. Posters are assuming more then is being promised.

I just tried calling the number that was sent to me in the email. I'm DVC but also staying at a resort. The DVC member services line says they don't open until 9am EST. What is the line that opens at 7am EST?

Does anyone know if kids under age 3 need tickets for boo bash? Assuming no since they don't need Park Tickets either.

Wait, so I can’t buy tickets online and I have to call DVC member services? Forget it, it’s not worth it.

Does anyone know if kids under age 3 need tickets for boo bash? Assuming no since they don't need Park Tickets either.
I will let you know if I ever get through. I am assuming they don't, otherwise that extra $159 may be a deal breaker for us. We are trying to go the night before my daughter's 3rd birthday, but can't get through on the phone. Hoping they don't sell out. It is a Tuesday, but it is late October, so who knows, with everyone there for the anniversary month. We have had our Ft. Wilderness reservations for her birthday week since the day they opened up 2021 reservations.

So, even though you have a booking in MDE, you cant book online? Great. When it comes to the Xmas tickets, that's going to be a right pain having to phone up. 🙄

So, even though you have a booking in MDE, you cant book online? Great. When it comes to the Xmas tickets, that's going to be a right pain having to phone up. 🙄
Yup. I feel like it is like my failed attempt to get a RoR boarding group on what should have been Star Wars half marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter