MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

After a day of frustration, I finally got through to DVC and booked two tickets for September 24th. For me and my daughter it came out to around $275, which is just too much. I also have a trip planned for the last weekend in October. They wanted $190 a ticket with no discount. I’m not paying that.

Do we know what time MK closes to the public on Boo nights? Will it be a hard close? Normally anyone on line before park close is allowed to stay on line and ride. Hard close assuming a 30 minute wait, the line is closed 30 minutes before closing.

I suspect Disney is selling more tickets then posters assumed. It would really stink if the 1st hour had non party guests on line from before park close
All we can go by are previous after hours - for both villains and regular after hours there was no hard close. Day guests could get in line up until closing, meaning that yes, they’d be filtered through during the event. They were good about clearing the park for those not in line, but it does take some time. The first 45 minutes or so saw pretty long lines because of so many day guests getting in that last ride- but, they paid to be there, they’re entitled to get in line up to closing. At after hours, we went for rides that weren’t headliners while waiting for the lines to thin out.
My assumption is they’re selling at least as many tickets as they did for Villains. I sure wouldn’t expect the number you see with a traditional after hours.

I went to several After Hours and Villains events and never had to wait for hours on phone to book....now I’m wondering just how “limited capacity this is Boo Bash will actually be.....I’m afraid it’s going to be a far greater number than what we experienced at previous after hour events. I’m out.

Despite rumors to the contrary Disney is still selling tickets for Halloween night. Is Disney limiting the number of tickets sales to the number guests who wish to purchase

So... anyone think to ask the cm how many tickets are being sold for each night....... not that I think they would actually say, but it would be interesting to see if we got any responses

Someone on another thread did...the answer was, effectively, "fewer than we sell for a regular day" - that's a bad answer for those who want very small numbers...
Yeah, that’s not the most promising response... would have been nice if they had compared it to MNSSHP or DAH

I was on hold 2 hours 8 minutes. Got 2 tickets for October 5th. The CM on the phone said the vast majority of tickets she's sold today are adult tickets. Almost no kids.

Also remember Disney has an odd idea of who is an adult i.e. a 10 year old is an ‘Adult’ in Disney’s mind. and 3 and under are not charged admission.

From things I have heard they added more tickets for Halloween due to it being sold out
The claim is a computer glitch was the issue. We are promised shorter then normal lines. If the lines aren't at least half of what they were earlier in the day I'll be looking for compensation. Free drinks and snacks aren't enough to justify what we're paying.

The wording Disney used caused many of us to think attractions should be almost a walk on. Disney has wiggle room in the wording to counter those expectations. I'm afraid crowds might be close to MNSSHP.

Maybe I'm too cynical. Could Disney decide to just extend the party to 12:30a, some nights, to counter over-crowding complaints?

No dates are sold out? I think the parties are going to be more crowded then many of us first thought.
Or…less people are interested in what they are offering.
Exactly. I think it's a combination of the 2- higher capacity limits and less interest because of 1) Pricing and 2) (the one that causes me not to not to buy) wanting to show Chapek that they can't continue to offer cheap knock offs of the real thing and people will happily buy into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter