!!!! Mnsshp! !!!!

bcroix78

Earning My Ears
Just purchased our tix. Every thing i have read seems amazing, i was just wondering if its as great as it seems. Some first hand info, advice, and or stories would be great... thanks

We absolutely love MNSSHP! We actually went two times last year and had a blast! Our favorite things are the Villains Mix and Mingle, Hallowishes, and the Boo to You parade. Be sure to check out the posts from the first few parties to see which characters will be there, where they will be, and which rides are open---the Dis boards are the best source of info. Also, you have been able to enter the park at 4 pm in the past...which gives you a lot of pre-party time to enjoy things. You will have a wonderful time! Congrats on your first party!

I'm right there with you....we had been torn between the party and a couple of tours...but decided on Saturday to go to MNSSHP....bought the tickets today !!!

We've been to MVMCP and enjoyed that...hope MNSSHP is as much fun.

Side note: it will be our last night, so we get to finish our vacation with the party and staying late in the MK !!!!!

We went on Halloween night 2010 for our first party on our first trip. It was busy that night, but so worth it! We met the 7 dwarfs and Malifecent ( only can meet them at parties), the parade was GREAT( get your spot early), rode extra spooky haunted mansion, add trick or treating and fireworks...yup, it was awesome! We actually also went to the MVMCP that trip too and the MNSSHP was our favorite of the two parties. Our girls were 3,5,7 at that time. :thumbsup2

Mnsshp is great fun! Special characters, Boo to You parade, Hallowishes, characters in costume. I would love to do it again but we decided on a Christmas time trip this year. We have done both, and imo, mnsshp is better.

Here is last year's planning thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2697965

The Seven Dwarfs have a huge line all night. If you want a picture with them, you should get in line around 6. We did last year and were about 6th or 7th in line. By the time 7 rolled around and we finished our picture, the line was huge! Also, princes are with their princesses (Charming, Snow Prince and Flynn Rider). Parties are the only place to see Flynn, so the line for that tends to be crazy as well.

We absolutely love MNSSHP! We actually went two times last year and had a blast! Our favorite things are the Villains Mix and Mingle, Hallowishes, and the Boo to You parade. Be sure to check out the posts from the first few parties to see which characters will be there, where they will be, and which rides are open---the Dis boards are the best source of info. Also, you have been able to enter the park at 4 pm in the past...which gives you a lot of pre-party time to enjoy things. You will have a wonderful time! Congrats on your first party!

I could have written this post! I second these sentiments. I LOVE MNSSHP with the same favorites as above. We are going back this year in October just for the party. I don't even like Halloween very much (didn't even like it as a kid) but this party is sooo much fun. Best parade EVER! And you get candy (good candy at that) on top of it!

Not at all required, but if you wear costumes, you'll get lots of interactions with Cast Members. Not that they have to be elaborate, but the more original than a T-shirt or simple pirate costume, etc, the better.

Also, Cast Members try to relate to you based on what Land they are working in. For example, I was Captain Hook, but Frontierland Cast Members referred to me as Ben Franklin.

Costumes aren't for everybody and they're not always convenient to pack, etc., but it does add to the party.

We love attending MNSSHP! This September will be our third time. There are two parades which are great, great fireworks, character dance parties, meet and greets, LOTS of candy!! Hardly no wait times for the rides. It is totally worth it!

We love MNSSHP!! We usually make it late September but, we have an earlier trip this year.
The only day that would work is the 1st party on September 11.

Does anyone know how crazy the first one tends to be? Is it massively crowded? Any help appreciated!

We love MNSSHP!! We usually make it late September but, we have an earlier trip this year.
The only day that would work is the 1st party on September 11.

Does anyone know how crazy the first one tends to be? Is it massively crowded? Any help appreciated!

I don't know how crazy the September 11th party will be, but we have tickets to it on that date, so we'll be there lol. Were really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

It is now my favorite time to visit. Things I love:
all the villains out and about
Cinderellas carriage on display for pictures
The decorations
The holiday themed snacks
The exclusive pins
Seeing all the awesome costumes people come up with!
What my daughter loved:
The parade
Haunted mansion ghost who interacted with her outsIde
Seeing the picture we took out side the mansion
Minnie in costume
And we both loved the fireworks!

It is a great time and in my opinion, worth the money. This year we will make it a easy day and go in at 4. So EXCITED!!!

Do they give you a special paper map/guide with all the information on it (parade time, locations of trick or treating, etc) as you walk in? Is there any way to get that special map before the party? If I'm going to a Friday night party, and I arrive at WDW on the Thursday, would they be able to give me a map if I went to a ticket booth on Thursday so we could begin to plan a bit better?

Thanks!

VAfamily1998 said:
Do they give you a special paper map/guide with all the information on it (parade time, locations of trick or treating, etc) as you walk in? Is there any way to get that special map before the party? If I'm going to a Friday night party, and I arrive at WDW on the Thursday, would they be able to give me a map if I went to a ticket booth on Thursday so we could begin to plan a bit better?

Thanks!

They do have special maps. Typically someone who attends the first party will post photos here so that everyone can see it.

Here are links to my reports from the last 3 years (include photos), we focus on character/entertainment experiences:

MNSSHP CHARACTER REPORTS

hitch2-11.jpg

We absolutely love the MNSSHP. We always dress up, well not the hubs, he's is kind of a pooper like that but we have a blast. I do find the characters interact with you alot more if you are in costume. Last year both of my boys, 7 and 2 were pirates pirate:(Jack Sparrow and Cap'n Hook) and the handler for Captain Jack actually had to tell him that the line was long and he needed to move on to the next guest. If you have the room, definately bring a costume.
My kids like the trick or treating but like the short ride lines more. As the night goes on there are lots of rides that are walk ons. Also, the parade is great but there is a part where they drag shovels on the ground and hit them on the ground and that did scare my little guy a bit. I highly recommend it!

Can't wait! This will be our 1st time too! We're going Sept 21st! :cool1::cool1:

My best bit of advice is to take home a piece of it with you...If you have been you know how addictive that music is and it sticks with you for a couple of days afterwards-a lot of people do not realize they can buy a cd called Event Party Music-it is not located with the evenings promo goodies-I actually got ours inside the candy store on Main St by the register-worth every penny to mentally transport myself back to the party!!!

We go at least 2 times a year (sometimes 3). It is the best Disney does! I love Boo to You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter