Modifying ADRs

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
I'm on the fence between a few restaurants for our trip next week and we won't be able to go to all of them. I have a dinner reservation at Spice Road Table one night - if I make a same-day switch for the same time but different restaurant, I'll be charged the no-show fee for SRT, correct? You book the restaurant, not the time slot? Just wondering how much I can procrastinate on making a firm decision here.

I'm on the fence between a few restaurants for our trip next week and we won't be able to go to all of them. I have a dinner reservation at Spice Road Table one night - if I make a same-day switch for the same time but different restaurant, I'll be charged the no-show fee for SRT, correct? You book the restaurant, not the time slot? Just wondering how much I can procrastinate on making a firm decision here.
You'll be canceling the first and booking new the second. You will probably be charged. You need to cancel the day before.

Spice Road Tables is one of the few restaurants on site that it's possible to actually walk up to and get into without an ADR so it might not be too big of a risk to cancel it the day before and then decide to go there anyway. There is no guarantee you will get in but we have never been turned away, most of the time you do have to sit on the outside patio for walk ups. Another alternative for Spice Road is to make a day of ADR, again, we have done that while walking around the parks at about 3:30 in the afternoon for that same night. We only book our ADRs day of and other than the "must dos" like BOG or character meals (which aren't even on our radar) we have never had a problem getting a reservation for that same night.

If you're trying to get an ADR for around the fireworks show, that would be the only time I would think you could have an issue without an ADR. Other than that, I would agree with the PP's.

I have seen people walk up to a restaurant to cancel their same day ADR and be told they will not be charged. I think that is at the discretion of the staff. The written policy is cancel at least the day before. I would do that to avoid the charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter