Modifying existing at 7 month window with partial availability?

stoudty

Earning My Ears
Home resort is AKL. Booked a stay for first week of September as a placeholder cause we would really like to stay somewhere else instead (specifiallly Poly).

In looking at various DVC availability websites, it appears that there is availability at most other resorts for 9/2-9/8, but not 8/31-9/2. I am OK with a split stay.

So my question is, what’s is the best way to modify this reservation? I do not want to lose the confirmed reservation at AKL until I have something else in place.

I’m thinking that on 1/31, I try for a standalone reservation at either BLT, BW, etc, and then on 2/2, I change the AKL reservation to Poly if it’s still available. Does that make sense? Any other thoughts?

Is there still availability at AKV? You can't split a reservation into 2, but you can make a second reservation at AKV for 8/31-9/2 and modify your current to 9/2-9/8. This way, to modify, you don't put anything at risk. It may also make it easier to adjust the days of the split stay.

Thank you. I just did this. I assume I’ll be able to combine the reservations at AKL so I don’t need to switch rooms, assuming nothing else becomes available?

Thank you. I just did this. I assume I’ll be able to combine the reservations at AKL so I don’t need to switch rooms, assuming nothing else becomes available?

Yes. We always do this so we can split stay and combine back if nothing we want is available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter