Moonlight Magic California

Servers are crashing. It's been about 20 minutes since I started getting the auto-refresh page.

been stuck at auto refresh since 7:55.

why dont they use a registration system like d23? its much cleaner

been stuck at auto refresh since 7:55.

why dont they use a registration system like d23? its much cleaner
the note on that page last night made it seem like it was going to be like the d23 queue system but clearly it isn't

Just got off phone with DVC which INSISTED there were no issues with the site but that there are "thousands" of people trying to register and that it is like "the lottery -- if you get a page not found it means you weren't selected as a winner." UGH.

it really sucks too since it said it wouldnt open up at 8am. i thought getting in at 7:55 would give me no problems, but the registration queue was already full...before the posted time it said registration would open. kinda screwy

the note on that page last night made it seem like it was going to be like the d23 queue system but clearly it isn't

Yeah, I'm really disappointed. I rearranged my morning and I've been keeping an eye on the page since 7:30. I wish they'd get their act together.

so how long should we keep trying before giving up? This is my first time, and ive heard other moonlight magic events at WDW sell out within 1-2 hours, but not sure how fast DLR goes

I'm in.

Yes I looked @ the code running the site - its simply a rate limiter. If 1000 people try to get in for 10 slots, then the server gives out the 10 slots and waits either an allotted amount of time or for those 10 slots to be freed up. You are simply in a random drawing for the correct slot. So what that means is you should all have 5-6 browser windows open (or just keep clicking refresh yourself vs waiting the 10 seconds).

The site is clearly at its limits as I am occasionally seeing errors that would result from high load. Its running out of sockets (the underlying things that let network connections work), I've gotten a couple error messages suggesting it was running out of memory or that transactions were timing out.

Dear Disney Engineering,

There are LOTS of good ways to resolve these types of scale issues - obviously if there are 1000 slots for 10000 people nothing we can do there, but the site can still be responsive under high load. Hire me, I can fix most of it for you.

Thanks

Well, at least some people are getting through! Still no luck for me! Looking at the bright side - if we don't get tickets for this, we have no reason to go to DL then and so would save a ton of money lol!

Arrrgh!!! I got in. Put in my membership number and the server crashed!

We got through finally. We were up and on at 7:40, it went live at about 7:57, and we finally got 1 device through at about 8:15. Soooo relieved, our whole 30th anniversary trip was planned around this Moonlight Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!!

so how long should we keep trying before giving up? This is my first time, and ive heard other moonlight magic events at WDW sell out within 1-2 hours, but not sure how fast DLR goes

Keep waiting until you see an explicit site saying its sold out

Got to the page to enter my email address and now it's just spinning..... :(

Yes, just wait its slow - its running on the same server as the gateway check. Additionally all of the pages are hitting the same underlying database. Once you're at the step where you enter the email you're on your way, just do NOT close that window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter