Moonlight magic registration

Princesspixi

Mouseketeer
Hello, we’re finally going to get to attend a Moonlight Magic event! I just want to make sure I understand the registration process.
They’ll send an email a few days prior? The link will be there? Or do I just have to go to the website? I tried looking back through emails and I think I saw the one for AK.
It’s for Typhoon Lagoon so I have a little while still.
Does that typically sell out immediately?
Thanks all!

Hello, we’re finally going to get to attend a Moonlight Magic event! I just want to make sure I understand the registration process.
They’ll send an email a few days prior? The link will be there? Or do I just have to go to the website? I tried looking back through emails and I think I saw the one for AK.
It’s for Typhoon Lagoon so I have a little while still.
Does that typically sell out immediately?
Thanks all!
they will send an email about 24hours in advance of the registration. it will include a link

The link will also be shared online, so come back here if you don't receive the email by about 6pm the night before. (Don't expect it first thing in the morning--it's usually later in the day.)

Registration uses a virtual queue where each person waiting is assigned a random place in line to register. The web page will gradually count-down as your place in line approaches. Usually there are more people wishing to attend than capacity. Not everyone gets in. But demand seems to be lower for the Typhoon Lagoon events, so perhaps greater odds. Expect to be waiting in the virtual queue for up to an hour to register. When your time to register arrives, do it quickly because just getting to the registration form does not guarantee entry. The form needs to be submitted, completely and accurately before the event has filled-up in order to secure a spot.

Thanks all!
I have another question.
We’re staying in a cash room as all our points are gone for the year 😩
My mom is the lead guest. Will that be an issue.
Also, our contract is still in my maiden name, but my name on the reservation is my married name. Will that cause an issue?

Thanks all!
I have another question.
Also, our contract is still in my maiden name, but my name on the reservation is my married name. Will that cause an issue?
I believe that will be an issue but admittedly not sure. Is your mom a member? I think others who were in cash rooms on the last MM had to go through MS to book their rooms in order to get the early registration advantage. I’m sure others with more expertise will be willing to give their take but I think I would go right to the source and call/chat with MS direct.

I believe that will be an issue but admittedly not sure. Is your mom a member? I think others who were in cash rooms on the last MM had to go through MS to book their rooms in order to get the early registration advantage. I’m sure others with more expertise will be willing to give their take but I think I would go right to the source and call/chat with MS direct.
I'm 99% sure you are correct. This was a change this year. Cash rooms had to be booked through MS in order to qualify for early registration. If not you need to wait till the general one.

Thanks all!
I have another question.
Is your room booked at a DVC property? Do you have the reservation linked with your DVC account?

I thought rooms only needed booked through MS for non-DVC Disney properties (i.e. pop-century, etc)

Is your room booked at a DVC property? Do you have the reservation linked with your DVC account?

I thought rooms only needed booked through MS for non-DVC Disney properties (i.e. pop-century, etc)
Yes that is my understanding … I assumed that the poster was at a non DVC property

Yes that is my understanding … I assumed that the poster was at a non DVC property
I’m at AKL, not the villas. Now I feel like I’ve messed everything up 😩 I’m so looking forward to this. I’ll have to call member services and figure it all out.
It’s linked to my MDE which has my DVC linked to it. I can always change my name to my maiden name on the reservation.
I’m just glad I thought of this issue now.

I’m at AKL, not the villas. Now I feel like I’ve messed everything up 😩 I’m so looking forward to this. I’ll have to call member services and figure it all out.
It’s linked to my MDE which has my DVC linked to it. I can always change my name to my maiden name on the reservation.
Your reservation type was included until a very recent change.

The only cash reservations that currently qualify for MM are ones booked through DVC Member Services. Typically you can get 25% off but only if they have inventory. It’s worth a call for sure. It’s possible that something else is available if they don’t have exactly what you have booked now.

As far as the name - I’d put whatever name is on your contract as the lead guest. Especially if you have another 18yo+ in your room, it’s not going to matter much. With online checkin used it won’t matter at all. So that’s why I think the easiest way to avoid issues is just make sure you use the name on your contract.

Eta - DVC rentals are no longer included either. I’m pretty sure using your own resale points still works?

Your reservation type was included until a very recent change.

The only cash reservations that currently qualify for MM are ones booked through DVC Member Services. Typically you can get 25% off but only if they have inventory. It’s worth a call for sure. It’s possible that something else is available if they don’t have exactly what you have booked now.

As far as the name - I’d put whatever name is on your contract as the lead guest. Especially if you have another 18yo+ in your room, it’s not going to matter much. With online checkin used it won’t matter at all. So that’s why I think the easiest way to avoid issues is just make sure you use the name on your contract.

Eta - DVC rentals are no longer included either. I’m pretty sure using your own resale points still works?
To save the stress I modified the cash reservation and borrowed points for one night so there wouldn’t be any issues with registration.
Thanks everyone for answering my questions. Now I know for the next one!

To save the stress I modified the cash reservation and borrowed points for one night so there wouldn’t be any issues with registration.
Thanks everyone for answering my questions. Now I know for the next one!
As long as you are staying on your points (or cash booked thru MS) for the date of MM AND the deadline to make the reservation to qualify hasnt passed you should be good. Even so all may not be lost as you still can probably find tickets from some folks that have extra or get the tickets on the day of the general registration.

I’m at AKL, not the villas.
Since they are staying at AKL (a DVC property) - don't think points or cash matter, but having it linked to your DVC ownership account would.

I understand you now booked with points for abundance of caution.

Since they are staying at AKL (a DVC property) - don't think points or cash matter, but having it linked to your DVC ownership account would.

I understand you now booked with points for abundance of caution.
it does matter if it were a cash room res NOT made via MS …. at least that was apparently the case for the last couple MM early reg periods … I believe even a points reservation made after their imposed ‘cut off’ date may also matter Hopefully the poster was still within the timeframe when they made the points reservation to remove all doubt

If your are staying at AKL on the hotel side booked via cash you will not be eligible to book during early registration.

Only DVC points stays, cash booked via MS for DVC villas, or points stays at non DVC WDW resorts count.

ETA: see you already changed it so you are in a points stay for that night.

Only DVC points stays, cash booked via MS for DVC villas, or points stays at non DVC WDW resorts count.
I understood that staying at any DVC property, and having that linked to your membership was sufficient.

Cash needed booked via MS when booking Disney's non-DVC accommodations.

Maybe I misunderstand.

I understood that staying at any DVC property, and having that linked to your membership was sufficient.

Cash needed booked via MS when booking Disney's non-DVC accommodations.

Maybe I misunderstand.

MS can’t book non DVC villas for cash. We can only try for unreserved DVC villas

The only way MS can book a non DVC WDW resort…like Pop Century…is if the owner is converting their points to reservation points to book.

To book any WDW resort that is not DVC and pay cash is to book directly through Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter