Moonlight Magic Reservations-help!

I think if you make the DVC reservation you should get the party reservation automatically. The way they do this is ridiculous.

Absolutely, incredibly unfair. Now we have to go through the same thing in 2 weeks when all and sundry can make reservations!!!

I agree with this, but I'm guessing the number of DVC members and guests staying on a particular night exceeds the number that can attend the event?

I could stand it being a little more crowded to accommodate all of the members who use points for a reservation. Then again, we all pay for this whether we're told it's sold out or not, so why not everyone?

I could stand it being a little more crowded to accommodate all of the members who use points for a reservation. Then again, we all pay for this whether we're told it's sold out or not, so why not everyone?
Sorry you were unable to get a reservation.

AFAIK, we members do not pay for the Moonlight Magic events. DVD, the sales department, pays for them.

It still feels horrible when you can't get in. Sympathize with all who were not successful.

It doesn’t acknowledge my hotel confirmation number and both phone numbers have had busy signals for an hour (someone said they could manually link it to my account so thought that might work?). Guessing it is a lost cause at this point . :(

Your confirmation number never had to be entered, just the membership number. I think you entered the wrong info. The only thing you had to enter was your membership number, twice.

Your confirmation number never had to be entered, just the membership number. I think you entered the wrong info. The only thing you had to enter was your membership number, twice.

That’s true. It knew which party I was eligible for once I put in my member number twice.

Thanks for assuming I did something wrong, lol. I “think” you aren’t aware of the various permutations that may go awry. I never got so far as to enter anything, the site referred me to the general sign up on 9/13 from the very beginning. My reservation isn’t linked for some reason aka the website doesn’t acknowledge it. I wasn’t able to get through to member services to link it, so no tickets for me. Other people with this issue were able to get through, have it manually linked and continue with their booking.

Thanks for assuming I did something wrong, lol. I “think” you aren’t aware of the various permutations that may go awry. I never got so far as to enter anything, the site referred me to the general sign up on 9/13 from the very beginning. My reservation isn’t linked for some reason aka the website doesn’t acknowledge it. I wasn’t able to get through to member services to link it, so no tickets for me. Other people with this issue were able to get through, have it manually linked and continue with their booking.

That's bizarre that you never got past the first screen where you should've been able to enter your membership number. I'm one of the people that did it incorrectly and kept entering my membership number and my reservation number instead of the membership number twice. Did you enter your membership number and it told you that you were ineligible, or did it never get that far? I had to try two different membership numbers before I got through. No clue...o_O

I have three memberships two with perks and one without. When I put in the two with perks it says I do not have a reservation and when I put in the one with out it says I do not qualify for this event. I forgot that I made the reservation using the non perk points and I am now waiting to talk to member services. I wish I had booked my October trip with some of the other points (I really thought that I had originally but then a wait list came through to add a night with my AK points) The message on the phone states that moonlight magic is now full (I could just cry)

When you say three memberships, do you mean three contracts or do you have three actual membership numbers? I have three contracts (all June use year so one membership number) and only one was purchased direct and provides membership benefits. I booked our September trip without using any of those direct points and was able to register for the 26th date.

Absolutely, incredibly unfair. Now we have to go through the same thing in 2 weeks when all and sundry can make reservations!!!
I understand your frustration but the way it is set up, someone is going to be left out. They simply cannot accommodate every DVC member with resort reservations and their guests. You have to remember that this is a marketing ploy by DVD.. They already have the member's money. What they want is the money that a potential member has. And that would be the DVC members' guests. So if I had a villa reserved for 7 people, I should be able to get tickets for all 7 of us. And of those 7, only 3 are members while the other two couples are not. Those two couples are the real target market. Not us members.

TBH, this is no more "unfair" than trying to book that elusive villa at your home resort right at 8:00 AM when your 11-month window opens. Someone will walk away happy. Someone is going to go on a waitlist or take their second choice. Our second choice for the night was going to be MK for evening EMH.

Hey to whomever didn't get a reservation today, I would try again when it opens to all members.... there was probably a limit on what they released today kind of like a concert pre-sale

AFAIK, we members do not pay for the Moonlight Magic events. DVD, the sales department, pays for them..

IMHO, one way or the other, DVC owners pay for it. There's a "member activities" line item in each DVC resort budget.

Hey to whomever didn't get a reservation today, I would try again when it opens to all members.... there was probably a limit on what they released today kind of like a concert pre-sale

I can tell everyone that didn't get in today that the man standing behind me to pick up his bands at Poly for MM at TL forgot to book during the pre-registration period because he got busy at work. He said he went online at 9am on the day of regular registration and was able to grab spots for his family of 5 with very few issues. I've also seen others on these boards saying they grabbed spots on that day. I hope this helps alleviate some of the stress.

IMHO, one way or the other, DVC owners pay for it. There's a "member activities" line item in each DVC resort budget.
That $ doesn’t pay for these events it pays for member activities at the resort such like the pool games, movies, etc
They collect dues from everyone and they cannot use dues $ to pay for events that they restrict resale members from attending.

Part of the issue was that our booking countdowns were all counting down according to the device time.. not Eastern time. So for the next go around, everyone might change your device temporarily to Eastern time.

Yup, had that same issue when I tried on my phone. It took me about 20 minutes to realize I could try my computer. Went on my desktop and got 1 ticket for 9/19. My confirmation email came through at 8:29 a.m. (my time)

I am so very sad, got up at 5:45 AM California time was working two computers when I finally got in it would not recognize my reservation number tried twice more and then it was sold out so sad spent 60 minutes on the phone with Disney that I did qualify but there is nothing you can do .i if anyone ends up with two extra tickets we would love it for anniversary message me b

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter