Moonpie's planning journal! I'm back from my Disneymoon!

Moonpie

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff
Hi everyone! My soon to be husband and I will be going on a Disneymoon in mid November, and my wedding will be here in California at the historical Mission Santa Clara De Asis in early November. I've already shared a lot of pictures but I thought it would be fun to put together one of these planning journals.

This is our Welcome bag...well, it's more like a snack bag for our out of town guests. It turns out that not very many of my fiance's relatives from the East coast feel like making the trip out here next month. :guilty:
wecomebag.jpg

We will be having about 2 little toddlers coming to our wedding between the ages of two and three. I put together a little gift bag for each of them.
kidbag.jpg

Last weekend I went for my second hair trial. These are the results...
hairybear1.jpg

hairybear2.jpg

These are our Guest book tags. I drew the acorns and leaves, and the old pictures are of our parents, and grandparent's weddings. The guests will sign them, and hopefully write something sweet on them, and then hang them on some pretty branches that we will have displayed in a large vase.
tags1.jpg

I'll post more another time! :wave:

I like you're gift bags. I'll be doing some for my DFTW. I love your hair! You seem to have a very Vintage personality! I love that! Your ring is perfect for the type of wedding it seems you're having! I think that's great!!! I love it when someone comes into my store and they honestly love that vintage flair! Well, I hope everything turns out perfectly for your perfect day! :sunny:

Steph11787 said:
Your guest book tag idea is really cute!!

Thanks! I figure that our wedding is close enough to Christmas so that I could take out our wedding tags and hang them on the Christmas tree every year!

So, I went to the florist today to discuss final plans, and types of flowers. I brought my fiance, and my mother, which may have just been too many people...with too many ideas....and while I know they do what they do out of love...I felt like they were pushing me to ask questions, or to make changes, and I like to be more layed back, and not pushy.

Anyway, here's what I originally tore out of a magizine, and showed to the florist. I want really natural, fall colored arrangments with citris fruits, kumkwats, persimmons, oak leaves, acorns....and all things rustic, and natural.
florist6.jpg

And here's what I saw today. The florist (which by the way is the cutest florist shop in the whole wide world!) layed out some flowers for me to look at, and choose.
florist4.jpg

I like that this florist is interested in doing some different things, like using vegetables in the arrangments, and fall leaves, and acorns in the boutoneres.
florist2.jpg

So I've decided to definately have renunculas (spelling?) and dahlias with berries, red and yellow sunflowers, and other accent flowers everywhere! I don't want roses, or anything that remotely looks like a tropical flower in these arrangments....is that too pushy to say? :blush: I like those flowers, but not with these other flowers.
florist3.jpg

We will also be having garlands made from oak leaves, and maple leaves drapped from the dessert table, and the guest book table. :) I can't wait to see how everything gets put together!

Everything looks awesome so far! Thanks for sharing!

BTW, where did you get the boxes for the welcome bags? It's a really sharp looking alternative to canvas or paper gift bags!

Brandi

I love your gift bags. I'll be doing the same thing for my DFTW since all of my family and some of DF's will be traveling. My future FIL works for Disney, so I'm hoping to have them pick up some treats for the bags. Good luck with all the planning. And you hair looks beautiful!

DVCGirl49 said:
Everything looks awesome so far! Thanks for sharing!

BTW, where did you get the boxes for the welcome bags? It's a really sharp looking alternative to canvas or paper gift bags!

Brandi

They are called Gable boxes and I got them from this site...
http://www.bagsandbowsonline.com//default.asp?
You can get gable boxes from other sites, but after doing a search I found that this was the best price...about $45 for 100 boxes. I also ordered crinkled paper filler for the boxes from there too.

Thanks for the support everyone! :blush: I'll post more pictures soon, but in the mean time I've got place cards to make, ribbon to tie, and paper cones to glue! :wave:

Okay...taking a break from procrastinating on my craft projects. :teeth:

We will be having three wooden cake stands sitting on top of one another with cupcakes displayed on them...carrot cake with cream cheese frosting cupcakes, and apple spice with cream cheese frosting cupcakes. They will be sprinkled with brown sugar crystals, and these cupcakes will each have one of these flags in them. I drew the leaves, and had my fiance double the image so that the flag is double sided, and then we wrote fortunes (like fortune cookies have!) and attached them to the flags. You can only see one part of the fortune in these pictures because the first part of the sentence is on the other side of the flag.
cupcakeflag2.jpg

At the top of the cupcake tower will be an 8 inch chocolate cake with mocha frosting. That layer will be dotted with edible pearls, and topped with this bride and groom. They are originally from the 1920's. I made the paper arbor they stand under. I drew some leaves and a bird, and made the image double sided, and then shaped some paper flowers around them that I bought on ebay. I've got them displayed flat on the table here...but they'll be standing up on the cake on our special day. :)
caketop.jpg

This is awesome your favors are great! I agree with you on the flowers and I love all the colors. That is what mine will be like I have to meet the the florist again the week to finalize everything but I trust her for the most part!

it's great to hear everything about your wedding! can't wait to hear more about all of your fun planning!!!

Great ideas! ONe of these days when I can break away from Disboards, I'll start some craft projects. DF says I'm addicted. But I say its more support and helpful information! :grouphug:

Moonpie said:
At the top of the cupcake tower will be an 8 inch chocolate cake with mocha frosting. That layer will be dotted with edible pearls, and topped with this bride and groom. They are originally from the 1920's. I made the paper arbor they stand under. I drew some leaves and a bird, and made the image double sided, and then shaped some paper flowers around them that I bought on ebay. I've got them displayed flat on the table here...but they'll be standing up on the cake on our special day. :)
caketop.jpg
The bride and groom remind me so much of what my grandparents had on their cake! My sister used them on her cake in 1984 and we were able to use them again when we celebrated my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in 1998!

I love reading about all of your plans and looking at the pictures. I miss the planning part of our wedding :goodvibes

All your planning looks like it's coming along great. I think I might have to "steal" some of your gift bag ideas...I really like that your wedding has a fall/vintage theme, those are two of my favorites! thank you for putting all your planning up, and I can't wait to see more!

Thanks so much for all your kind comments! I think I will post more!

Here are our programs for our ceremony. I drew the picture of the historic Mission that we will be getting married in, and my fiance scanned it on the computer and typed out the wording. I even snuck in a Winnie the Pooh quote! ;) Notice that we cut the little doors of the chapel open! My fiance thinks it might be too cutsie...but I don't think so.
program2.jpg

Here's what the back looks like.
program1.jpg

I've posted pics of my favors before...but what the hay! I'll post them again! I'm giving everyone a tin wind-up toy. Yes, we're a little nutty...but that just makes life fun...don't it?
favor5.jpg

Thanks for the support everyone! You're all so nice! :wizard:

Moonpie,

Your ideas are just so fantastic. You just have a genuine, and interesting vintage flair. I LOVE everything you posted. I wish I had your talent!

I sooooooo LOVE all your plans and your themeing is so wonderfully original.

OMG where's my invite I want to sample one of your Welcome Bags they look fabulous.

Oh and your hair is gorge - great trial :thumbsup2

ForKeeps said:
Moonpie,

Your ideas are just so fantastic. You just have a genuine, and interesting vintage flair. I LOVE everything you posted. I wish I had your talent!

That's very sweet of you to say! Thank you!

*sigh* The last couple of days have really been stressful at work (I'm a teacher...and I'm working for a very misguided district who loves to make lots of changes to our curriculum) so I haven't had a lot of time to do very much wedding prep...and time is a tickin' away! My wedding is on Novemer 4, Disneymoon on November 18! That's like........a really short time from now! Yikes!

Anyway, when I get another chance I will post more pics. Thanks for your nice comments everyone! :wave:

first off i love your theming and the craftiness, I can only hope that some of it will rub off on me :)

secondly, just out of curiosity what grade do you teach? I have 2 semesters left before my student teaching (Sec. ED English :thumbsup2 ) Dboyfriend and I are trying to figure out if we should try and do the wedding before or after I start teaching? :confused3 i'm hearing that if i try to plan a wedding and survive my first year of teaching i may end up like this :crazy: :faint:

any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated! good luck with everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter