Moonpie's planning journal! I'm back from my Disneymoon!

Moonpie - I just wanted to say thank you for posting your wedding re-cap and pictures. You looked amazing - I loved your dress, your hair, your decorations, your cake, everything! The look on your DH's face when he is looking at you - WOW! You can see the love and admiration he has for you in his eyes. Congratulations on your wedding and blessings for all the years to come!!

Moonpie, I just wanted to say congrats! I'm sorry I haven't had a real chance before, I've only been on a min here and there, and I've wanted to say so for a while now! Your wedding looked beautiful! I hope you have a great time in Disney World! Congrats, Again! :sunny:

Moonpie, you looked absolutely amazing in your dress! I loved it! And all your ideas were awesome. You did an amazing job with your wedding! Everything was great! Have a fantastic time on your Disneymoon!! :sunny:

Congragulations!!! OMG - Your wedding was so amazing...I love all your ideas!! Do you want to come plan mine :cool1:

You both looked beautiful - everything was magical looking

I just got back from my Disneymoon!!! I'll write a report, with some pictures later....but for now...

Our flight: Blehhh...United is definately not known for their customer service.

Our resort: AKL was great! Fabulous room! Fabulous concierge service! And fabulous in room dining!

The parks: Super crowded! But late nights were just perfect!

The food: Yummy! And just about every restaurant that we had ADRs at they knew it was our honeymoon and did something sweet for us!

The tours: Loved Sunrise Safari! Loved Keys to the Kingdom...CM Matthew was awesome!

The weather: Cold...ccccccccold!!!!! I bought gloves and a warm hat for my Florida vacation. :lmao:

Overall we had a great time...but I'll post details later! Gotta unpack, and nap. :wave:

Moonpie, wow I just read all about your lovely wedding! Congrats! It sounded amazing, it looked great, and you and your hubby look so happy! You looked absolutely stunning in your gown! I loved your theme and creative touches! Glad to hear your disneymoon went well. Can't wait to read all about it :)

Thank you so much! :teeth:

Okay....so I'll start a Disneymoon report...here goes...

Friday Night, it's not Disney...but it was the beginning of the honeymoon...the night before we left we went to a Dixie Chicks concert! It was great! I mean...as soon as we found new seats it was great! At first we were sitting in back of a few very rude people who refused to sit down even when the nobody else was standing...nobody in front of them...nobody in back of them...and I would be glad to stand up to see, but I heard the people in back of me complain...and as I'm a actual nice person I sat down too. Well, my husband taps these girls on the shoulder and asks them to please sit down...it's a slow song, and they're not even dancing...and one of them turns to us and says, "No way! I'm not sitting!" So, I say "We didn't come here to look at your butt the whole time...I mean if your butt were better looking...then maybe!" And we got up and my husband found us a great seat on the side of the stage so that we were probably about twenty feet from the Chicks! I had a great time after that!

Saturday is travel day! We got on our flight...United...it was first class. I gotta say that we heard so many unhappy people on this flight. So many families were actually seated apart from each other...and I mean small children sitting away from their parents...and the only response that they would get from United staff was, "Well when you get on the plane work it out on your own with another passenger." Anyway, the food was bad, even in first class, and the plane was old. But, we had our own DVD player in which we watched a vampire movie, and our seats were roomy.
When we arrived at the airport we were picked up by a limo from Happy Limo company. We were supposed to have a standard limo, but I guess the driver had just come back from a very large party and picked us up in a HUGE stretch lincoln navigator! It was so big! And even had two televisions with Chicken Run playing on them. It was fun, and nice to stretch out.
We got into AKL at around 11:30 at night! And the place was so quiet and empty! We were taken directly to our room on the fifth floor (concierge level). When we got to our room I loved it! But my husband looked a little dissapointed. He excused himself from the room to go down stairs. It turns out that he had previously arranged a flower arrangement and champagne to be in the room, and the Lodge had neglected to deliver it. So, after he talked to them two CMs delivered the orchids and the champagne, cheese, crackers, chocolate, mickey and minnie wedding plushies, and bride and groom ears to the room!
After that we quickly ordered from in room dining. They have a fabulous veggie burger that is homemade! And their french fries rock! It was so cool to eat so late at night (not so late for California time) and then walk around the almost empty resort!

Well, I'll tell more later!
This is us at the 50's Prime time. They had us recreate the feeding each other cake thing from our wedding. They gave us this cute cupcake as a honeymoon treat!
50sprimetime.jpg

The resort was decorated at about the third day we were there. It just popped up over night.
akl.jpg

The cupcake picture is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing- can't wait to hear more! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter