• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moose & Goose- The 5th anniversary is the Dis Trip Anniversary- Baby Update #2 5/1

If you’d like to know WHY I’m such an Olympics nut, I’ll be happy to tell you my spiel—I’ve only given it about 6 times this week to various co-workers and facebook friends.

So 7 wouldn't be too much to ask then.
Enquiring minds want to know!

LOVE the big bags of smaller bags of popcorn!

ummm.... what?
Big bags of smaller bags?

The Cinnamon Toast popcorn is my favorite! If you’ve never had it, try it!

Okay! I will.
It's on the list.

So… what do you do while your spouse is taking a survey? Take pictures of course!

Of course.

You can see the rain on the surface of the water.

I've always found it a bit odd that you can't really see rain in photos.

It was raining cats & dogs… guess we left the park just in time!

Cats and dogs! Living together!

On the way back to the room, I asked Moose what he wanted to do for dinner. He said… I don’t know… we’re wet and nasty…

:eek:

oh.

you were wet and nasty
You didn't do the....

nevermind.

When we got back to the room, we had some little guests.

Vermin?

I was close.

I walked up to the podium and asked if I could make a reservation. She said they didn’t do that- they take reservations from the phone service.

:laughing:
Now I've got this image from a movie or show or video I saw.
The person at the desk says they can't help the customer, it has to be done by phone.
So the customer argues for a while, gives up and makes the phone call.
The person at the counter's phone rings. He picks it up and helps the customer.

We both got showers and changed and laid around the room until it was time for our reservations.

Reminds me of a quote from Pretty Woman
Veg out?
Yeah. Be still like vegetables. Lay like broccoli.

Never been in Artist Point? Here’s a fuzzy picture:

Is that like fuzzy logic?

We were both spiffed up! Moose:

Very spiffy.

Me… ever the lady:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:
The very picture of elegance and refinement.

And picketed cauliflower, which I wasn’t sure about... but once I tried it I was sad I didn’t have more.

I assume that's not some culinary term, but a typo? Pickled cauliflower?

Moose ordered the baked Alaska (which they did not serve a flambé- and he was upset about).

I've never had one! Too bad it wasn't flambé, though.

I ordered the seasonal berry cobbler- which was raspberry… and homemade raspberry ice cream. Now—I’m sure if you like raspberries, this is delicious—and I thought that just the taste would be good… however I am NOT a small seed person- watermelon seeds don’t bother me… strawberry seeds don’t bother me… but raspberry seeds… OMG.. they are like torture on my teeth! So, I did not enjoy this- specifically because of the seeds.

Don't try a blackberry one, then. Unless it's strained properly.

After dinner we walked down to the beach and watched the end of the water pageant. It was a nice way to end our trip. Just us… on the beach, sitting together, holding hands, watching the water pageant.

Aw. That's really nice.
Great way to end.

Your last pic didn't work, so allow me.

20130905_213502_zps11381806.jpg

That’s what Disney is about right? Little moments like that, that makes great Disney memories.

::yes::

Thanks for reading along—I’ll have a recap and our “on the way home” chapter next weekend.
See ya real soon!

Sounds good! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Why do I love the Olympics? Let me count the ways.

1. (I have no photo online with which to prove this...) When I was in high school I held the Olympic torch when it went through my hometown. I happened to have a dentist appointment and when we got out of it, we realized all the roads were blocked... so we parked the car to see what was going on-- and saw a runner with the torch coming... so we followed them. They stopped, took some pictures for the newspaper and tv stations... and then because there were only about a dozen people there... and because I asked... they allowed me to hold the torch, get my picture taken with it and (unofficially) run a block with it. So I was an unofficial and unapproved torch barer for the day! It was AWESOME!

2. When I was little.... (4 to be precise) during the '88 winter Olympics my parents were watching the figure skating. I decided I could totally do that... so I went upstairs, got my blue galoshes on and put on one of my dress up outfits... I came downstairs, pranced around, jumped and twirled. So, my dad decided to be my announcer. At age 4, I was 22 year old Klonda Londa from East- West Germany and my special move was the backwards 18 point pike jump twirl spin. NO ONE could do that move as well as Klonda! (It also didn't hurt that it was totally made up.)
I was always twisting or spraining my ankles when I was little... and when I went to the ice rink found that my ankles were actually too weak to support me on ice skates- thus ending my actual Olympic career before it even REALLY started. :sad1:
During the opening ceremony (this year) I got about 5 texts asking if Klonda Londa was going to be performing at the Olympics this year. However, the last I heard she retired and went into obscurity.

3. I know many people say that world peace is not an option. But I point to the Olympics. How many times have the Olympic games gone on-- summer or winter... where there was peace?! While LOTS of people in the world are focused on Sochi- even those people who don't really care about watching the games at all and just grumble that they're missing their favorite tv shows... I believe that for 16 days (this year for the winter games)- or however long they go for... that for that small time frame you can have several people from all different countries- Russia, Canada, France, Sweden, Finland, United States of America... and the athletes are all living together peacefully. Have you ever heard of a fist fight breaking out amongst some of the athletes? No. (The Lapinski scandal was completely different and they were from the same country) You might sure-- but as far as I know there's never been an athlete or representative from another country try to physically hurt each other because they lost the bronze or the silver.
Also- for that brief moment of time, we get to know about each of the athletes-- not just the ones from our home countries, or home towns (Go Nick Goepper- US skiier bronze medalist- who is from about 25 minutes southwest of where I live).
I know about the Russian pairs skaters- Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar...what is up with them... they live together, have a dog together, they are a pairs skate team and they love each other but "aren't dating"... right... pah-leeze!

4. All I gotta say is: Cool Runnings Brotha! or the "Miracle on Ice"... these people train their ENTIRE lives for something that people have told them will never happen... maybe it won't.. but maybe it will. Maybe that no-name from no-where will qualify and no one expected them to make it on the Olympic team... and they end up winning a medal! I mean.. THAT is the dream! RIGHT?! HECK YEAH! The Jamacian Bobsled team didn't even know if they would have the money to go... and now they are there, training for their moment.. possibly on the medal stand! How cool is that! Going from not even enough money to get there to having a shot at a GOLD FREAKIN' MEDAL!

Lastly #5
Red, yellow, blue, white, green- every color of every flag from every country participating in the Olympics- at the beginning and the end of every games- hangs equally. We are all the same. No one is better than any other person or country. Sorry Putin- you are no better than any homosexuals. We are all created equally- even if you don't believe in God and don't have a "Constitution" which says so... we are all equal. Every one of us breathes air, bleeds if we are cut and cries when we are hurt... we are all born and we all die. No one is better than anyone else and the Olympics remind me... if not everyone.. of that. Yes, some athletes have sponsors like Wheaties or Coke or what have you (i.e. Shaun White and Apollo Ono) but they had to train and fight to get to where they are too. Usain Bolt grew up in a house with a dirt floor for crying out loud and HE'S GOT A GOLD MEDAL! It TRULY DOES NOT matter how much money you have... if you have a skating rink in your back yard or if you live in a country where it doesn't get below 40 degrees ever... you can still make it to the Olympics if that's TRULY what you want and you have the want and will to do it!

That is why I LOVE the Olympics. It's a dream for some of these athletes who've never been out of their country to compete. It's a dream for the parents who get to see their children maybe not medal but to even compete on such a stage- to be recognized for the achievements their children have surpassed.
It's a great accomplishment and I LOVE the Olympics.

I loved your Olympics rant and I can certainly see why you are such a fan. Back when I was a little girl the infamous Peggy Fleming was the figure skater of the date followed later by Dorothy Hamill. Am I dating myself? At any rate, who didn't want to put on their figure skates (real or imaginary) and go out and twirl on the ice. One year I even went so far as to try to make a rink in my back years. :rotfl2:

I love the Olympics too for many of the same reasons you mentioned. I feel so patriotic but more of a world citizen when I watch. I love rooting for the underdogs no matter what country they are from! (I'm still tearing up over the snowboarder from Canada who went over and hugged his brother with CP after he won the gold medal!)

Jill in CO

Yeah, we are Olympic watchers at my house, too. And for the same reasons that you mentioned. Thanks for giving us words for the feelings!

I love me some obscure Olympic events! Maybe not Curling... ;)

All, I'm sorry I didn't get to post last weekend. I have had a TERRIBLE cold... and add on to that that I'm pregnant, I can't take ANYTHING that would help it. It was the worst on Sunday/Monday-- I had no voice and a small temperature. :sick:

I'm finally getting to the point where I can have a full conversation without having a coughing fit. And I don't have to have a nap in the middle of the day to function.

I'm going to try my best to post a new chapter tomorrow. Hope you all aren't sick or feeling crappy. :sad2:

However, we're in for ANOTHER round of snow.... if we get the full 10 inches they are predicting that will make this THE SNOWIEST YEAR EVER for Indianapolis! :sad1: Seriously, the snowiest year on record for Indianapolis is 57.5 inches and we are currently at 52.2 inches. I am SO OVER this stupid winter. BRING ON THE WARM!

Take care all!

However, we're in for ANOTHER round of snow.... if we get the full 10 inches they are predicting that will make this THE SNOWIEST YEAR EVER for Indianapolis! :sad1: Seriously, the snowiest year on record for Indianapolis is 57.5 inches and we are currently at 52.2 inches. I am SO OVER this stupid winter. BRING ON THE WARM!

Take care all!

I hear you! Too much snow. Looking forward to summer. Did you see the announcement for MK open 24 hours on 5/23? Sounds fun!

Take care all!

I hear you! Too much snow. Looking forward to summer. Did you see the announcement for MK open 24 hours on 5/23? Sounds fun!

You can send the snow our way. It's keeps passing us by. Been exceptionally warm here for this time of the year and we've been in a drought for several years now. Our precipitation is way below average.

You can send the snow our way. It's keeps passing us by. Been exceptionally warm here for this time of the year and we've been in a drought for several years now. Our precipitation is way below average.

Should I send it via UPS?:lmao:

So, I tried to get on here about a month ago to post my last chapter... and forgot my password.
Fortunately, I found where I had it and was able to log in.
A little update for you...
I am 21 weeks pregnant... O.M.G. THAT GOT HERE FAST! So, I'm 2 weeks past half way (or so the doctor says).
We have an ultrasound on Tuesday where we are supposed to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. Which Moose is OVER THE MOON about! He's been anxious to find out since January.
I'm getting anxious and nervous.
This last week we put together our baby registry at Babies R Us. :)
So, I am getting some baby stuff done.
The room we'll use as the nursery is currently the guest room and is a peachy-orange color so we're just going to use that and put Winnie the pooh stickers on the walls. So- gender neutral, even though we're going to find out what it is.
So far I'm doing okay... but can't believe I actually have a person growing inside of me. I feel like I'm on an episode of the body snatchers.
Sick and tired (literally)... all the time. But doing okay.
Sorry I AGAIN haven't posted the last chapter... but just writing this has tired me out.
Thanks for understanding guys. Hopefully I'll have a day off at some point where I can get something done on here.
Take care!

Such an exciting time for you!:thumbsup2 Get some rest and get back when you can.

Yay for 21 weeks! :cool1: Congrats for making it half way! It's hard to keep up with with the DIS when you are focusing on the baby! Enjoy this time and just get back here when you can! We'll be waiting!

So, I'm terrible. Not only did I lose my password yet again and have to have a new one made... but then I had a baby and got completely behind. So, I'm VERY sorry for not finishing my TR... but a baby kind of got in my way. Please enjoy this fabulous picture of him as a consolation gift.
This is my son at about 3 months old. He is now 7 1/2 months... and is size 18 months clothes! Oh dear me he's a big boy... but that's what happens when you're born 2 weeks early and you're still 10 pounds and 22 1/2 inches long!

Attachments

• Tardisonesie.jpg
    Tardisonesie.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter