More Epcot entertainment cuts...Japan, UK, Italy...so far

they were expecting to be cut but not now, by the end of the year. Disney called the manager of the band and told them specifically this was because of shutting down to to COVID-19. My son played with them as a regular for 2 years and now was a sub for the past 6 months. There's a group of fans that will be there tonight for their last set
Mary Poppins at this point might not even happen

If there is any way someone can record or stream that I would love to see it. That has been my #1 required to attend Epcot show every trip for at least one set.

If there is any way someone can record or stream that I would love to see it. That has been my #1 required to attend Epcot show every trip for at least one set.
Brian from Streaming the Magic will be there tonight, live streaming on youtube. My son is not performing tonight but he'll be there supporting the band and I believe he'll also grab some video. I will be live streaming from MK until park closing

Brian from Streaming the Magic will be there tonight, live streaming on youtube. My son is not performing tonight but he'll be there supporting the band and I believe he'll also grab some video. I will be live streaming from MK until park closing

Thanks. Really appreciate the heads up.

I imagine HEA at MK won't have many dry eyes either. I can only wish we all, as well as WDW, come out of this "Happily Ever After".

Sergio in Italy just got the axe.🙁
Was that just released? I had read about the previous 2 and they will be missed.

On one hand, I understand why they need to make the cuts, but the what they paid these performers has minimal change to the losses they incur from being closed.
As others mentioned, unfortunately, these are probably not the last.

Was that just released? I had read about the previous 2 and they will be missed.

On one hand, I understand why they need to make the cuts, but the what they paid these performers has minimal change to the losses they incur from being closed.
As others mentioned, unfortunately, these are probably not the last.
here's his fb page where he confirms it https://www.facebook.com/ClownSergio/

Thanks - I just subscribed to his channel. I'm not a huge live streaming follower if it doesn't just pop up for me . . . if he's live streaming do I just go to his YouTube channel and I'll see it (and where do I find yours - I'll need my Disney fix tonight).

Thanks - I just subscribed to his channel. I'm not a huge live streaming follower if it doesn't just pop up for me . . . if he's live streaming do I just go to his YouTube channel and I'll see it (and where do I find yours - I'll need my Disney fix tonight).
yeah you go to the page and you will watch it live, after the stream it stays on yt like a regular video
For my stream it's the same channel name only on Facebook, link on my signature

I think the closure is going to last way longer than 2 weeks and they are planning how to deal with it.
I think they are trying to do the right thing by paying cast members during the shutdown. The shut down could span for months realistically.
Financially Disney is really screwed until this mess can get sorted out.
Hopefully, when things get back up and running they bring entertainment back.

Disney should reconsider this move. Especially with so much construction going on in Epcot, the live entertainment is so important. It was bad enough when Disney cut back on the themed and mood music around the parks. I don't think they realize how much the live entertainment helps in keeping the crowds down on the rides. With fewer shows, people will inevitably migrate to the rides.

I think the closure is going to last way longer than 2 weeks and they are planning how to deal with it.
I think they are trying to do the right thing by paying cast members during the shutdown. The shut down could span for months realistically.
Financially Disney is really screwed until this mess can get sorted out.
Hopefully, when things get back up and running they bring entertainment back.
these entertainment performers are not CM, they are 3rd party so Disney is paying them only for the next week and that's it.
If the shutdown lasts more than 2 weeks I seriously don't believe Disney will continue paying even their CM

Disney should reconsider this move. Especially with so much construction going on in Epcot, the live entertainment is so important. It was bad enough when Disney cut back on the themed and mood music around the parks. I don't think they realize how much the live entertainment helps in keeping the crowds down on the rides. With fewer shows, people will inevitably migrate to the rides.
And unfortunately this has been the trend for years now, just to name a few that have been cut in the last 10 years:
4 for a Dollar
Mulch Sweat and Shears
Hollywood Public Works'Fife and Drum'Off Kilter
World showcase players at UK and Italy
Ziti Sisters
Muppets Presents
Royal Majesty Makers
From the Epcot Holidays they cut:
Nutcracker story
Monkey King
3 Wise Men
Canada Santa

Is this a "we at WDW are continually making changes to keep things "fresh"(see Off Kilter) move and the Acts will be replaced as Off Kilter was or are these permanent cuts with no replacements coming?

I wonder how much longer Mariachi Cobre can hang on.

WOW-11,000 shows for British Revolution!!!!

I will really miss everyone who performed with them since 2011!

It was always a thrill to see them come walking down that sidewalk to start a show!

It was such a special "atmosphere" with British Revolution playing on the stage,Guests singing and dancing,children joyfully running through the Hedge Maze and sometimes the United Kingdom Cast Members would be standing in the doorways of their shops singing along!

The corner of Upper Regency Street and Tudor Lane will never be the same.

I am kind of glad I won't be there tonight-still haven't got over losing Off Kilter and this is another "blow",but I imagine I wouldn't be the only one "getting something in their eyes"!:)

Here is a picture of the 4 who probably played the most shows over the years.

And a picture of one of their very special fans!!!! :)

BRITISH REVOLUTION THANKS FOR THE FUN TIMES AND MEMORIES!!!!

9608960541_d2a07c2fcb_b.jpg

14710135794_cd69eff724_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter