More help with OKW room request!

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
Good morning! I went to complete our online check-in this morning for our arrival on Jan 2 and initially was planning on winging it as far as a room request was concerned. However, when I looked at the available options for requests, I freaked! There were sooo many!:scared1: I instantly became nervous that we would end up somewhere/anywhere we wouldn't want to to be, if I didn't put in a request. They were listed like this:

Request Old Turtle Pond Road Area
Request South Point Road Area
Request Peninsular Road Area
Ground floor
Request Miller's Road Area
Requests Dual Lavatory Entrances
Request Canal View Request Hospitality House Area
Request Fairway View

Can you experts give me a hand in figuring out Which area is best for us? The things I care about are:

What is the bus stop order? I'm used to SSR and requesting Grandstand for 1st pick up/drop off advantage.

Where can we fill our refillable mugs other than at/near the HH?

Are there hot tubs at the pools? Since it's Jan, I don't expect MUCH swimming, but the hot tub might be more important.

What rooms would have "dual lavatory entrances?" Is that specific to 1 bdrm units?

THANKS!!!!

Since this is a new resort to us, I'm in the dark!

Good morning! I went to complete our online check-in this morning for our arrival on Jan 2 and initially was planning on winging it as far as a room request was concerned. However, when I looked at the available options for requests, I freaked! There were sooo many!:scared1: I instantly became nervous that we would end up somewhere/anywhere we wouldn't want to to be, if I didn't put in a request. They were listed like this:
Request Old Turtle Pond Road Area
Request South Point Road Area
Request Peninsular Road Area
Ground floor
Request Miller's Road Area
Requests Dual Lavatory Entrances
Request Canal View Request Hospitality House Area
Request Fairway View

Need more info:

Did you book the near HH category or not?
What size room?
How many people? Adults/Children?
Any mobility problems?
Will you have a car?

Need more info:

Did you book the near HH category or not?
What size room?
How many people? Adults/Children?
Any mobility problems?
Will you have a car?

No, I didn't specifically book HH category

We have a 2 bdrm...4 adults (me, DH, DS20, DS18) and one child (DD9)

We do not have mobility issues and we will not have a car.

If you didn't get a HH room, I would go with Turtle Pond. We've stayed in that area twice. It is the second us stop. The quiet pool back there is great. It has a hot tub and playground. It also has a snack shop. You can get your mugs refilled there.

No, I didn't specifically book HH category

We have a 2 bdrm...4 adults (me, DH, DS20, DS18) and one child (DD9)

We do not have mobility issues and we will not have a car.

Since you said you like the first on/first off, I would pick Pennisular Road. That will also put you close to the mug fillup at the pool.

The dual entrances into the master bathroom means there is a entrance from the master bedroom plus an entrance through the laundry room. It's really only important if you have someone sleeping in the living room. They are only available in buildings 31 and higher. Buildings 30 and under only have an entrance to the master bathroom through the master bedroom. With a 2 bedroom, there's also the option of using the 2nd bedroom bathroom.

If you didn't get a HH room, I would go with Turtle Pond. We've stayed in that area twice. It is the second us stop. The quiet pool back there is great. It has a hot tub and playground. It also has a snack shop. You can get your mugs refilled there.

Is the snack shop open year round? I thought only in the summer.

Turtle Pond is my favorite but we always have a car.

Wow when I did online ck in for nov I didn't have near that many options.

This is the first report I've seen of DVC-specific room requests. Perhaps these were added in the most recent system upgrade.

Wow when I did online ck in for nov I didn't have near that many options.

That's why I was so shocked and figured I'd better pick something!

Anyone know the order of the bus stops??

Also, where is the ferry to DTD? I don't see it on the map.

Has anyone walked to DTD? We've walked several times from SSR, but All ears says not to walk the OKW path at night.

Anyone know the order of the bus stops??

Last time we were there, it was Penninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Miller Road, then the Main Building. I remember one time staying at the Turtle Pond area, and the bus filled up at our stop, so the bus driver went directly to the park from there, bypassing Miller Road and the check-in Main Building.

...Also, where is the ferry to DTD? I don't see it on the map.

Has anyone walked to DTD? We've walked several times from SSR, but All ears says not to walk the OKW path at night.

The boat to DTD is at the Hospitality House. The path to DTD is not lit at night, so you don't want to walk there.

Were coming in on Jan.5 and requesting Pennisular Road, first bus stop and short walk to boat transportation and Olivias.

There are only two bldgs that are NOT HH bookings at Pennisula road....slim pickings, I'd give them a second option.

There are only two bldgs that are NOT HH bookings at Pennisula road....slim pickings, I'd give them a second option.

Hmmm...thanks for the heads up. We have 5 families traveling together. I don't want to confuse anyone! :lmao:I think I will leave it up to the DVC gods at this point.

Hoping for pixie dust!

Make sure that they know all the reservation numbers of those that are traveling....hope for the same building or group of bldgs. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Three - 27, 28, 29. I stayed in 28, wasn't crazy about it because of the trees right in front of the balcony. It made the room dark and there was virtually no view. But it was convenient to the main building and bus stop.

Make sure that they know all the reservation numbers of those that are traveling....hope for the same building or group of bldgs. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Yes, we have our reservations linked with a travel plan number. So, hopefully we will all be near each other, regardless of the location.
Three - 27, 28, 29. I stayed in 28, wasn't crazy about it because of the trees right in front of the balcony. It made the room dark and there was virtually no view. But it was convenient to the main building and bus stop.

Thank you for the info! I'll report back and let you know how it turns out--we're off to spend NYE/NYD at those "other parks":rolleyes: Checking into OKW on Jan 2nd.

Happy New Year!!!

Ohhhhhh, enjoy the HP ride for me...my all time fav ride in any park...they hit a home run with that...nothing in the new fantasy land compares...perhaps Snow White mine ride when it's finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter