Most awful thing you saw at the park?

My awful story is just sad. I Dad beatig the tar out of his little girl for dropping her soda on him.

Made the happiest place on earth the saddest in seconds. It was over in 5 seconds , but I have never since seen a child hit so hard.........

If it had not been over so quick I would have intervened.

That is very sad indeed. And I am sorry that happened to the child. Sounds like the father has anger management issues. I hope he seeks the help that he needs,otherwise that child or someone else may very well end up seriously injured or dead.

Last years visit, and the end of the night shopping on Main Street. Outside the Emporium, someone had parked a stroller just outside the doorway with a toddler inside. The poor thing was alone, screaming bloody murder - a parent nowhere to be seen. Aside from a few concerned glances, most people were just walking right by, like it was a normal thing. I browsed inside the store, keeping an eye on the child the whole time. I was about ready to notify a CM, then finally saw the Mom (i'm guessing) walk out of the store and tend to her. I don't know how long that poor baby was there before I happened along, but it was almost 10 minutes that baby was alone. It was easily the most disturbing thing I've seen at the park. WTH is wrong with people? :sad2:

In 2007, my hubby and I were in line for POC (still outside where the line splits) and these two couples started getting into it verbally with each other using all sorts of foul language. One of the guys threw a pinch at the other so both the girls stepped in. Only, one of the women had a baby (probably 12-15 months old) in her arms that she laid on the ground so she could start fighting too. Literally, baby on the ground just feet from her parents in a fist fight with other people. All the people from that side moved over to the other side and stepped over the gates but no one wanted to get involved because it was a very violent fight, so they child stayed on the ground. It took forever for someone to find a CM to get security and by that time the guys were still fighting but the mom had retrieved her baby. I still can't believe that happened.

From some of the stories in this thread, it's quite obvious there are people out there who don't know how to act and should probably just stay home.

I've only been to the parks twice and have luckily never witnessed anything I'd describe as "awful" at this point.

The 'awful' I've seen is more of an 'ick'.

Waiting in line for GRR. A long line on a hot day in May. We had Ds's GF with us on her first ever trip to DL. We notice the person in front of us spitting chewing tobacco into a clear Coke bottle. So, non-stop spitting sounds and the accident-scene pop bottle full of major ick. The kicker? The spitter was a middle-aged woman there with her pre-teen daughter! Pretty disgusting. Guess we should have just been happy she had the 'decency' to spit into a bottle rather than directly on the ground.

And for the people who change diapers in public places - where do they wash their hands when they're done?? :sick:

Mabel67 said:
And for the people who change diapers in public places - where do they wash their hands when they're done?? :sick:
You're funny! As if someone changing a baby on a table is worried about cleanliness. Wouldn't that just be the kicker? "I'm going to put poop where you eat, but I've got to wash my hands afterwards."

From my solo trip last May:

A mother was in line ahead of me with 3 boys. The CM put them in a queue for the next boat, and the little one began screaming at the top of his lungs and crying. This went on for a couple of minutes. There was another single rider in the queue for another seat on the same boat, he stepped back and quietly asked the CM if he could wait for the next one as the mother seemed dead set on riding Pirates and was doing nothing to quiet her child. The CM agreed and the guy stepped back a bit. The boat arrived and the kid freaked out and ran toward back toward the entrance, mom followed. We all shrugged, figuring she would take him back to their room to get some sleep, it was nearly 10pm, after all. So the single rider guy went ahead and got on that boat and it went away. I was now at the front of the ride queue, so the CM put me in the line that the mother and boys had been in and we waited for the next boat. All of a sudden she returned with the kid still screaming, she had a death grip on his wrist, and pushed her way in front of me, back where they had been. The CM looked at me, I told him it was okay, I'll wait for the next boat, she got on with her kids and the boat whisked them away, still screaming.

Children have limits. We should respect those limits.

My kid all of a sudden and inexplicably freaks out on carousels. Only on the animals but not seats. Doesn't freak out on roller coasters or other rides, but pretty much just carousels. Use to love them too. Would shake the pole once it stopped in hopes that it would start again. Then once I saw a little freak out and a demand to get off once it started.

Right now I can get my kid on the horse just fine - all smiling and happy while it's stationary, and it's either tolerable or maybe a little complaint once it starts moving. It's really odd too. It's something about the speed. Put the kid on a pony at a county fair, and that was fine. I'm hoping this is just a phase.

My son started freaking out over carousels all of a sudden as well. Will not ride on a horse but is fine with a bench. So odd.

we saw poop. :scared:

we were in the GHC on an upper level towards the end of the hall the farthest away from the elevator. We stopped in the Ice vending room closest to our room, and there in the corner was a ...well, pile. We could only think that a guest was racing back to their room for a poop-mergency that needed to be conducted in private (and hopefully with a pack of matches nearby), but didn't have their room key and had to resort to Plan B. (but jeeze...how about alerting the desk, it could be done anonymously!)

We let the front desk know and they were very gracious in helping us 'un-see' what we saw by means of a discount/dining credit. There were some other things that went awry on that trip (a speciality cake was ordered and charged, but never delivered. Then they sent up milk and cookies to the room to make up for their oversight, but it ended up leaving one of my son's in tears because what they sent up wasn't allergy friendly for him, so it was 'hey tired little boy...look at these yummy cookies you can't have!!!'), so that combined with the pile-sighting led to the discounts. (I can't say what it would have been worth a la carte.)

For me it was definitely the mother that let her little boy pee into a bottle in line. They were right in front of me and I couldn't believe she wouldn't take her son out of line to use the restroom. It was a very short line too. :rolleyes2

Thankfully in all my trips to Disneyland that has been the worst of it.

That is rather gross, not to mention rude and crude! But it could have been worse , it could have been a grown man. :faint:

Maybe it'll get a chuckle after some of these very sad/upsetting stories, even though it still can't be unseen... On our last trip, we were in line with the kids for BTMR & one of the male CMs had apparently put on a pair of the ladies' Fronteirland shorts.

Not only that, they were way too small. And there's no way he was wearing underwear.

His :banana: & walnuts were so terribly smooshed & outlined in those too tight, wrong cut shorts, that I HAD to give another CM a tip that that guy needed to change.

I do NOT know what was up with BTMR that time, because the little threshold you go under when you first enter the queue? Not one, but TWO sets of birds were mating, right on the sign.

Spring had sprung! lol

My husband & I still can't think about that ride without giggling like 12-year-olds.

Jeez, guess I'm lucky. I've been to each park 3 times in my life, and the worst thing I've seen was a little girl in line in front of me for Mickey's Death Wheel that threw up. Not out of fear or anything. She was fine one minute laughing, then just threw up. They got a CM then took her right our of line.

It was gross, for sure, and smelled bad. It made me a little nauseous. But beyond that, the CM's put little cones around it and re-routed the line, and we got on and carried on with our day.

MissMichigan said:
Jeez, guess I'm lucky. I've been to each park 3 times in my life, and the worst thing I've seen was a little girl in line in front of me for Mickey's Death Wheel that threw up. Not out of fear or anything. She was fine one minute laughing, then just threw up. They got a CM then took her right our of line.

It was gross, for sure, and smelled bad. It made me a little nauseous. But beyond that, the CM's put little cones around it and re-routed the line, and we got on and carried on with our day.

Protein spill

ive never been to DL, but when we were at DW, we overheard these little girls ask their mom why she was in a wheelchair. she quickly said "shhhh! you dont want to wait in lines, do you?" :crazy2:

On one of our trips I witnessed a middle aged obese woman cursing and swearing at a mom of 3 little ones for taking her stroller into the handicapped stall in the washroom. She had 2 sleeping in the stroller and one toddler who needed assistance. It made perfect sense to me, but this lady cursed at her because the stall is for handicapped people. Now I can't say for sure that her only handicap was obesity, but from what I saw she wasn't really handicapped as much as she was just to overweight to be on her feet. In my opinion having three little kids is as much of a handicap as being overweight!:confused3

BCDISNEYFANFAMILY said:
....In my opinion having three little kids is as much of a handicap as being overweight!:confused3
I'm overweight AND I have three kids so I feel qualified to share my opinion: I think having 3 kids in a bathroom is WAY more of a handicap than being heavy (now, as you eluded to, she could have issues we know nothing about, or be in great pain, but I'm thinking her biggest handicap was her nasty attitude).

Yes, that and she really had to go potty, I would imagine.
If she could have fit well enough into one of the other toities, she should have gone there instead of making a spectacle of herself. Regardless, the woman that displayed a fine example of how not to behave in public, especially around young children, should have shut her mouth. And in more ways than one, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter