• Akershus

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Beaches & Cream

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Other, because there's always an other...please comment

Votes: 45 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of those in the poll, hands down BOG. I just don't get the appeal at all. Others not listed, Via Napoli. We had horrendously awful service there and the pizza was mediocre, at best.

California Grill...when we went, service was awful

Every time I've been there the service has been exceptional!

Ours was Skipper Canten. We expected our waitress to be in character and nothing. Food was fine but really went their for staff experience.

I liked the atmosphere and the service there, but I thought the menu selection was too small. I only kind-of liked what I got and felt like I over-paid for it, even by WDW standards.

I chose Beaches and Cream because it is apparently a difficult to get ADR. I’m sure it’s fine, but they serve the same Edy’s ice cream as many other places in Disney. You can get unique, house made ice cream at the nearby Ample Hills or L’Artisan des Glaces.

I voted for BaC too, because it is really just burgers and ice cream, which you can get at other places on property.

Its interesting everyones least favorite is anothers favorite.
For us BoG. Love the theme, and the food isn't bad, just doesn't live up to the hype.
California Grill is still a favorite, never had a bad meal there.
Monsieur Paul, had a fabulous meal there in October.
Le Cellier a nice steakhouse, over priced and too crowded.
Other Citricos, the food was average at best, nothing memorable for the price or location.

On our last trip I was going past Le Cellier and took a picture of the menu an prices and a man joked why are you doing that. I answered truthfully well I take picture of menus every trip and I remember when Le Cellier was one credit and the food was good. After our last trip I dumped this place off of our must east list. The food was over salted, they seem to have no idea on what rare means, and they seemed to be irritated as hell when I sent the steak back as being overdone and when it came back it was the same steak and was now well done instead of rate. Our 1st 2 trips the food was incredible and I mean good. I will admit I am from Kansas City and we know barbeque and steak so I may be a little harsh on the review but when my then 14 year ordered her steak rare the waitress tried to talk her out of it.

Every time I've been there the service has been exceptional!

We waited close to 30 minutes for water. Then our appetizer and main course came out together. And when we mentioned one of the sides was literally inedible, the waitress just shrugged.

I’m really surprised to see the hate for Ohana more than I would expect. I research reviews on restaurants from multiple review sites and Ohana generally gets very positive ratings. And considering how difficult it is to get ADRs there they must be doing something right. I guess I will see first hand come this March. We’ve only been there for breakfast character meal. I remember it being good, but not exceptional. But the atmosphere and seeing the joy on my son’s face getting to interact with the characters made the experience overall positive. I never expected exceptional food at any place we ate, so my expectations were low, and I ended up being surprised more than disappointed. Maybe that’s the key. Go in with low expectations, and then even when the meal ends up being average to good, it makes it seem that much better.

I said other and I actually have two. Sanaa and Jikos.
Other than Chef Paul's we had the worst service we have ever had at Disney at Sanaa. Took over 2 hours for the meal, we watched two tables turn over twice while we were there. Had to even wait after signing for the bill for our cc to come back. My food was just so-so, my then DIL had to actually return hers and my son only ate half his and had to return his drink it was so bad. We were excited about eating there because I had heard how good it was and they had a similar place in Chicago they ate at least once a week.

Jikos was just o.k. Which would be fine normally but we paid almost close to $200 for a just o.k. meal. The service was o.k. nothing great, nothing bad. We both had a wine flight and an entre. I asked for a white wine flight and my son a red. Two of the wines in my white flight were the same two reds in his red flight. Seriously, the place makes a big deal about their wine selection and put two reds in a white flight? Had we known that they would have been the same, we would have just gotten one flight and I would have ordered a glass of white. We had no appetizers (we had had those at the bar and already paid for them, which was great by the way) and no dessert. We don't mind paying for a meal, we spent $750 at V&As for the two of us and it was totally worth it, but for wine and two entres and it just be o.k. nope. My son got steak and didn't even eat it all because he said it was steak. I got the fresh fish which was actually pretty good considering I'm not a huge fish eater.

My vote is for Liberty Tree Tavern. The first meal I had there, maybe 8 years ago, was amazing. Since then I've ate there maybe 6 times and left disappointed every time except the last (probably because of my lowered expectations). The main reason I list LTT as the most overrated is because I have not had a more disgusting inedible food item on my plate at Disney than at this establishment. One fall season several years ago they had a broccolini side item that was rancid. It either wasn't prepared properly or was just a horrible recipe. The waitress even warned us to leave it off the table because of the feedback. That item should have been taken off the menu and replaced within a week of the negative response. I'm glad it only lasted a season.

OMG really LTT...I just made an ADR for 6 adults while we are in MK...grandsons are history buffs and I thought each room representing a person from back in the day sounded neat....i don't expect 'Flying Fish' food but just something decent...

OMG really LTT...I just made an ADR for 6 adults while we are in MK...grandsons are history buffs and I thought each room representing a person from back in the day sounded neat....i don't expect 'Flying Fish' food but just something decent...

LTT is on par with most in-park TS restaraunts. The food isn't anything special, I would say a little below Garden Grill. The atmosphere is pretty cool. The wait for your table is...... exhausting.

I voted CRT and other. Being in the castle isn't worth the super-rushed experience, the 3 seconds with each character, or the waitstaff plopping down your desserts before you've set your dinner forks down. Not to mention the price tag, or the signature status for food that would be mediocre for one credit.

My other would be Crystal Palace. The staff there was the most passive, useless group of CMs I've ever encountered and they let a handful of rude guests trample the experience for everyone. From waiting in a ridiculous line to check in for a post-Wishes ADR while listening to families check in over an hour late because they didn't want to miss the show to keep their ADRs and watching them be seated before us, to being told we'd be charged if we didn't wait the over an hour for our table thanks to all these latecomers, to having to dodge children coloring and playing hopscotch in the aisle between tables as we went to/from the buffet, to having strangers' kids in almost all of our character pics because the handlers were busy chatting with other CMs or just flat-out ignoring the kids who just couldn't wait their turn, our last visit was a terrible experience all-around.

Chef Mickeys... tried twice, both times were long waits, mediocre food (even by WDW buffet standards), and average character interaction.

Ours was Skipper Canten. We expected our waitress to be in character and nothing. Food was fine but really went there for staff experience.
Our waitress was in character, and some was good, but the pork looked like school cafeteria processed meat with fake grill marks and BBQ sauce slapped on it. Won't be back

Ours was Chefs de France. DH has spent a lot of time in France (his company's headquarters was there), so he was really looking forward to French food. Unfortunately he was very disappointed.
One and done for us. Do NOT get the hype.
And we really liked out dinner there a couple weeks ago. The beef roast here was loads better than Chef de France. And we waited about 20 minutes after ADR for our table. On Dec 30th-I booked the ADR that day on ME from airport! In fact my DH and I liked it so much I have an ADR for June when we bring kids with us.

On the list have only eaten at BOG for lunch and its been a few years. Thought it was good for a QS that allowed you to sit down and have food brought to you.

I don't understand BOG. While I am not a fan, I do feel you get what you paid for. On the other hand, Ohanas is typically a hit or miss and you pay a lot of $$$ for it. The same with Le Cellier.

For us it was TuskerHouse breakfast and BOG lunch (but liked breakfast )
Flying fish and chefs de france

Flying fish and chefs de france

Flying Fish is the only restaurant at WDW where I got legitimately bad service. My food was bad too...I ordered a fish dish (that was supposed to be their signature dish) that had the fish wrapped in some sort of dough (philo, maybe?). The dough part was burned. Also, for a starter we got the cheese plate, which was later dumped on the table with no explanation from the server as to what each cheese was. And no card explaining either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter