Most Overrated things people rave about at WDW

3. Test Track 2.0 I LOVED the original. Would ride it over and over again as a single rider. I still LIKE the ride but the sequel just doesn't come close for me. From the time killing car design, which affects the ride in NO WAY, to the doing away of the hot/cold section this updated version is a disappointment for me.
I was very disappointed with this. Before my trip this past Dec, I had not been to Disney in about 15 yrs. I loved TT then, but this time around was just meh. I missed the crash dummies and the heat/cold test. I was SO glad my husband and I decided to do single rider and only wait about 10 mins vs. the 75 min standby. Then I would have been REALLY mad!!

For me I felt the BOG food was overrated. My turkey sandwich was fine, but nothing special. I was disappointed in the master's cupcake. I had to eat the icing separate because the chocolate cake overpowered the grey stuff. Again nothing was BAD, just didn't live up to my expectations. I am glad we went though to experience the theming.

Also the avocado margarita at epcot. I enjoyed it but I just didn't taste the avocado, which was what I was looking forward to.

Yes!! What is up with the wait time at Peter Pan??? It is always so high yet I never hear anyone say they actually love it and look forward to it. It never makes sense to us.

It's an above average dark ride with broad appeal that happens to load slowly, so the line gets backed up quickly and stays that way. I like it and look forward to it, but we only do it at rope drop or with FP.

Here's the thing about Peter Pan:
  • It's based on one of the original (1955) Disneyland dark rides.
  • It's the only one of the original era dark rides left at the MK. (DL still has Mr. Toad and Snow White.)
  • Even when it was brand new, it was unique among the dark rides by being a suspended ride, letting you fly over London.
  • It has a new interactive queue that will bring in repeat visitors who haven't seen it previously. (This is the prime reason it's on my list.)
Granted, in this day and age of simulators like Soarin' and suspended coasters at Six Flags everywhere, the technology of a very tame, suspended ride isn't impressive to most people. But between the nostalgia, the uniqueness, and the new queue, it's understandable why it's popular.

Well poop. I'm planning a first family DW trip and everything I have on my "to-do" list has been hit at least once in this thread. I guess we will just roll up in the parking lot and just camp out there. Well, unless somebody says the parking lots are over rated.

I know... I'm kidding. I'm just wanting my kids to feel that same magic I felt 30 years ago even if I know the pirates will never get the cell keys from that dog.

I'm heading over to the under-rated thread to find something that will get us out of the parking lot. :teeth:
I wouldn't take things here so heavily. I dont live anywhere near WDW so when i go i do EVERYTHING and love it all. are some things better than others? Sure! but you should still plan on doing everything you think your kids will love!

Dessert parties. We've always gotten a free, good view of Wishes. How many desserts can you actually eat.
My BOG dinner was not good. Was it pork roast? It was mostly fat.
Buffets. I'd much prefer to order my very own meal.
7DMT. But we aren't the target audience.

Also the avocado margarita at epcot. I enjoyed it but I just didn't taste the avocado, which was what I was looking forward to.

Hint: Ask for it to be made with Triple Sec or Cointreau instead of the melon liquor and you will get much more of the avocado flavor. That's what I do. Sometimes they try to talk me out of doing it that way, but I assure them that I want it that way.

I had never heard about the Avacado Margarita until speaking with a cast member and they suggested it. It was good and different but would have preferred it being half the size... it was just too much.

Towel animals.

Yes, they're cute. They give me a quick smile. And then I go on to enjoy my Disney World vacation.

Fantasmic. My 8 year old loved it. My wife, 13 year old son and I were all thinking "we didn't go back to the room for this?"

Fantasmic!
Table service meals
Disney transportation
All the fireworks shows
All the parades (except AK's - I loved that one)

We are visiting in May after very lengthy absence so I'm not sure what I will deem to be overrated, but i am encouraged to see a post with so many shows and parades. I feel a bit of "You have to see the [x] show/parade/Fantasmic/fireworks!" pressure from people I have spoken to, but for me at DLR, they are just a welcome people vacuum away from the rides I want to go on! Staking out a spot - Ewww! I will stop fretting about how I really should try to work them in.

But I LOOOOVE those Dole Whips!

We are visiting in May after very lengthy absence so I'm not sure what I will deem to be overrated, but i am encouraged to see a post with so many shows and parades. I feel a bit of "You have to see the [x] show/parade/Fantasmic/fireworks!" pressure from people I have spoken to, but for me at DLR, they are just a welcome people vacuum away from the rides I want to go on! Staking out a spot - Ewww! I will stop fretting about how I really should try to work them in.

But I LOOOOVE those Dole Whips!

We were thrilled to find the line for Dumbo completely nonexistent when it came time for Wishes - and as it turns out, we were actually REALLY close to the fireworks anyway :)

You can find rides and meet characters and eat at any park, restaurant, or fair much closer to your house too. Why go to Disney World at all then? Heck, you can see videos of the rides at home and have food delivered, why even leave the house then? If your vacation dream is to sit in a theme lark with 50k people waiting in line for everything for a week or more all day every day, hey go for it.

Pretty big stretch there bud. Campfires, movies, and bike and boat rentals fall somewhere between not at all different from what I can do at home to barely enhanced by Disney at most. But Disney's parks are significantly different than most parks around the country. There's a reason why so many people flock to Disney every year. And trust me, it's not because of campfires, movies, and bike and boat rentals.

1) Dole Whip – I can never finish one, too sweet and it upsets my stomach lol.
2) Tiki Room - every year I'll see at least one family break into a sprint rivaling that of a professional marathoners towards the Tiki Room, and every year I am as confused as ever.
3) Epcot – I love the World Showcase, but that's about it. And we never finish it either; someone always has too much to drink in Germany and then we head home. Also found out this year that the golf ball is not actually a golf ball, shocked and upset. Apparently this is general Disney knowledge, so I guess that goes to show how much time we actually spend in Epcot lol.

I would definitely say Boma Restaurant. While the restaurant itself is beautiful and the food was tasty, it's not worth $42. The desserts were above boxed dessert qualify but definitely below anything you'd expect to see for $42. I knew I wasn't getting deluxe Cheesecake Factory dessert, however, for $42 I felt like I should have! If Boma had characters from Zootopia in the future, or something animal related, now that would be a cool experience.

LOL! I wouldn't want to go to Boma at all any more if it became a character meal. I know that the food would be dumbed down too. But to each their own.

I wanted to add Epcot Future World. We are done with that area in less than half a day now. It's pathetic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter