Mousecellaneous - a thread to share non-DLP related posts

Thanks for the link to the history page. However, I'm pretty well versed with the history of the park, I am looking more for individual experiences from the early 90s or how people would compare the park to the American parks (do they still incorporate elements of European culture into the Disney stories?) If anyone has any thoughts they are more then welcome to PM me. Thanks in advance.

Where are my manners :o Hi eric888 and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

Hello everyone...it's been a long time since I last posted here.

Last time I was wondering if to book the SeqLodge or the New York for this Dec, for 5 days ! WELL........:rolleyes1 ..many things have changed....the first one is that this trip was a gift from my parents, who would pay for the trip in US $...which at the moment is NOT the best way to pay for a holiday to DLRP. It's great when it's a gift, but as I saw the $ and € exchange rate change so much...I really did not want my parents to spend more money than what I had original planned months ago !
So..I decided to plan a trip to Orlando to WDW, but for NEXT Christmas ! It's still over a year, but there is so much plannng to do ( and money to save) that I am really looking forward to all the plannning.

I would love to go to DLRP and that does not mean that sooner or later we won't go again to DLRp. For sure after the trip to WDW...since after that trip I'm sure we won't be able to afford another one for a very long time.:sad2:

I have already booked a wonderful villa at Indian Creek ( thanks to a DIS member's advice)..and have to only think about which nice hotel for the first 4 days before going to the villa .

Thanks again for all of you suggestions and I will keep reading this board in order to be "up to date" on what's going at DLRP. It's a way of " travelling" in my mind with all of your trip reports and photos !!

All the best to all of you for this holiday season ! :santa:

So..I decided to plan a trip to Orlando to WDW, but for NEXT Christmas ! It's still over a year, but there is so much plannng to do ( and money to save) that I am really looking forward to all the plannning.

I have already booked a wonderful villa at Indian Creek ( thanks to a DIS member's advice)..and have to only think about which nice hotel for the first 4 days before going to the villa .

What a lovely gift from your parents :goodvibes

Would love to hear more about your WDW plans :)

Hi Martina :goodvibes
Have fun planning!!
Have you booked the villa yet? Let me know ;)

Martina, sorry that you won't get your Christmas DLRP trip, but really glad to hear about the WDW one, I'm sure it will be a wonderful holiday. :goodvibes

Okay folks it is time to provide your sightings and if possible photographic evidence of any hidden Mickeys that you have seen at Disneyland Resort Paris.

So what is a hidden Mickey?

They started out as a joke by Walt Disney Imagineers who would hide images of Mickey Mouse in attractions, resorts and rides. The image takes the form of a silouette
Mickey_bullet.gif
or a profile view of Mickey Mouse :)

Now it is much debated but the common agreed definition is that the silouette should be one large circle (that forms the face) and two smaller crcles (representing the ears) and they should be in proportion.
Therefore three equal circles would not constitute a hidden Mickey.
Just come back from Dinsney florida and all the pin badges our daughter collects often had hiddden mickey's on there too! She would search everyone to find one to swop!

Hello everyone,
Thanks for your great reviews and photo's. I want to book lunch here...someone mentioned a reservation line? Does anyone have the number please? I want to book before we go in a couple of weeks so we are sure of a reservation.
Thganks in Advance!
Zoe.

I BOUGHT AN APPARTMENT!!! On Wednesday evening! And yesterday I went to the bank for my loan, and everything was set in less than half an hour.

It's in Brussels, 3 streets away from my parents (where I live now). The appartment itself is 82 m² + has a 40+ m² attick (I can make a duplex-appartment out of it) and also comes with a small "room" in the basement (comes in handy for my golf equipment) and a parking spot in the underground garage.

It has a large income hall, a decent-sized kitchen (fully installed), a nice living room, a HUGE bedroom and 1.5 bathrooms. The building is less than 10 years old, so everything is very very new compared to most buildings in our area that are 70+ years old.

It's on the 4th floor (5th if you're American) and has a nice view over Brussels (not as nice as my currnt bedroom's view, but nice enough).

It'll take 3-4 months before the administration is finished and before I can start painting/ decorating/ ...

So now I have to start thinking about the real important things: what colours to use, what kind of curtains I want, how to include Mickey Mouse as much as possible without it being tacky, how to transport all my collectibles without them breaking, ...

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Wow what a great Xmas present to yourself :goodvibes

By the time all the administration is done, I think it'll be Easter, but it's a great present anyway!
I also received a great "Sinterklaas" present from my parents, they gave me about 4* the sponsoring they initially said they would give :cloud:

Good news, Sandra. :goodvibes
We had some fantastic news this morning - my daughter has passed her 11+ exam. Awww, heck, why be modest - she STORMED it! The range of marks are 69 - 141 :-)confused3 weird, I know). A pass is 111 or above and she got 137. We are so chuffed with her.:banana:

Wow, two lots of congratulations!!! :goodvibes

Well done, Sandra, it's a wonderful feeling when you buy your first home! :thumbsup2

Well done, hildasmuriel's DD :cheer2: :cheer2: what a great score, you should be very proud of yourself!! :cheer2:

Thats great news Sandra, I bet you can't wait to move in:goodvibes

Also congrats to hildasmuriel's DD on a fab acheivement:yay: How times have changed I remember when you didn't get your 11+ results until March & you never knew what you scored.

I bet that 5 weeks dragged!! :scared1:

Our local children won't find out until March, and then they only get told their results if they fail to get into the grammar schools. If they are offered a place then they will only know that they are above the pass rate.

I have just been to see this and may i say, that my 35 year old synical brother who hates disney generally.........

rated this film as brilliant!!!

My 7 year old niece barely said anything as she was literally enchanted.

But for all you Disney nuts out there this is a must see several times film there were so many references for hardcore disney fans to spot i was in my element

Their best film for years!!!!:thumbsup2

I want to see Giselle on lunchboxes with Belle and Cinderella from now on.

Just moving this :thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing this next weekend.
The level of in Disney references will appeal to a number of levels :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter