Movie Review: Make Mine Music

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
I finally completed all 51 of the Disney animation features. The only film I had not seen was Make Mine Music, so I thought I’d write up a review.

Movie Review: Make Mine Music (1946) is one of the 6 straight “package films” released by Walt and the boys in the ‘40s. This one features 10 distinctly different musical shorts. While none of them flow together, they all have a classic Disney feel. They’re rich with vibrant colors, wonderful sounds and might teach a lesson or two. My favorites are the big band sounding “All the Cats Join In” featuring Benny Goodman which is a look into daily lives of teenagers from post-World War II and Casey at the Bat recited by Jerry Colonna who was a comedian of the era. During the period, Disney lost many animators to the draft and the company was called upon to aid the U.S. Government by producing training and propaganda films. The studio didn’t have the resources to concentrate on full length features so they released these “package films” which combined shorts shown back to back. I liked the movie and it held the interest of my 6 and 3 year olds. 3 musical notes out of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter