Mrs. Darling's June 2010 Accidental PTR: Pirates and Harry Potter 6/30 TR Link posted

As we head to the final countdown for our trip I figured I'd let you get to know our cast a bit better. Let's start with the youngest of the Darling Clan. That is Michael

JJslide.jpg

Here he is at his beloved Washington Nationals baseball park playing in the kid's area. He came into being right around the same time the Nationals did and went to his first baseball game at the Nationals old stadium during their first season. He's been a die hard fan ever since and he's convinced that by the time he's old enough to play for the Nationals they will be one of the best teams in baseball. Both Michael and the Nats have a ways to go;)

Michael's favorite Disney park is:

Image042.jpg

Though you couldn't tell it from this picture:rotfl: This suprised me a bit. I think it is because he had such a great time there with the Star Wars stuff last year.

His favorite rides are:

04-caution_sign.jpg

and

Peter-Pans-Flight-00.jpg

He is a Darling after all;)

His favorite Disney restaraunt is:

DSC00650.jpg

Chef Mickey's! He's not going to get back there until next January at the earliest though. I didn't want to attempt the chaos of Chef Mickey's without DH and in October we have other plans!

His favorite Disney character is:

Image378.jpg

He' always such a nice puppy!

His favorite Disney moment:

Image045.jpg

Image048.jpg

No question here. All he talked about for weeks before the trip was hugging an ewok. We even had a special shirt made that said "I want to hug an ewok." He just hung on and wouldn't let go. It was one of my favorite Disney moments too:goodvibes

And when asked what he was looking forward to most for the upcoming trip he said, "The Pirate Cruise" which is the Albatross Pirate Cruise at the Beach Club. I have no pictures of that, but here is a shot of the beloved Beach Club.

disney09002.jpg

And that is Michael:goodvibes

I bet Michael will love the pirate cruise! I loved reading about the Nationals. Jack just got into baseball because this is his first year playing little league. He honestly still doesn't get much of it, but just the fact that he's interested is enough for my DH (a lifelong baseball fan). My kids love Chef Mickey's, too, but I don't blame you for not wanting to go there on your own!!!

I'm so glad you'll get SOMETHING in terms of a perk at HP for staying on-site at Universal. No matter what it is, it'll help you get to see what you want to see. I'm interested to see how you like the Royal Pacific - that's probably where we'll stay (assuming we get back down south in the next few years...) when we go see Harry Potter.

Phew! Finally all caught up!

Can't believe your trip is almost here!!! So glad you were able to rebook Ohanas. We really enjoyed our dinner there on our trip.

Loved reliving the marathon trip again! I want to do that someday!!!

Great idea with the individual segments on each family member...nice getting to know Michael better!

Good luck with the final preparations for your trip! It will be here before you know it!

Aww I loved the re-cap of Michael! He is just a doll---seems like he loves everything that my son loves!! :goodvibes

And if I go by London time it's even sooner right;)

Lol, you would be right yes. How many hours behind are you guys?

Loving the intro to Michael. He is such a cutey and I remember reading about your Star Wars recaps in your TR. Such a wonderful time, I remember smiling reading along thinking awwwwwwwwww :cutie:

I bet Michael will love the pirate cruise! I loved reading about the Nationals. Jack just got into baseball because this is his first year playing little league. He honestly still doesn't get much of it, but just the fact that he's interested is enough for my DH (a lifelong baseball fan). My kids love Chef Mickey's, too, but I don't blame you for not wanting to go there on your own!!!

I'm so glad you'll get SOMETHING in terms of a perk at HP for staying on-site at Universal. No matter what it is, it'll help you get to see what you want to see. I'm interested to see how you like the Royal Pacific - that's probably where we'll stay (assuming we get back down south in the next few years...) when we go see Harry Potter.
My DH is a lifelong baseball lover too. He loves that Michael is so into baseball. Our oldest son (John) likes soccer more. Which DH loves too so it all works out. Michael has played t-ball for the last 2 years and loves it. I'm excited about the Royal Pacific. Reports are it has a similar vibe to the Poly. I hope we get a chance to try out the swimming pool.

So my sister posted this link on my facebook with all these pictures of WWOHP. As if you're not excited enough, take a look at these! Ahhh we can't wait to go. I am so jealous but can't wait to hear what you have to say about it. :banana:

ETA: Oops, might help if I actually post the link. Here ya go!
http://www.insidethemagic.net/photos/album/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter/page/8/
Oh those pictures look so awesome! It is so fun to start reading reports and seeing pictures! I think Harry Potter is what I'm looking forward to the most on this trip!

Phew! Finally all caught up!

Can't believe your trip is almost here!!! So glad you were able to rebook Ohanas. We really enjoyed our dinner there on our trip.

Loved reliving the marathon trip again! I want to do that someday!!!

Great idea with the individual segments on each family member...nice getting to know Michael better!

Good luck with the final preparations for your trip! It will be here before you know it!
I was happy Ohana's ended up working out too. It sounds like too much food, but I at least want to try it once. And you should definitely plan on trying the half one of these days! It's so fun to see the characters as you're running along.

Loved the spotlight on Michael! He's such a cutie! :goodvibes
Thanks. He's definitely a keeper!

Cute spotlight! :thumbsup2
Thanks. I need to ask my other family members their questions so I can get those up too.

Aww I loved the re-cap of Michael! He is just a doll---seems like he loves everything that my son loves!! :goodvibes
Michael is at a really fun age. Still very much a kid and has that kid enthusiasm for life, but is relatively independent. I love it!

Lol, you would be right yes. How many hours behind are you guys?

Loving the intro to Michael. He is such a cutey and I remember reading about your Star Wars recaps in your TR. Such a wonderful time, I remember smiling reading along thinking awwwwwwwwww :cutie:

I believe we're usually 5 hours behind, but it changes sometimes depending on Daylight Savings time. That Star Wars trip really was a great one.

So its mid afternoon there now then, its nearly 8pm here. Where does the day go :)

Your Star Wars Weekend looked like so much fun, am hoping that we can go one day when we get over our fear (or rather my) of crowds!

So its mid afternoon there now then, its nearly 8pm here. Where does the day go :)

Your Star Wars Weekend looked like so much fun, am hoping that we can go one day when we get over our fear (or rather my) of crowds!

My computer say 3:07 pm right now. That means when you fly over to FL you get an extra 5 hours in Disney World right? SWW is tons of fun, but it is also tons of crowds:scared1:

Love the Michael spotlight! My 6 year old is planning to play for the Yankees so maybe he and Michael will play against each other....:lmao:

Amanda

Love the Michael spotlight! My 6 year old is planning to play for the Yankees so maybe he and Michael will play against each other....:lmao:

Amanda

Oooh the Yankees are not so well liked in our house. My DH is a lifelong Dodger's fan and I guess there is some rivalry there that goes back to before my DH was born and the Dodger's were in NY:confused3 However, I think the Phillies may have taken over the Yankees spot. We went to the Nats opening day game this year against the Phillies and you wouldn't believe how obnoxious those Phillies fans were. They spent the whole game booing the poor Nats. They honestly acted like a bunch of bullies. Come on. The Nats are the worst team in baseball (Don't tell Michael that:laughing:). We've been to Orioles games against the Yankees and of course the stadium is full of Yankees fan and of course they usually beat the Orioles good, but they never act like that. Anyway totally off topic. Don't tell DH, but if your DS is playing for the Yankees I'll cheer for him unless he's playing against Michael;)

My computer say 3:07 pm right now. That means when you fly over to FL you get an extra 5 hours in Disney World right? SWW is tons of fun, but it is also tons of crowds:scared1:

Yeah we do, although the flights out of the UK always have us arriving late afternoon and by the time we get to the resort its evening :(

He is so sweet. I love that HS family pic. That will be so funny to look back on when he is a teenager and adult! :rotfl: And the Ewok...what a magical moment. :love:

Hi Jenny :wave2:

I finally had a couple of free evenings to sit down and enjoy your PTR - every time I saw you post on Angie's TR I thought I have to get over to your PTR before the Darling's actually go on their trip :lmao:

It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned, some favourites, some relax time, some new things :thumbsup2

I loved all the looks back, from Wendy's magical morning at DL up to Michael and the Ewoks, and of course your marathon weekend (still trying to figure how to work one of the marathon weekends into our plans some year!) :goodvibes

I'll do my best to pop in a few more times before you go and I will be very excited to read the TR when you get home!

He is so sweet. I love that HS family pic. That will be so funny to look back on when he is a teenager and adult! :rotfl: And the Ewok...what a magical moment. :love:
Michael can get a tad impatient when things aren't moving fast enough. That is why he's a bit pouty in the HS family pic. All he was thinking about was hugging an Ewok and the picture was getting in the way of that:laughing:

Hi Jenny :wave2:

I finally had a couple of free evenings to sit down and enjoy your PTR - every time I saw you post on Angie's TR I thought I have to get over to your PTR before the Darling's actually go on their trip :lmao:

It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned, some favourites, some relax time, some new things :thumbsup2

I loved all the looks back, from Wendy's magical morning at DL up to Michael and the Ewoks, and of course your marathon weekend (still trying to figure how to work one of the marathon weekends into our plans some year!) :goodvibes

I'll do my best to pop in a few more times before you go and I will be very excited to read the TR when you get home!

Hello my old friend! It's good to "see" you. If you can I highly recommend trying to work a marathon weekend in one of these years! The parks are so uncrowded and the weather isn't hot. Though this year it was too cold:confused3 Thanks for stopping by:goodvibes

Just a quick fly by. I finally heard from my sister-in-law about their plans. Sounds like they are basically just going to drop my niece off and pick her up. Of course I would love to spend a bit of time with them, but now I don't have to worry about working them into my schedule. So that is the bright side;)
Also today we went on another "family training run". This time DH came along and we did 3 miles. All of the kids did pretty well though Michael especially was pretty tired. I think he's definitely sticking with the Mickey Mile in January. Wendy and John are contemplating the 5K. We'll have to see what they decide. Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day!

I can finally say it. THIS MONTH I GO TO DISNEY WORLD:cool1: I can't believe June is actually here! Anyway on to today's spotlight.

This is John Darling

DSC01551.jpg

Obviously he is a Cub Scout and this is his induction at his first pack meeting (thus the paint.) He loves Cub Scouts and soccer. Here is a picture of John dressed for soccer and Michael ready for his t-ball game

DSC01536.jpg

John is my true Disneyphile. He's the one that really gets the Magic and understands why we go back over and over. I really think John will always have a special place in his heart for Disney even when he's an ornery 16 year old boy;) He's such a nice little guy that it's hard to imagine him as an ornery 16 year old, but it happens to the best of them. Anyway John's favorite park is

Image036.jpg

What else would you expect from a true Disneyphile:goodvibes

John's favorite ride is

DSC00371.jpg

Spaceship Earth. Though he tells me it may become Mission space after he tries it out this trip. (We'll be sticking to the Green side though)

His favorite restaurant is

DSC00390.jpg

The Garden Grill. We'll be visiting there this trip. I'm all over those character meals that aren't buffets. Much more relaxing.

Favorite character:

Image348.jpg

Absolutely no contest on this one. Donald is his Duck!

Favorite Disney Moment

Image506.jpg

During his Jedi Training he was going after Vader pretty hard. The Stormtroopers stepped forward to protect Vader and John did a force push. As you can see that sent those Stormtroopers right back to their places. John talked about this for days!

John is most looking forward to the Pirate Cruise and the Pirate's League. Once again no pictures of that since we haven't done them yet, but the Pirate's League is right next to here

IMG_0366.jpg

So this photo will have to suffice for now.

So that is my darling John:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter