Multiple Magic Bands on same trip?

Yup and I take multiple, in case one glitches out or gets lost. I always have one they sent in bag just in case room won’t work with my older ones.

I have 20+ .... I have deactivated most but still have my choice of colors and designs. I keep some in FL house (never know when you have to scratch itch), have some in my car and rest at home.

I usually wear two (coordinates of course) to parks.

So style away! ::yes::

There's actually nothing "on" the band other than a code that links to your account. That's why you can switch bands so easily. As long as they're tied to your account, they all access the same information.

The long-range RFID requires a battery and that battery is good for approximately 2 years. This is the one that identifies you on a ride when it takes a photo or for any future systems that want to identify you when not using a touch scanner. Touching your band (i.e., scanning into the parks, scanning for payment, scanning for FP) doesn't require a battery so you can use one that's quite old and it will still work for that but anything that requires long-range scanning won't. That's why you can use a card instead of an MB to do the touch scan.

I used an old MB (version 1.0) that was about 4 years old to scan for DME at the airport (since have to pick our MBs up at the hotel) and it worked fine. After that, I used the new MB 2.0 for the rest of our trip.
That’s genius!! We’re bringing old bands to reuse this year for the Halloween party but I never thought of using it to scan in for MDE! Thanks!

Agree with everyone that already posted. We just used 2 sets up n our recent split stay. The magic band connects to your mde.

A slight redirect: I can certainly attest to the finger scan requiring the correct magic band to connect to the correct profile. On a continuing ed trip to Orlando without the family while we had APs, I grabbed the gray magic band from our drawer, because of COURSE my wife never had a gray magic band, only I did. So when I got to the front and Mickey kept flashing blue, they sent me over to guest relations. I was quite annoyed at this failure of technology until I handed the band to the cast member at the window, and he very politely says, “I think this is your wife’s band,” and he showed me my wife’s name written clearly on the underside. So...I used a replacement card all day instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter