Multiple Myeloma, updated 1/26/11

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
They say that God cannot give you more than you can handle.....I really wonder about that statement and am having real questions lately..

I try to be upbeat for all of you, you all know I lost my beloved Tom on October 1....truly one of the great husbands and friends and people are grieving that loss and will for some time..

But it seems his wife.. me has to put her grieving on hold and get into the battle herself with this blood cancer called multiple myeloma....not even sure I am typing it right... the pain is bad in my arm as the liquid tumor is on my neck and so yesterday I walked the halls of Mass General where my loved one walked and had my first treatment of Radiation.....the same radiologist who he adored....and now I am in the battle myself...

There is no cure, it is chronic, there will be tests and more tests,chemo, bone marrow biopsy one is done., now that was not fun... but I ask you this.....keep my family who is in a mess in your good thoughts....they lost their Dad, they are worried about their Mom and I am taking it the best I can.. At times my typing with be erratic as the nerves in my right arm are affected by this tumor... '

Remember this.. all of you here.. life is precious, take your time, smell the roses, do good and love each other... you just never know where life will take you.. I will be in and out but will check in... please stay safe and healthy...

Best,
Marsha

Oh Marsha, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers every day :hug:

I am so sorry to read this news. You are in my thoughts :hug:
My father was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2004. It started with back pain that never got better. His doctor did a lot of blood work, which the biggest indicator was apparently his calcium level. There was a new type of chemo released to MM patients in 2005 and that made him feel really good for a few years. The radiation helped with the pain. I trust you have the best doctors. Learn all you can. There is a MM foundation that is VERY encouraging and very informative: http://www.multiplemyeloma.org/
Take good care of yourself :grouphug:

Marsha, :hug:
I have followed your posts here and you and your family have been in my prayers. I don't know how it started really, but one day I was reading a lot of the posts here and my DD12 asked me what I was doing. I told her I was reading the DisBoards and she asked if I was reading about WDW (again ;)) I told her about this board where people share about some of their life experiences and that I pray for them every night. I have a whole list of people who I keep in my thoughts and prayers. The one thing I've come to realize in life is that even though we all have our sorrows to bear, everyone else does too. It gives me peace in my own life to recognize that and to pray for others, even if we don't know them IRL. She asked me to share the posts with her. She has started to pray for a lot of people on here too. She attends a Catholic school and they have prayer intentions each day before lunch. She has prayed for many here at school, where the rest of the class does then too. She is our little spiritual leader at home as well, a true angel.
You have been one of those she prayed at home and school for. Please know that when you share this, the prayers multiply in ways not even known.

We hear over and over that God does not give us more than we can bear, and more and more, even through my faith, I feel so heavy about understanding this. Life just seems so unfair at times. I am so sorry to hear about the Multiple Myeloma. I hope your pain can be managed and that you get the best care possible. You fought so hard with Tom, now it's time to fight on behalf of yourself. You are a true warrior. I will be praying for strength for you. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers each day.
Your words of wisdom are beautiful and touching and help to put the meaning of life in perspective. Thank you.
Take Care of yourself! :hug:

I followed your journey with your husband. I was inspired by your courage and strength. I was impressed by your ability to put others at ease. I am sad to read that you will now be fighting your own battle. I believe you have the ability to be as positive for yourself as you have been for so many others on this board fighting their own health battles. Stay strong - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take Care.

Marsha,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hate to say but sometimes God does give you more than you can handle! Hang in there and know that we are all thinking of you. And please take REALLY good care of yourself, especially this time of year when there is so much going around. I know you already know this but make yourself the #1 person in your life now.

No words...Just lots and lots of prayers and :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Marsha:hug:
I am just so sorry to hear this. You have been through so much with Tom, your dd and now yourself. You have been a source of strength, encouragement and compassion for all of us, so now its our turn to pray for you, lift you up and encourage you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you battle the beast. Its so true about life being precious, since my dx I never take anything for granted either and do strange things like stared at ants this summer. I know God does now give you more than you can handle and I know you can do this. I pray that alll those who take care of you will show you kindness and compassion, that your pain might not be too hard to handle and that you will get the best treatment possible. Also stop by the breast cancer sistas thread on the cb, they adopted me and are also a great bunch of people with lots of strength, encouragement etc. Blessings to you always.

Marsha, I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this... and your poor family too. Life is indeed very cruel at times. You took the time during your battle with Tom to offer me support on my journey with Miles and his pancreatic cancer, even when times were so tough for you - and I know that I am certainly not the only one who has felt the benefit of your positive and supportive messages.

I am not a person of faith, but I do believe that we all have people looking out for us and supporting us along our way... we both have our very recent additions to the angels looking down on us. Please know that you will very much be in my thoughts as you once again fight the vicious beast.

Much love to you and your family,
Amanda and Hayley :hug:

When I first heard this news my heart sank to my feet. It is unbelievable to me that you are stricken with this horrible disease, after you fought the fight with Tom side by side during his battle.

I am here, I only wish I was closer to your physical location...

Your words to live for today are the truest words one can speak. Nobody knows the future, and I thank God sometimes that we do not....

Hugs to you Marsha from me, John and the girls... :grouphug:

Marsha, I'm so saddened to read that so soon after losing your beloved Tommy that you are in your own fight. You and your family have shown your strength and I know you will get through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marsha, I am so shocked to hear this terrible news.

I shall be thinking of you and your family.
Koala cuddles to you:hug:

The title of your post, Marsha, caught my eye. And although I don't know you I just wanted to share my deepest sympathy to you for the loss of your husband and for your diagnosis. I wish I could hug you and tell you that it will all be okay. Cancer sucks...what else is there to say about it!

In 2004 my mother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. We all wondered how, why, what is this, what's gonna happen next??? Fortunately we live in one of the greatest medical cities in the world...Rochester, MN...home of the Mayo Clinic. Although my mother passed away a year later in 2005 (she developed a severe and deadly form of pnuemonia) we were encouraged by the clinics research and of the advances of the treatment of MM. I met a woman who had lived with the disease for over 12 years!! The doctors would tell us that they couldn't cure it but they could certainly treat it. I don't follow-up on the disease as much as I used to but within the last year I know I read that the clinic had received some major funding for more research and they are hoping one day to find a cure. It won't take your pain away but hopefully you'll find that to be some encouraging news.

Good luck...wishing you a positive outcome and sending many prayers your way.

Marsha,

I'm at a loss for words. Although I don't post often, I followed your journey with Tom, and am so sorry you have to fight the battle yourself. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please, when you're feeling up to it, keep us posted.

Kathy

You know that you and the girls, and their families, are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you're having a wee bit of trouble praying at the moment...I know I would if I was in your situation...so we'll take care of that for you. This is just crappy. You have to wonder who's in charge up there!

Marsha - I am so sorry to hear this news and will continue praying for you as you battle the beast.

Oh Marsha :sad1: I don't pop over here too often, but I had read about your post with regards to Tom and his amazing fight and now this, such a terrible thing I read. You don't deserve any of this.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your fight and will keep you in my thoughts.

:hug:

:flower3: Marsha, just wanted to let you know thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!! Blessings to you always.

Just saw this. I am over here sporadically-followed your journey w/Tom. There are no words. Will just keep you and your family in my prayers.:hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter