Multiple reservations at Oga's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t blame someone for doing something when they aren’t breaking a rule. For as long as Disney allows it, if it’s not OP doing it, someone else will. Your problem is not with OP it’s with Disney. Same deal as how DVC members walk reservations. If it’s allowed, how can you blame someone for doing it.

You can’t blame someone for doing something when they aren’t breaking a rule. For as long as Disney allows it, if it’s not OP doing it, someone else will. Your problem is not with OP it’s with Disney. Same deal as how DVC members walk reservations. If it’s allowed, how can you blame someone for doing it.

Just because you can do something doesn't make it right.

I don't care what people do. I just don't know why they insist on posting here about it.

The website says lunch starts at 10:05 so you might not be able to get the breakfast drinks by 10:30.
My husband agreed to get to HS as early as we need. I just can’t find an earlier ADR now. I’ll keep trying to modify. We are doing evening drinks the week before. Really want to try the coffee drink!

I don't care what people do. I just don't know why they insist on posting here about it.
Yes, that was pretty much the whole issue. The whole day they opened up the ADRs, the site was a mess. People were able to finally get reservations. Yay, I'm happy for you. Then, the posts about getting multiple reservations started coming in, while (I seriously don't think people are THAT obtuse) KNOWING that there were a LOT of others who had spent HOURS on the phone (on hold), their APP (watching the millennium falcon), or their computers, (also watching the millennium falcon), only to come away frustrated and disappointed.
There's no need to justify it, or let everyone know you plan to use it or drop it or post it on the cancellation board. There's also no need to tell everyone you KNOW don't have any how many YOU got.
(and yes, I have 1. - ONE)

When the food & wine special events are finally available for booking the same thing happens. People sharing their joy at getting the events they wanted. I’m thinkomg this is much of the same.

The notion that is is somehow wrong to have multiple is silly. We all had equal access. I am there for three weeks. I want to visit more than once.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the server asks you for your drink orders (limited to 2 drinks per person) at the beginning, but only brings one at a time, the receipts are time stamped and they don't want you moving to a different space in the bar, everything is closely monitored. That's at DL though, but I would think some things apply here as well. I would guess they politely ask you to leave when you hit 45 minutes. ??? I'm trying to figure out how we'll each drink 2 alcoholic drinks so quickly! LOL!
CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!! 🍻 :P

I know, I saw that yesterday!!!! Yes DL was $75. My guess is $80 for WDW *if* they have an increase (the beer is all like $1.25 more a glass).
CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!! 🍻 :P
if I remember correctly from my bar days, the first one you tend to drink fast then the second one you tend to drink a little slower therefore if you like one better than the other, drink that one second.

I know, right? It’s not like there is anything stopping them from “knowing” which day they will be HS. We only do one day in each park tops when we go and guess what? We pick a day. It’s not hard.

I am not a hoarder, but the above doesn’t hold true for everyone. I lay the problem at Disney’s door.

When making FP, I make the most important ones first, and my park days are determined by which days I can get which FP. Here’s the problem - you can’t make FP until 60 days out, and by 60 days out, the odds of getting a popular ADR are slim to none. If you go the reverse route, you get the Oga ADR at 180 for a Tuesday during your ten day trip only to find the only day you can get that elusive SDD FP is on Thursday, when you have that elusive BOG ADR scheduled. Do you drop BOG and do two DHS days? Do you forget riding SDD and keep the ADRs as is? It’s a planning nightmare.

Disney has set it up so you almost have to choose between dining or riding if your goals are to hit the most popular spots. I don’t agree with hoarding, but I understand why some people feel they are forced into it. Although I know it would probably cause Disney’s computers to spontaneously combust, it would be nice if you did everything at the same time, so you really would know for sure you could get FP and ADRs for the same park for the same day. Disney needs to make some modifications and until they do, people will do whatever is necessary (within the Disney rules) to plan their trip.

I am not a hoarder, but the above doesn’t hold true for everyone. I lay the problem at Disney’s door.

When making FP, I make the most important ones first, and my park days are determined by which days I can get which FP. Here’s the problem - you can’t make FP until 60 days out, and by 60 days out, the odds of getting a popular ADR are slim to none. If you go the reverse route, you get the Oga ADR at 180 for a Tuesday during your ten day trip only to find the only day you can get that elusive SDD FP is on Thursday, when you have that elusive BOG ADR scheduled. Do you drop BOG and do two DHS days? Do you forget riding SDD and keep the ADRs as is? It’s a planning nightmare.

Disney has set it up so you almost have to choose between dining or riding if your goals are to hit the most popular spots. I don’t agree with hoarding, but I understand why some people feel they are forced into it. Although I know it would probably cause Disney’s computers to spontaneously combust, it would be nice if you did everything at the same time, so you really would know for sure you could get FP and ADRs for the same park for the same day. Disney needs to make some modifications and until they do, people will do whatever is necessary (within the Disney rules) to plan their trip.
What is stopping you from making a plan and going with it though? I actually don't believe Disney is setting you up to choose between dining or riding. If you're bypassing a ride because you couldn't get a FP for it--that's on you. On vacation we all make priorities. We made 3 ADRs for 3 out of our 5 WDW park days and wouldn't you know it I was able to make those ADRs AND plan my FPs and when I couldn't get the FP I wanted I dealt with it. That was my personal touring plan.

In a way the flexibility to change might become the hinderance. If say Disney made it so you couldn't change your plans (and no I wouldn't want that in the least) and you got one chance to make a booking for a FP or an ADR I suspect people would end up dealing with it even whilst disliking it.

Disney isn't tell you to make multiple reservations with no intention of keeping them all. That's all on people doing that and honestly sometimes the DIS and other sites like this make people feel like they only have 1 choice when in fact it's not the only one to make.

Software-wise no there isn't a block. But that is different than Disney telling you to do it. How is it that some people can make plans and stick with them OR they deal with the idea that no they can't get a FP when they tried to for SDD and others use the rationale that they can't possibly figure this all out. The truth is you can but you may not want to because it's not your personal preference and while no one can truly argue against a personal preference that doesn't mean it won't leave you open to people discussing it.

Wow - as the OP I can only say I'm glad I come to this board when I need some information. I'm always thankful when the moderators and the veterans share their knowledge and experience. The posts on this board have helped us plan amazing trips and create great memories. On Wednesday morning I saw that Oga's was open for ADRs and logged in to MDE to take a look. Within a few minutes I had two reservations, knowing that once I made FPs I would cancel one of them. This is how I have planned ADRs for years. The only thing I noticed was not being able to make them on MDE - being redirected to the Disney website. I had no millennium falcon wait time, no dropping available times, and really posted to see what everyone thought would happen once we get inside GE. Some of these comments have been really condescending and nasty. I am surprised people posted comments calling others hoarders and expecting those who made ADRs to explain themselves or apologize. That's just a shame. Thanks again to those who moderate these boards and all who share their knowledge and experience. I do hope everyone gets some time inside GE and remember... in a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Wow - as the OP I can only say I'm glad I come to this board when I need some information. I'm always thankful when the moderators and the veterans share their knowledge and experience. The posts on this board have helped us plan amazing trips and create great memories. On Wednesday morning I saw that Oga's was open for ADRs and logged in to MDE to take a look. Within a few minutes I had two reservations, knowing that once I made FPs I would cancel one of them. This is how I have planned ADRs for years. The only thing I noticed was not being able to make them on MDE - being redirected to the Disney website. I had no millennium falcon wait time, no dropping available times, and really posted to see what everyone thought would happen once we get inside GE. Some of these comments have been really condescending and nasty. I am surprised people posted comments calling others hoarders and expecting those who made ADRs to explain themselves or apologize. That's just a shame. Thanks again to those who moderate these boards and all who share their knowledge and experience. I do hope everyone gets some time inside GE and remember... in a world where you can be anything, be kind.

I'm not sure anyone begrudges the "extra" ADR. It was more about excessive hoarding of ADRs--I believe a person made 6 ADRs with 4 people in each ADR and planned to hold on to them until they got closer to their trip yet only attend ONE of the them.

I booked multiple reservations that I intend to use. One is for the day I’m doing SWGE solo. The next is for the day my entire party is visiting. And the third is for my next trip in December.

But I still see no issues if someone wants to visit multiple times in one trip. To each their own. When we first discovered Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian we went 3 times in a week.

I also don’t see the issue in someone choosing to book 3 or 4 reservations and only use 1 or 2. The capacity of the restaurant is finite. If they use them Disney will make money, if they don’t, they’ll collect the cancellation fee and a walk up or last min patron will grab that spot.
Because they are tying up a spot that could go to a different guest, just so their fp choices line up. Its bogus...multiple ones in your case are ok, youre using yours,youre not holding them to
Why is that "not cool"? Isn't that how planning works? ADRs are available before FP window for all dining experiences. I know we have made ADRs for character meals and then canceled them or rescheduled based on the FPs we were able to get. Oga's is listed as a dining experience so the same booking requirements apply. People book multiple hard to get dining reservations and then cancel every day - that's why we check regularly for things we want and why people here checked back and were able to get the ADR they wanted. Just because it's Oga's doesn't mean people are hoarding or humble bragging - don't we get excited about every ADRs we get? I'm jazzed the we have GF Cafe, too :)
If youre going MULTIPLE times, fine...but booking a bunch just to see if they fit with your fast passes isnt cool. I really dont care if someone thinks Im wrong.I got my one ADR,on my planned HS day,and Im ok..
I will try to line my fast passes up, but as a SW fan
Alderaan, Yavin IV, Endor, Courscant, Tattooine, Jakuu, Bespin, Chandrilla, Dagobah, Geonosis, Hoth....I could keep going lol 😂
You're in!!!🤣🤣🤣

Just booked 2 for January.....one for me and a friend and one for DH
My problem is I don't drink alcohol or sugary drinks (diabetic)......so not sure what I will be getting. Friend wanted to go and not go alone, so I said I would go

Mm
My problem is I don't drink alcohol or sugary drinks (diabetic)......so not sure what I will be getting. Friend wanted to go and not go alone, so I said I would go
I hope you and your friend enjoy your visit. 🌼

I don't drink either, nor am I am fan on non-alcoholic fruity drinks (I'd rather eat my calories!!) but I'll be going along with my group and just take in the sights of the place while they have their drinks.

Because they are tying up a spot that could go to a different guest, just so their fp choices line up. Its bogus...multiple ones in your case are ok, youre using yours,youre not holding them to
If youre going MULTIPLE times, fine...but booking a bunch just to see if they fit with your fast passes isnt cool. I really dont care if someone thinks Im wrong.I got my one ADR,on my planned HS day,and Im ok..
I will try to line my fast passes up, but as a SW fan
You're in!!!🤣🤣🤣

All bolds added by me.
1) So, you are playing judge and jury here on everyone else's plans and how they make those plans, which suggests that we should somehow care about your opinion on the matter, while in the next breath assuring us all that you don't care what we think about said opinions. I don't find that a reasonable position. (I know: you don't care what I think.)
2) As people have noted earlier in this thread, I can see no sense in whatever twisted logic says, "Going multiple times, and thus preventing more people from getting to experience Oga's, is OK, but people who have multiple reservations that they will release at a later date, thus allowing others to get a chance to go, are the DEVIL!" Those "extra" reservations WILL go to another guest. Maybe not well in advance out like they'd prefer for peace of mind (and I totally understand), but someone will get to fill the cancellations.

And for the multiple people who keep saying that "hoarders" are doing it for FP plans: please read the thread and others' posts, not just your own, because I know because I posted about it that some people (like me) have planning issues around plenty of unknown Disney scheduling issues, like EMMs and After Hours that could be offered, not to mention possible changes in park hours, that could change plans. FPs aren't the half of it.
I also know from experience (when we didn't get Jedi Training spots on our one intended DHS day) that plans can change while you're actually on vacation, let alone 60 days out. So, thank you, people making last-minute cancellations! They got scooped up by me when I suddenly had to do an unplanned second day at DHS (and my then-12yo got to be a Padawan one last time 💗)!

I don't drink either, nor am I am fan on non-alcoholic fruity drinks (I'd rather eat my calories!!) but I'll be going along with my group and just take in the sights of the place while they have their drinks.
On the Breakfast menu, they do list some traditional coffee drinks, like a basic latte. It's worth asking if you can get those later in the day (if coffee is something you'd like).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter