Multiple reservations at Oga's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the option to search times even though there are none left for our trip in October...when are you going? You can only make reservations through February right now I believe.

My husband went through the app on his phone and managed to get reservations for both nights we're planning on visiting HS! We're going Sept 21-27. It looks like lots of people are having better luck today!

Are you guys using the Canadian site? I couldn’t search at all yesterday then I saw a screenshot of what the Americans could see and switched to the US site. I could search them but there were none left. I set up a touring plans search and it came through about an hour ago.

I was using the Canadian site, then switched to the American site later and still had the same info showing. So not sure what that was about! But as I said above, my husband managed to snag a couple reservations through the app, so I'm a happy wife :)

It's probably not so much the ADR hoarding, as the need to humble brag about it on a forum on a day that people couldn't even access the site that rubbed some the wrong way. No amount of justification will make that easier to swallow.

Precisely. I'm really astonished by the lack of tact exhibited by adults here. My 7 year olds know better; they understand they are NOT to brag about everything they get to Disney World at school because many other kids are not lucky enough to get to go and it rubs it in to hear about it. The posts gleefully announcing how many reservations they have gotten when others tried hard and got none are in such poor taste it is appalling.

I would very much like Disney to put an end to ADR hoarding. But just because Disney is slow to close a loophole (like they did by eventually making CRT pay-to-reserve, or cancelling fastpasses for folks who had a burner hotel reservation) does not mean that the loophole is morally acceptable. It is still selfish and unkind even if you can get away with it.

Not only is Oga's not a restaurant, it's a small bar (although with atmosphere; Anaheim's holds 267 people so about the size of the Rose & Crown pub) and a lot of its capacity is standing places, not seating. You can't be certain that you will be able to sit down while you are in there. I don't know how they will handle someone who professes a need to sit. Some folks are going to be mad when they find out about that, much like those who thought they were booking a full service restaurant.

If you have a reservation, you are limited to 45 minutes inside and 2 drinks. No hanging out.

Last edited:
After trying all day yesterday and not having a single slot for a 19 night visit available they have magically appeared and I was able to book one.
We don't drink alcohol but the non-alcoholic drinks sounds great. I just hope there is some seating in there for our kids.
Kids are definitely welcome but all seating is first come first served. Will be interesting to see how many seats are available at any time. Not many I would guess.

Kids are definitely welcome but all seating is first come first served. Will be interesting to see how many seats are available at any time. Not many I would guess.

Not sure if it will look exactly the same in WDW, but when we went in Anaheim, I think they already had our seats assigned prior to us even entering the bar. Every single position was marked on a map on the CM's tablet. And by seats, I mean spots where we stand, because most people are standing. The bar is fairly tall and I'm not sure I would take kids unless they're well behaved. When you're all at the counter, it's tough for conversation unless there's only a few of you. Smaller kids will not be able to see over the bar and there aren't many tables, which seemed to go to only the really big groups. I don't remember seeing any kids when I was there, but perhaps they were just not in my line of sight.

I've seen people talking about taking infants in, which would be a challenge. There are no strollers allowed and I feel like it would be hard to hold an infant and enjoy a drink at the bar counter. The music is very loud, I would probably also consider ear muffs for a baby because it really feels like a regular bar or club. You definitely have to raise your voice to be heard!

We booked a 12:45 for Friday 11/8 and then 9:20 am for Monday 11/11 - I figured I would keep one based on the FPs we get in September. It looks like we will just be getting a drink but I figured it's a way into GE if lines are crazy. I did notice that the first reservation slot is 6:00 am thru November. Wondering how others did...
I made 1 reservation for the day we plan on being @ HS. I was a little confused when reading about menu. It said snacks & beverages. I couldn’t find any snack item on menu except for breakfast. So I called MS @ DVC. They said there are going to be only 2 snack selections. It’s really going to be beverages. They went on to tell me that the lines for Oga’s In both DL have been very, very long & a big problem. They said reservation will be limited to a 45 minute time slot or 2 drinks.

Not sure if it will look exactly the same in WDW, but when we went in Anaheim, I think they already had our seats assigned prior to us even entering the bar. Every single position was marked on a map on the CM's tablet. And by seats, I mean spots where we stand, because most people are standing. The bar is fairly tall and I'm not sure I would take kids unless they're well behaved. When you're all at the counter, it's tough for conversation unless there's only a few of you. Smaller kids will not be able to see over the bar and there aren't many tables, which seemed to go to only the really big groups. I don't remember seeing any kids when I was there, but perhaps they were just not in my line of sight.

I've seen people talking about taking infants in, which would be a challenge. There are no strollers allowed and I feel like it would be hard to hold an infant and enjoy a drink at the bar counter. The music is very loud, I would probably also consider ear muffs for a baby because it really feels like a regular bar or club. You definitely have to raise your voice to be heard!
Great insights! Our son is six and is very excited but we understand we probably won’t have a seat. He can be cool for 45 minutes. At least he had better be. Mama needs her Yub Nub.

Great insights! Our son is six and is very excited but we understand we probably won’t have a seat. He can be cool for 45 minutes. At least he had better be. Mama needs her Yub Nub.

I'm sure your son will love it! I'm not a huge SW fan but even I appreciated how awesome and fun it was! It was such a wild experience walking up to Oga's in Disneyland, it honestly felt like we were entering a club in the middle of the parks :hyper: . You can hear the beat bumping from outside!

I don't really get it to be honest. Why multiple ADRs? Are these the same people that had to have the rose gold mouse ears? It's not even a restaurant. I can understand going maybe once, but multiple times during one trip? For a $14 beer?

To those who are without reservations, I feel your pain. I was you all day yesterday, staring at that Millennium Falcon screen. Then my phone went off at 4am from Touring Plans' text alerts. I then got up and stayed up to search around and try to guess what slots could I get that would work with my tentative plans for five months from now.
By "tentative" I do *not* mean that I do not know what I want to do. I mean I do not yet know what WDW will permit me to do. I have to guess if posted park hours will remain the same, including morning and evening EMH. (You know, the kind that turn a PPO breakfast into a RD meal.) I have to wonder if my vacation will coincide with any EMMs and After Hours events--in particular those at the park we're all discussing here, DHS. I have no idea if my Oga's reservation will be the only thing that gets me into Galaxy's Edge because fire-marshall rules will need to be invoked.
I know it's hard (from personal experience) to not know if you'll be able to enjoy all the things you hope to experience on your trip. But take heart, keep looking, use those reservation finders. The more info we all get about what will happen in the coming months, the more people's plans will shore up and/or change in response to unknown variables becoming known. And I know, again from experience, that staying up after midnight to grab cancellations people make while you're actually on your vacation is a winning strategy. Things become available. The ressie of your dreams *can* show up. GL!

Ok, first off - the Cantina holds 200-250 people at once. So even "holding" 12 spaces over the course of a day where all patrons are limited to 45 minutes in the restaurant barely even registers in terms of availability.

If there was really an issue with "ADR hoarding" as you call it, then WDW would put limitations on the number of ADRs an individual can make at a given establishment. The poster you are calling into question is playing well within the rules that WDW has established for booking dining. That's really all that matters - not whether or not you feel it's right.

Many people have had success using TP's reservation finder. Plus others reported that there appeared to be more availability released today. It's possibly WDW is releasing them slowly into the system.
Not exactly sure why you're only quoting my post when the majority of the other posts on this thread are addressing the same thing and showing how the majority on the thread feel about ADR hoarding. ???? And BTW, "ADR hoarding" was not coined by me but used over the years on here to describe exactly what is discussed here.... holding on to many reservations without the intent to use them all. When I booked my Oga's, (this morning) I booked a reservation for two for one time slot. I didn't look for more or try to get as many as I could. And yes, like it or not it does affect other people's vacations when ADR's are hoarded.

And Disney gets paid if someone doesn't make their reservation time, so they really don't care about others not getting an ADR at all. So no, they are not going to put limitations on the current system. They only do it when it gets really bad like BOG, but still make a ton of money. ($28 for eggs and toast? Come on!) My opinion is that they should treat it like a dessert party and actually charge your credit card for an amount, even a small amount and then apply that amount to your bill when you actually arrive and order. If they cancel, then they get the money refunded, just like a dessert party. That would curb some of the ADR hoarding and level the playing field a little.

You may have missed some information in my posts, so I'll point it out again.....

I know people are hording ADR's for Oga's and I'm not debating the right-or-wrong of it. I'm stating it for others to understand WHY they may not get into the land at all, let alone Oga's. And I can totally understand why it's not a popular post for those of us who can't even get ONE ADR. But, Disney creates these monsters with their system and I will be going to Disney again so I don't get too bent about these situations. But I also don't hoard ADR's because I have personal opinion against it.

And my response pointing out the poster's signature line and thread was in direct response to the poster stating that she didn't mention anywhere when she was going and that her reservations wouldn't help most who a problem with her ADR methods, which I was one person going at the same time and those 12 spots were 12 less shots that I personally had. I saw others post they were going the same time too, so they had a few less chances as well. The more people hoarding, the less chance for others...that's just a fact. Thankfully once people started realizing that Oga's is actually a bar and not a restaurant, they started to dump them.

This (below) perfectly sums up WHY people get upset with what they see as hoarding, bragging and the response that some people will get "pixie dust" down the road when plans are finalized.

I truly hope you all that didn't get one, can manage. No one should hope for pixie dust, just a fair shot.
Again, Disney created this monster and not every does get a fair shot.

Ehhhh no. People rushed to book 'the hot new thing' and didn't realize they were booking a bar spot instead of a restaurant and are dumping their ADR's in droves. That has been reported pretty much everywhere.

It's probably not so much the ADR hoarding, as the need to humble brag about it on a forum on a day that people couldn't even access the site that rubbed some the wrong way. No amount of justification will make that easier to swallow.
Exactly..... I posted earlier in the thread that Disney is trying to use their existing ADR system to book a time slot for people to get into the bar.

I don't really get it to be honest. Why multiple ADRs? Are these the same people that had to have the rose gold mouse ears? It's not even a restaurant. I can understand going maybe once, but multiple times during one trip? For a $14 beer?

I booked multiple reservations that I intend to use. One is for the day I’m doing SWGE solo. The next is for the day my entire party is visiting. And the third is for my next trip in December.

But I still see no issues if someone wants to visit multiple times in one trip. To each their own. When we first discovered Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian we went 3 times in a week.

I also don’t see the issue in someone choosing to book 3 or 4 reservations and only use 1 or 2. The capacity of the restaurant is finite. If they use them Disney will make money, if they don’t, they’ll collect the cancellation fee and a walk up or last min patron will grab that spot.

I have multiple ADRs because they are for different days with different people. They are spread out among two different trips.

I think Disney opened up more slots. It seems like too many were release early in the morning for it just to be people dropping.

I am also a little surprised people seem to have no idea what this is. It has been open at DL for months. The line/crowd has been an issue since day 1. It makes perfect sense to me that they would use the ADR system to try to manage the crowds here. I think people are saying "breakfast/lunch/dinner" because that is what the reservation says.

I don't have multiple reservations for a single trip, mostly because we are going to be in DHS only a few hours each trip, but I do have reservations for each of our two upcoming trips. I won't get beer, but certainly a couple cocktails each time. Cocktails at the places that I frequent near me run $10-20 depending on where you go and what you get, so the prices aren't anything out of the norm for me.

Everyone has different preferences. I prefer to eat when I drink, but it isn't strictly necessary.

We don't drink alcohol but the non-alcoholic drinks sounds great. I just hope there is some seating in there for our kids.
We went to Oga's in Disneyland earlier this month and here are some notes from our experience.

There are some booths, but the majority of people will be standing at high bar tables or at the bar itself. You don't get to choose because when you are taken into Oga's the CM will take you to your pre-assigned place. Smaller groups will share tables or booths. We were in a booth that had parties of 2 and 4 already seated. When they left they were replaced with 3 parties of 2 each.

If ordering two drinks our server wanted both of them ordered at the same time, although she brought them out one at a time. Payment was when the first drink was brought to the table.

We saw some children, but I don't think strollers were not allowed.

The majority of ppl who have multiple ADRs are waiting to see how their fastpasses fall into place and then they will cancel the ADRs that dont fit.
Not cool.

I’ve been trying this evening for something 11/7-11/11 and no luck. I’ll try after the 60 and 30 day FP windows in the hopes that some of the people grabbing multiples release some. If we don’t get in, it’s not the end of the world for us, but I’m still slightly annoyed at how unnecessarily difficult this has to be. Typical Disney planning bullsh*t... :fish:

I ended up hopping online and checking again around seven this morning and there was quite a bit of availability. I got one lunch time and one dinner time so we can see the land during the day and then all lit up in the evening. Hope others have good luck getting what they want!

I ended up hopping online and checking again around seven this morning and there was quite a bit of availability. I got one lunch time and one dinner time so we can see the land during the day and then all lit up in the evening. Hope others have good luck getting what they want!

And I’ll just add to my previous post... I’m not a fan of hoarding reservations, although I understand why people do it before all FP plans are set. I also understand why some people don’t get why someone would want more than one reservation to the same place. I personally did more than one (and they are on different days) so we can see the park in the light of day as well as lit up at night... I think all the parks have a whole different vibe in the evening. I most likely won’t be back until Fall 2020 so I’d like to see what I can this trip. Since we can’t predict crowds or guarantee entrance any other way at this point, I decided that it’s worth the price of an extra round of drinks to see the land in the evening. And there are at least two different drinks I want to try, so I’ll have a new tasting experience each time. If news comes out about a better way of getting in the land without a reservation, I’ll consider dropping one of mine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter