Mum and moi take Orlando: the never-ending trip report (aka we are nuts) NEW 5/20 x4!!!

We will be there Aug 30-Sept. 4. Would love to see you !!

I think teenage correspondent is a fabulous idea !!

This is all so exciting. You HAVE to be thinking that this all happened for a reason. Your mother is so brave to do this. I am sure you are helping as best you can, but I bet she is super stressed. I know I would be.

Take lots of photos with your new camera while you are there !!

I can't wait to read what happens next.

Susan

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU.
I mean who doesn't want to LIVE in Florida?!? I know I sure as heck do!
The never ending trip report of happiness. :D
Make sure you ask the realtor where the closest chick-fil-a is! THAT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE. <3
ugh, I'm super jealous. Disney Disney Disney.

EEE THANK YOU!
Living in FL is going to be the best thing that has ever happened to moi. Literally.
SO MUCH HAPPINESS!
Greatest idea ever! I will have to ask her.

And now I can't believe that during a trip to FL for a kinda important task of house hunting...you are just gonna go to Disney. Ok. #priorities

LOL

DUDE. DISNEY WORLD IS RIGHT THERE. It does seem ridiculous, I know. BUT DISNEY.

My brain, all day evr day.

Same here, same here.

We will be there Aug 30-Sept. 4. Would love to see you !!

I will let you know when it gets closer if we can come! I’m sure we will be able to!

I think teenage correspondent is a fabulous idea !!

Right?!

This is all so exciting. You HAVE to be thinking that this all happened for a reason. Your mother is so brave to do this. I am sure you are helping as best you can, but I bet she is super stressed. I know I would be.

We are both very stressed trying to get everything done in such a short amount of time. It is very exciting, but crazy.

Take lots of photos with your new camera while you are there !!

OF COURSE I WILL!

I can't wait to read what happens next.

Susan

The DISmeet will be next!

I can't believe you guys are moving to Florida:banana:. My cousin lives in Tampa and she loves it. She is not a Disney freak, so I think that is a total waste and I should live there. Congratulations!!!!!! Have fun house hunting!!!!!

If this trip report ever ends, it'll be the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since The Neverending Story. :P

For some reason I am looking forward to hearing the trials and tribulations of being a long distance landlord. At least you won't have to deal with any crazy tenants face to face!

Oh my Meg! How scary, exciting, fabulous all at the same time!!! I'm looking forward to hearing how this works out for you and your mom!! :)

I can't believe you guys are moving to Florida:banana:. My cousin lives in Tampa and she loves it. She is not a Disney freak, so I think that is a total waste and I should live there. Congratulations!!!!!! Have fun house hunting!!!!!

It’s crazy, I know.
It is a total waste to live in FL if you don’t go to Disney and/or love Disney! Like no.
Thank you!

If this trip report ever ends, it'll be the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since The Neverending Story. :P

For some reason I am looking forward to hearing the trials and tribulations of being a long distance landlord. At least you won't have to deal with any crazy tenants face to face!

IT WON’T. PROMISE.
It should be interesting, to say the least.

Oh my Meg! How scary, exciting, fabulous all at the same time!!! I'm looking forward to hearing how this works out for you and your mom!! :)

Tell moi about it!
I hope everything works out :-) thanks!​

Totally in for your neverending trip report! It is so exciting Meg! Best of luck to you and your mum on your new life in Florida:)

What a great opportunity! I hope your mom finds something great quickly and you all have a wonderful time getting settled in your new home.

What a great opportunity! I hope your mom finds something great quickly and you all have a wonderful time getting settled in your new home.

Me too! She is gonna focus on getting a job once we get to Florida. I'm crossing my fingers!

June 24 - 27th: The calm before the storm

I posted on Twitter on Wednesday:
HOW THE CRAP IS IT ONLY WEDNESDAY?! CAN'T IT AT LEAST BE FRIDAY ALREADY?!
(btw, I will be posting tweets from moi throughout the TR is that font)

Seriously, this week DRRRRRRAGGGGGED. I was in camp all week and it wasn’t like I was bored. I just REALLY wanted the week to be over and done with. I COULDN’T WAIT FOR DISNEY. And the DISmeet. BUT MOSTLY DISNEY CAUSE LET’S BE REAL NOW. I kept counting down the days and it seemed like no time had passed. Y U DO THIS TO MOI DISNEY.

Our week was pretty much boring. Except when Mum almost had a heart attack at work because her name wasn’t on the list of “approved” people for the package she took. So basically she almost died. Everything is fine though. She got two emails saying that they got her letter and stuff and I guess they forgot her name or something...??? And I guess they didn’t know when she faxed the papers in? Who knows. BUT EVERYTHING IS COOL GUYS. She got approved so it’s official!!!!!

I swear to God we spent most of our week at the dump. No lie. They are only open on Saturdays and Tuesdays and between those two days, we went there 8 times. And our car was PACKED full with crap we were getting rid of. Basically, we are hoarders.

And we had PILES of stuff in our basement and we had to hire some people to get rid of all of it. They came Wednesday night and they did a great job.

Like I said. HOARDERS.

On Thursday, I took the day off from camp and Mum didn’t go to work because we had a ton of stuff to do and our realtor was coming. So we cleaned the house and I took my Disney pins out from the lots I got on ebay. I took 13 (mum’s lucky number) and put some on my lanyard and then some in a little pouch that has vintage cameras all over it that I got in Washington D.C. Plus I got my Snow White notebook all ready and put it in my backpack. Priorities, dudes. So much more important than a clean house so we don’t look like pigs when the realtor takes pictures. Just sayin’.

TRADERS!
i3m3.jpg

And how awesome is my Snow White notebook?! I’m in love with it.
qhad.jpg

e4ey.jpg

After we finished up cleaning the house, we got ready and waited for the realtor to come.

He came, took some pictures, and Mum filled out some paperwork. And our house will go up tomorrow so fingers crossed!!!

While Mum was talking to our realtor, I was busy taking selfies with our cats. Cause I am a freak.

Moi and Figaro.
q4eq.jpg

With Meeko!
8pgh.jpg

You’re welcome. I’m sure y’all wanted to see those. I mean, I could include all 20 or so selfies I took with them, but I’m sure you guys are all set. For now. MUAHAHHAHA. And plus I look awful with no makeup on so there’s that.

Anyways…

After our realtor left, we headed out, went to the post office and the bank, got dinner, and then had a mini shopping spree at Hot Topic. It’s not moi’s fault that they have Disney tank tops and leggings. So I got the Peter Pan tank top and the Kiss the Girl leggings with Ariel and Eric. Perfection, if you ask moi. It’s not like I needed more Disney clothes but they were there. And I wanted them. So yeah. And plus they had a sign with upcoming Disney designs and the Aristocats were included on there, which is like awesome. If they have a tank top of Marie, I will die and become five again.

We also went to Best Buy and got a new GPS cause our old one just died.

Then we headed home and chillaxed.

GUYS TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!!

Meg! I'm so excited for you and your mom!!! I'm looking forward to hearing how everything goes. Safe travels!!

Moi has that WDW pennant flag pin. Also from the eBay lot.

U GOT THE LEGGINGS?!
EYE went with the Mike take from HT...as you may have seen from my snapchat.

Hey. It's almost Sunday!

So jealous you got the Pan tank top. My HT didn't have my size. I'm going to a diff mall tomorrow and I hope they have that one and Mike tank.

I never understand why times go by SO slow when you're waiting for the trip and then once you're there, it zooms right on by. No fair!

Have a great trip!! Looking forward to live tweets. :goodvibes

OHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOD.

AS IF WE WEREN'T SIMILAR ENOUGH....
MY CAT'S NAME IS MEEKO TOO!
I can't even handle this. oh The Lord above.
MEEKO TWINS!

Also, I am not ashamed to say I have every single tanktop that Hot Topic came out with, YES I WASTED ALL MY MONEY. NO I AM NOT MAD.
If they have a Marie one, I will also die.. just die.

So excited for you & I love your Snow White notebook! perfect!

DISSSSSNEEEEEY!

Moi has that WDW pennant flag pin. Also from the eBay lot.

U GOT THE LEGGINGS?!
EYE went with the Mike take from HT...as you may have seen from my snapchat.

Hey. It's almost Sunday!

I have the red and the purple flag. TWINS.
WELL YEAH!
Nice pun, twin, nice pun.
THANK GOD.

So jealous you got the Pan tank top. My HT didn't have my size. I'm going to a diff mall tomorrow and I hope they have that one and Mike tank.

I never understand why times go by SO slow when you're waiting for the trip and then once you're there, it zooms right on by. No fair!

Have a great trip!! Looking forward to live tweets. :goodvibes

I hope you found them!
I know! It is ridiculous. Like, you wait forever for a trip and then it is done before you know it.
Thank you! And what is your Twitter name?

OHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOD.

AS IF WE WEREN'T SIMILAR ENOUGH....
MY CAT'S NAME IS MEEKO TOO!
I can't even handle this. oh The Lord above.
MEEKO TWINS!

Also, I am not ashamed to say I have every single tanktop that Hot Topic came out with, YES I WASTED ALL MY MONEY. NO I AM NOT MAD.
If they have a Marie one, I will also die.. just die.

So excited for you & I love your Snow White notebook! perfect!

DISSSSSNEEEEEY!

TWINSIES!
That. Is. Awesome. I LOVE those tank tops. You are not crazy. At all.
I love it too!
EEEEEEEEEEE!

Your kitties are SO cute! :)

Aw thanks!​

June 28th: The start of the NE DISmeet!

On Friday, I went to camp and we had a game show and I crushed all of those counselors and other children with the Disney questions. And when I say crushed them, I was the only one who knew where Its a small world originated. Which is a stupid question to ask, cause come on now. What child would know that?! One of the counselors beat me and said the Chicago World’s Fair. Yeah, I don’t think so. Moi being the walking Disney history book and all, got that question right and had the most points. WHAT NOW.

Anyways…

After camp, I had my guitar lesson and then we headed to the DISmeet! I was so excited. So was Mum. But mostly moi.

And I was one of the official photographers for the event, and for the whole(ish) weekend. So I took A TON of pictures. I won’t bore you with them though so I will only post the limit of 25 and that’s that.

Of course, we missed the street the event was on so we had to take a u-turn but we made it there in no time. We parked like 500 miles away from the building and then we had to get everything out of the car because we were donating jewelry and some bags for door prizes and silent auctions.

Once we got everything out of the car, we headed inside.

On the door, they had a big green eye, and for some reason, that picture won’t upload. I hate Imageshack sometimes.

We headed straight for the registration table and got our lanyards and other stuff.

The room was decorated SO well.
unty.jpg

hkp8.jpg

It was all Monsters University themed and it was just so cute. MOI LOVED IT.
v8fw.jpg

3dzg.jpg

9h0r.jpg

We walked around for a minute and checked everything out. Then we saw Kaelea and Kevin, who you might remember from the NJ DISmeet back in April. We sat down and talked to them for a few.

pfef.jpg

My awesome nametag.
sqpv.jpg

We got up and checked out the door prizes and the silent auction stuff and OMG there were some AMAZING silent auction items, including a walking/photo tour at AK with Dustin. I would die for two reasons: 1. Animal Kingdom, duh, and 2. Um… let’s just say it doesn’t have to do with AK. Or photography. Or walking… MOVING ON.

One of the silent auction items was this amazing chair that was painted at a middle school. We would have bid for it but we are kinda, um, MOVING TO FLORIDA, and don’t need more stuff.
5ln6.jpg

They had some AWESOME door prizes too including MGM MGM MGM. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
ejiu.jpg

We sat back down at our table for a while and chatted with Kevin and Kaelea and our other tablemates, Matt and his mom, who just went on the Backstage Magic ABD, so we talked about that. And the whole Grand California issue they had. If you have not heard about that, basically, the water just stopped for HOURS. At a deluxe. Yeah… um Disneyland Hotel all da way.

We also chatted with Kathy for a while and gave her the big news and she was so happy for us!

During all of this, we played DIS bingo and since we were one of the first 10 people to fill up their whole card, we got prizes! They had lithographs and bags. AWESOME SAUCE.

I went around and took some pictures for a while and got my exercise for the week. True fact.

xggs.jpg

62pc.jpg

Pretty soon, it was dinnertime and there was a big rumbly in my tummbly. SO MOI NEEDED FOOD. LIKE I ALWAYS DO.

This was my plate o’ food. Aka YUMMO.
caau.jpg

After we finished up dinner, we burned off the calories by checking out more silent auction stuff they put out, including THIS. TWINNNNNN.
vn4e.jpg

AND HOW CUTE IS THIS. DYING.
wdz4.jpg

TWIN.
jb5o.jpg

Then we noticed dessert and there was a MU cake that was ADORABLE. I was trying to take a picture of it with my flash on and Teresa was standing right next to moi. My camera flash went off and she was so scared, that it was funny. She was like “I saw this light and didn’t know what it was!” I felt so bad!

Ok, maybe it doesn’t sound as funny now. BE THAT WAY.

We put more calories back on. And I had cake after.
4xek.jpg

After we FINALLY finished eating, we started trivia and our table was the Tasty Kakers cause we had the winner and I think the second place champions of the Tasty Kake (yes, kake) eating contest. WINNING.

All of the teams.
k2u9.jpg

And dudes and dudettes, I swear to God I have never laughed so hard in my life during trivia. Mum was practically crying. Thank you Matt, for The Big Dump. And that is all I will say about that…

We came in second place so BOO YA! We got prizes which were the same from the bingo but we got different bags and lithographs.

And that was pretty much it for Friday night’s events. We drove home after it ended and got home at about 11. We had to get up early on Saturday CAUSE OF REASONS.

And just to let y'all know, I will not be posting the second half of the DISmeet as we have a lot to do to get ready for FLORIDA! And plus I have to try to get some rest since we have to be up bright and early (won't happen). I will see you wonderful people when we get back!!!!! :banana:

Rumbley in my tumbley >>>>>>

I would legitimately go and rip those Mike wall decorations off the wall and put them in my bag. No. Freaking. Lie.
Even if it means stalking it at the end of the night they would HAVE TO go home with me because LOOK AT MIKE. All the MU decorations. I can't. That little flag UGH

Is this Sofia backpack in your possession? Because it should be. Cuz then in January we can be princess backpack twins

STITCH + ICE CREAM

And what is this delicious red velvet looking type thing?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter